Hacking Copying Miis from Wii to vWii... is this possible?

Pepois

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hmm, good question. I'll have to check that on my Wii when I get home if someone else can't give an answer sooner.
Ok, i suceded! It has to be in the right folder inside apps (SaveGame_Manager_Gx) and it even works with the official forwarder which I had to make vWii compatible too with the BannerTools etc. However, it was a pain to install the Miis on the vWii since I had to exit the app for each single Mii otherwise if I tried to install more than one without closing the app (which would be the ideal) it would only install the last Mii which is a complete bummer! Specially when installing 30+ Miis. Other than that the app does work. I even copied a couple of saved games! Thank you all.

Reactions: steveroo

Pepois

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

JoostinOnline, since you made (coded) ConnectWii, I was wondering if you have the forwarder that Asper made for it (the black one) if so could you please upload it? the link is dead. Thank you!

Is this one:
00000001000000021t.png

Pepois

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't, but ConnectMii no longer works as they've shut down WC24 completely.
Well you can still connec to Everybody votes. But yes you are right. Maybe for nostalgic ones like myself. Thank you for all the effort though. I hope you continue working on Nintendont. Its great to have GC on the Wii U's vWii. Keep it up!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Well you can still connec to Everybody votes.
Wait, do you mean connect but it just shows you that there's nothing going on?.
(I deleted my channel when I saw the results of the ones that said "this is the last regional/world survey" in the title so I can't confirm this myself.)

Pepois

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
(I deleted my channel when I saw the results of the ones that said "this is the last regional/world survey" in the title so I can't confirm this myself.)
I managed to get into a World Poll... something about if I gave a birthday present this year... so it does work but there arent many polls etc. ;)

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't, but ConnectMii no longer works as they've shut down WC24 completely.
It does work to allow you to load the channels, just to receive the 'Thank you for using WiiConnect24' message. I also received the Wii marketing messages meant to introduce Wii U to Wii users by having Connectmii triggered. It's nostalgia, pure and simple, but it does work.

Once I enable WiiConnect24 I can load the channel and see the results of all the polls I participated in. I can also load the Wii Speak Channel, but I have no idea if that still works or not

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, i suceded! It has to be in the right folder inside apps (SaveGame_Manager_Gx) and it even works with the official forwarder which I had to make vWii compatible too with the BannerTools etc. However, it was a pain to install the Miis on the vWii since I had to exit the app for each single Mii otherwise if I tried to install more than one without closing the app (which would be the ideal) it would only install the last Mii which is a complete bummer! Specially when installing 30+ Miis. Other than that the app does work. I even copied a couple of saved games! Thank you all.

Who ever is following these instructions use sd:\A as you your folder or any word starting with A that way it's faster to type in the command where you're saving the miis. Also, when you exit the app after installing a app you can exit to homebrew instead of wii menu to install another mii.

Extra note; make a couple of stiff drinks and put on a record when doing this process.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a 3DS, you can copy Miis from the Wii to the 3DS, then from the 3DS to the Wii U Mii Maker. None of the Wii, Wii U or 3DS need to be hacked for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu