Hacking Contenthax - a Vulnerability in Wii U File System Verification

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!
I found a very simple way to use loadiine directly without use browser and without have Wii U connected to internet
You have to compile the IOSUhax from the @TheCyberQuake 's Haxchi Mod Custom redNAND Launch Title thread, then choose your DS game version (but only HBL version) and replace it with WUPserver
This loads the homebrew_launcher.elf from SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/ so then paste the .elf from loadiine GX2 and rename it to homebrew_launcher and when you open it it loads loadiine!
Bye!
I actually plan on making another custom haxchi that simply runs /wiiu/contenthax.elf, that way people can make it launch a custom app directly.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is this something Nintendo could easily block by updating hachihachi? Or is it more to do with the Wii U firmware?

Guess what I'm really asking is, if people wait around too long to grab a compatible game is it possible they might be out of luck if there's a silent patch server side?

EDIT: Also, does installing this mean homebrew can persist even if web exploit gets patched in a new update?

Last edited by subcon959,

ppeterr

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I actually plan on making another custom haxchi that simply runs /wiiu/contenthax.elf, that way people can make it launch a custom app directly.

wow those last 4 posting messed up my 2 brain cells :) please work it out for them with only 2 cells

Last edited by ppeterr,

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Is this something Nintendo could easily block by updating hachihachi? Or is it more to do with the Wii U firmware?

Guess what I'm really asking is, if people wait around too long to grab a compatible game is it possible they might be out of luck if there's a silent patch server side?
They can't patch this without releasing something like 5.5.2.
EDIT: Also, does installing this mean homebrew can persist even if web exploit gets patched in a new update?
Yes. But if they patch the stagefright exploit, I doubt they won't patch haxchi as well.

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, in the two days that I've been away from this thread it has increased like a tenfold with over 600 new posts and all, don't feel like reading through all that, can someone give me a summary about what caused this thread to blow up in these two days so quickly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ppeterr

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, in the two days that I've been away from this thread it has increased like a tenfold with over 600 new posts and all, don't feel like reading through all that, can someone give me a summary about what caused this thread to blow up in these two days so quickly?

manuel. just read back

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

FIX94 got haxchi to load the homebrew launcher, ported it to more DS games, and people are hyped as fuck. That's your TL;DR

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FIX94 got haxchi to load the homebrew launcher, ported it to more DS games, and people are hyped as fuck. That's your TL;DR
Is there a list of some kind to see which games it has been ported to?
In any case thank you!

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To be fair, the short tutorial in OP is pretty much what we do, the only difference it the path being different depending of the game. Other than that, it's just a matter of injecting the rom.zip with wupclient.py
I was thinking about that too. Is there really nothing else that I must do beforehand?

VinsCool

OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a list of some kind to see which games it has been ported to?
In any case thank you!

Brain Age, Yoshi's Island Ds, Kirby Squeak Squad and Wario Ware Touched for now.
I was thinking about that too. Is there really nothing else that I must do beforehand?
You must run fix94's fw.img in order to boot in wupserver mode. Once you did, you can inject the rom with wupclient.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just pushed up some more changes to haxchi.
-fixed screen corruption when loading homebrew launcher by properly clearing the screen
-modified IOSU exploit to load from high MEM1 to not run into existing memory and crash
-updated homebrew launcher loader to follow dimoks latest commit and be ready for 1.4 .rpx loading

Also I already have a plan for selecting what to launch by holding buttons on boot and a custom config file, but this for now gives it all some more stability and faster loading times which is good.

franuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
-fixed screen corruption when loading homebrew launcher by properly clearing the screen
-modified IOSU exploit to load from high MEM1 to not run into existing memory and crash
-updated homebrew launcher loader to follow dimoks latest commit and be ready for 1.4 .rpx loading

Also I already have a plan for selecting what to launch by holding buttons on boot and a custom config file, but this for now gives it all some more stability and faster loading times which is good.
do you fix Brain Age version USA any language? only work in english

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brain Age, Yoshi's Island Ds, Kirby Squeak Squad and Wario Ware Touched for now.

You must run fix94's fw.img in order to boot in wupserver mode. Once you did, you can inject the rom with wupclient.

Will there be an updated tutorial or will we need to wait a day or so for one? I think Fix94 said something was in the works? What I want to know is once we install HBL to SysNAND, do we need to run CFW every time?

joacosur15

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Thanks you for your work! Maybe you (or dimok in HBL) can add a check to launch mimaker insead of HBL if it are running, so we can re-launch HBL from the haxchi.

VinsCool

OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Will there be an updated tutorial or will we need to wait a day or so for one? I think Fix94 said something was in the works? What I want to know is once we install HBL to SysNAND, do we need to run CFW every time?
There will be a tutorial, eventually. Actually, I might rework op later today, for better instructions. But like FIX94 said, it's better to wait if you are unsure of the procedure, or if you can't get it to work, for any reason.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

You ARE the MASTER!!!
Thanks for all of your hard work :yay:

Reactions: KiiWii

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will be a tutorial, eventually. Actually, I might rework op later today, for better instructions. But like FIX94 said, it's better to wait if you are unsure of the procedure, or if you can't get it to work, for any reason.

And the second question, once we get HBL installed, will we have to run anything to get it to run beforehand? Okay ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    from the perspective that the original audience that saw it as kids are now grown adults
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I heard the original comic books were as dark as that
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's called the last ronin
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. The outlet notes that this new iteration is being written by “Tyler Burton Smith, who co-wrote the upcoming R-rated action movie Boy Kills World and who wrote the 2019 iteration of Chucky horror franchise Child’s Play.”
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I grew up with the 2012 show
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so yeah, they're will be lots of kills
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so kinda like how they went r rated in the Loan movie for wolverine
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and remember that time when someone had the idea to make scooby doo r rated?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    where shaggy is a stoner and a pothead?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    that's a true story
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, the first scooby doo live action film?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's cancelled and not in the works anymore
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they kinda implied it, and joked about it in the cartoon attorney harvey birdman
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    im gonna binge watch metalocalypse, any tips?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty yeah in th elive action Shaggy meets a girl that introduces herself as "Mary jane" shaggy responds "thats my favorite name"
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    damn
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    the james gunn scooby doo is wild
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, it also had several deleted scenes
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i wish someone could remake it or leak the footage
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it would be the best discovery known to mankind
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i will be eating dinner at 5:00pm
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty were the deleted scenes significant?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so im just killing some time
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what were they about?
    S @ salazarcosplay: what were they about?