Hacking Copying GBA save files

Myria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I copy my GBA VC save files from one system to another? I have the Ambassador set on my main system and want to copy a save file to a capture-carded 3DS for streaming.

Checkpoint doesn't show the GBA VC games.

npbg6464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I copy my GBA VC save files from one system to another? I have the Ambassador set on my main system and want to copy a save file to a capture-carded 3DS for streaming.

Checkpoint doesn't show the GBA VC games.

You can copy the decrypted save file from your game's title ID folder with Godmode9 from [A:\title\<gameIDHi>\<gameIDLo>\data\00000001.sav]. You can also get the raw GBA save (for use with emulators, etc) from [S:\gbavc.sav]

Reactions: Myria

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tools like Checkpoint use the same functionality as the developer SDK's tools for managing save data, and they don't work with GBA titles. (NTR and TWL functionality, by the same token, doesn't yet support WarioWare: DIY's unique save hardware)

Godmode9 uses its own implementation, and therefore it does.

Reactions: Tac 21

Myria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can copy the decrypted save file from your game's title ID folder with Godmode9 from [A:\title\<gameIDHi>\<gameIDLo>\data\00000001.sav]. You can also get the raw GBA save (for use with emulators, etc) from [S:\gbavc.sav]
This did not work. After I copied the file, running the game on the other 3DS thinks that the save file is corrupt. I copied both "from" and "to" the A: drive so that the SD-level encryption wouldn't be a problem.

There's probably a MAC in the header I need to fix somehow.

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Copying the save from/to AGBSAVE partition is probably the only way to manage them, at least for now.
That's a bit inconvenient, as the saves can only be copied one at a time (the partition stores the save for the last launched GBA title).
Here's a guide for that method, if you need it: https://3ds.hacks.guide/godmode9-usage#backup-gba-vc-saves

Reactions: npbg6464

npbg6464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This did not work. After I copied the file, running the game on the other 3DS thinks that the save file is corrupt. I copied both "from" and "to" the A: drive so that the SD-level encryption wouldn't be a problem.

There's probably a MAC in the header I need to fix somehow.

Try deleting the secure value for the title with JKSM on the target device after copying the save. If that doesn't work, probably the only way is what redunka posted.

Last edited by npbg6464,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you