Hacking Official Corbenik - Another CFW for advanced users (with bytecode patches!)

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
There is anyone with trouble compiling the latest commit (the plainconf merge)?
To be more specific, a loader error

"Segmentation fault." Essentially, it's what happens when a program reads/writes memory it isn't supposed to and the OS kills it. I'm going to go ahead and blame WSL here.

I mean nightmare-level stuff like this.
You know, because they worked so well last time.

Ah, the POSIX subsystem. Shipping with a eight-year old GCC, incorrect headers...and doesn't even properly emulate some things. Good times. Good times.

There's a reason I prefer Cygwin's slow-as-hell fork.

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
Ohh interesting. Have you perhaps tested for region change purposes as well? Most CFWs support region free but when it comes to changing the region to say US we usually get an error when trying to access the eShop on N3DS

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Your nightlies seem to be rather out of sync

Yeah, there hasn't been a skeith build for a while.

I've been building from source, though.

In retrospect, nightlies contained in a git repo was a stupid idea.

The source is still getting occasional fix-ups as-needed, since this is still my daily driver. It's unlikely I'll make a stable release (or restart nightlies) anytime soon.

Ohh interesting. Have you perhaps tested for region change purposes as well? Most CFWs support region free but when it comes to changing the region to say US we usually get an error when trying to access the eShop on N3DS

Region-free is behaviorally identical to other CFW.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
In retrospect, nightlies contained in a git repo was a stupid idea.

The source is still getting occasional fix-ups as-needed, since this is still my daily driver. It's unlikely I'll make a stable release (or restart nightlies) anytime soon.

Region-free is behaviorally identical to other CFW.
huh. I suppose I could build it from source, at least so the updater keeps having the latest build.

Reactions: shawn_

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Testing it in a bit.
Could you also see if the nightly's updating fine from the updater too? I didn't bring my 3DS with me for vacations, so.... x.x I won't be able to get it till after the new year.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Could you also see if the nightly's updating fine from the updater too? I didn't bring my 3DS with me for vacations, so.... x.x I won't be able to get it till after the new year.
I will be testing it later. I am backing up my laptop. I forgot to back up Thursday.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I will be testing it later. I am backing up my laptop. I forgot to back up Thursday.
Also, please use the Updater with devmode on, to see if the latest script works fine, when you do. Thanks, again!

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Also, please use the Updater with devmode on, to see if the latest script works fine, when you do. Thanks, again!

It might not be until tomorrow when I do any testing since I am working on another project at the moment.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It might not be until tomorrow when I do any testing since I am working on another project at the moment.
No problem with that, since I will be unable to test until the 3rd or so.

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Assuming @gnmmarechal's build environment is okay and the builds work, it should be identical to how skeith was previously built, so if you find any non-obvious issues, feel free to report them (but mention you used a prebuilt, please.)

Also, Merry Christmas / Winter Solstice / Hanukkah / whatever holiday y'all celebrate. Thanks for sticking with me through the year. :D

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Assuming @gnmmarechal's build environment is okay and the builds work, it should be identical to how skeith was previously built, so if you find any non-obvious issues, feel free to report them (but mention you used a prebuilt, please.)

Also, Merry Christmas / Winter Solstice / Hanukkah / whatever holiday y'all celebrate. Thanks for sticking with me through the year. :D
You too :D

And yeah, I'm unable to test right now but it should work as I've compiled before and it worked fine. Same environment I used to compile Corbenik-UN.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

And a Joyous Yule to you as well! It's be amazing year and a great journey we've all taken.
It's obviously going to be stable, but you know me, I'll either break it or report back good news!

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So all the patches work, ect ect. Nothing broken. What I was more interested in was the "Remove Outline" in Pokemon S/M. So of course I had to setup NTR to take some screenshots and to properly show it working. Which was nice because I ran into the same battle both before and after the patch was applied

I also tested the patch on an old3DS to see if it would actually work. Which I am pleased to say, it does indeed work on an old3DS as well. So reboot patches and the remove outline patch do not conflict with each other and will work on an old3DS.

These tests we preformed on an actual physical copy of the game and both systems are running the latest OFW.
Here's the screenshots from my new3DS
With outline.png
without ontline.png

Last edited by The Catboy,

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
So all the patches work, ect ect. Nothing broken. What I was more interested in was the "Remove Outline" in Pokemon S/M. So of course I had to setup NTR to test it out on my New3DS and took some screenshots to show it working. Which was nice because I ran into the same battle both before and after the patch was applied

I also tested the patch on an old3DS to see if it would actually work. Which I am pleased to say, it does indeed work on an old3DS as well. So reboot patches and the remove outline patch do not conflict with each other and will work on an old3DS.

These tests we preformed on an actual physical copy of the game and both systems are running the latest OFW.
Here's the screenshots from my new3DS

You don't have to use NTR to use the remove the outline or the mystery machine patch, so both work on O3DS and N3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Red Bitch Blue Bitch Pumping ain't easy!