Hacking Feedback Hardware WiiU freezes at logo screen - attempted UDPIH recovery force shuts it down

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do this. The recovery is attached to the quoted post
It's still work in progress and the SLC dumper still has problems. it will be integrated in Garys menu once it is ready.
You should try to get OTP and SEEPROM first. without them we can't analyze a dump you did in hardware. Maybe try it blind in garys menu.

Here is a updated version of my dumper, which should give indication on the power led. After booting it just press power once. After half a minute or so the power LED should start flashing yellow.

If you want the NAND-AID send me your adress in a PN

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How much do you charge?
AFAIK around 10 € incl. shipping... But you're to late to the party, the last NAND-AID SDIO had is reserved for Hipoli04.

Oh and to @Hipoli04: Really sorry to still not replying... Told you by DM already why not last time and now a friend does a birthday party... Really sorry but might need more time to get a clear head and don't want to give you false advises.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
8€ (for EU) for the set (PCB, slot, cap), but the last one is reservered fir @Hipoli04 . I just noticed I didn't tell him the price. So I have to see if he is fine with that.

You @MattTheTekie are from USA anyway, so shipping would be expensive. Maybe @Lazr1026 can sell you one.

I sold / used all that I had and I don't plan a second charge... But everyone can order them himself from a PCB manufacturer and sell the excess (you have to order at least 5)

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
8€ (for EU) for the set
Which is a damn good deal @Hipoli04 . SDIO is a real hero, he even gave out NAND-AIDs for free to some people... As had been said multiple times: The NAND-AID he would sell to you would be the last one... And I'm pretty sure SDIO lost money with sellling (and esp. gifting) the NAND-AIDs that cheap. So I would highly suggest to take that deal!

I meant as a service.
Ask your local repair shop. We're helping with doing such things but we won't offer repair service.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't offer such a service. These things are not worth fixing if you add the cost of labor. Especially with shipping it to another continent. @Lazr1026 still might fix them, and she is based in the US, so cheaper shipping.

MattTheTekie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
test72.eu.org
XP
Country
United States
Which is a damn good deal @Hipoli04 . SDIO is a real hero, he even gave out NAND-AIDs for free to some people... As had been said multiple times: The NAND-AID he would sell to you would be the last one... And I'm pretty sure SDIO lost money with sellling (and esp. gifting) the NAND-AIDs that cheap. So I would highly suggest to take that deal!

Ask your local repair shop. We're helping with doing such things but we won't offer repair service.
Thank you.
Post automatically merged:

I don't offer such a service. These things are not worth fixing if you add the cost of labor. Especially with shipping it to another continent. @Lazr1026 still might fix them, and she is based in the US, so cheaper shipping.
Alright

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
for transparency: the material cost (without shipping) for one set were only about 4€, because I got a good deal for 10 pcbs for the price of 5 from elecrow. I didn't expect to sell through all of them, so I added some margin. 7€ for Germany and 8€ for EU shipping.
From the 10 I only sold 4. 2 I used myself and 3 sd slots and 2 pcbs went to a colleague, who bought the SD slots and caps. One NAND-AID set I sent to @V10lator for his development Wii U for free.
If you added that you you will notice, I still have one PCB left, but I don't have a slot for it, so I will just keep it for myself as a reference (or as a replacement if one gets lost in shipping).

And as I said, no need to buy from me, Voultar published the Gerber files, so everyone can order these PCBs.

If someone orders in bulk he probably can get the price down even more, but there is always the risk of not selling all of them...

Reactions: V10lator

Hipoli04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
AFAIK around 10 € incl. shipping... But you're to late to the party, the last NAND-AID SDIO had is reserved for Hipoli04.

Oh and to @Hipoli04: Really sorry to still not replying... Told you by DM already why not last time and now a friend does a birthday party... Really sorry but might need more time to get a clear head and don't want to give you false advises.
Don't worry!! Have fun!

8€ (for EU) for the set (PCB, slot, cap), but the last one is reservered fir @Hipoli04 . I just noticed I didn't tell him the price. So I have to see if he is fine with that.

You @MattTheTekie are from USA anyway, so shipping would be expensive. Maybe @Lazr1026 can sell you one.

I sold / used all that I had and I don't plan a second charge... But everyone can order them himself from a PCB manufacturer and sell the excess (you have to order at least 5)
Im okay with the price!

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One NAND-AID set I sent to @V10lator for his development Wii U for free.
You're way too good to me and you know it. I can only repeat: Give me your damn paypal adress or something so I can donate something back to you!

For the people who don't know: That guy didn't only give me a NAND-AID for free but even a whole Wii U... He's a god damn super hero but he doesn't give me the chance to compensate for the losts he did thanks to supporting me.

MattTheTekie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
test72.eu.org
XP
Country
United States
You're way too good to me and you know it. I can only repeat: Give me your damn paypal adress or something so I can donate something back to you!

For the people who don't know: That guy didn't only give me a NAND-AID for free but even a whole Wii U... He's a god damn super hero but he doesn't give me the chance to compensate for the losts he did thanks to supporting me.
You really are lucky man. I just unbricked my wiiu, mlcchecker only had like 2-3things

ThatGuyFlip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many capacity should the sd card hace? Is 8GB enought?
Taking a wild educated guess, and it depends on your WiiU model. If it is the 32gb, I'd get an SD card bigger than that. If you have the 8gb model, get a 16gb SD card. That's usually the case for most nand backups in general. SDIO will let you know for certain though.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The one you dump to needs to have at leas 64GB, as it needs to store the full image of the 32GB emmc and the 512MB SLC.
There are ways to get away with a 32GB SD, but that would be tricky without screen output.

You need also a 32GB sdcard (needs to be the exact size) to replace the bad eMMC with. I use a Sandisk Max Endurance for that, because I like Sandisk, but many others work too. I even started a list in my thread about the issu with the working ones.

EDIT: assuming you have a 32GB model, as the (GB ones don't have Hynix and usually don't fail this way.

Reactions: ThatGuyFlip

Hipoli04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The one you dump to needs to have at leas 64GB, as it needs to store the full image of the 32GB emmc and the 512MB SLC.
There are ways to get away with a 32GB SD, but that would be tricky without screen output.

You need also a 32GB sdcard (needs to be the exact size) to replace the bad eMMC with. I use a Sandisk Max Endurance for that, because I like Sandisk, but many others work too. I even started a list in my thread about the issu with the working ones.

EDIT: assuming you have a 32GB model, as the (GB ones don't have Hynix and usually don't fail this way.
great, i have a 128GB SD, so i think It should work for the dump, and I will search for a 32GB one for the replacement of the eMMC.

I am now invested in this story. Good luck, Hipoli04! And SDIO, amazing work as always.
thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?