Hacking Conspiracy Theory: Gateway team is a secret division of Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Gateway works, just not on some of the bigger name games.

Like mentioned before, if Gateway were to be this Nintendo, then they would have been SUPPORTING piracy, since like almost every game worked up until N found out about it.

LegendaryFighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It would actually kind of be cool if this were the case, as fucked up as it is to say. And believe me I do feel bad for all of you that have been bricked, and I don't trust Gateway at all after all of this. But, what if Nintendo created an off the records secret team to create a flash cart before the pirates do. Nintendo could see that 3DS hacking was moving along and it was only a matter of time before someone legitimately did what Gateway did. Seeing how much their DS and Wii suffered from flashcarts and softmodding, Nintendo decided to get offensive against the pirates instead of always having to be on the defense. By being the first card on the Market, Nintendo could release the Gateway to all the pirates and make it seem totally legit by letting it all run smoothly for many months. Then, once the clones came, it felt like the time to start attacking. Now, we don't know if every gateway cart will cause a brick now or at some point in the future, but you can't even use it or any other cart (At least right now) without feeling doubt and extreme caution. Effectively stopping many who own Gateway from even using Gateway. In other words, if this were some elaborate plan from Nintendo, it could effectively have turned some pirates back to legit copy users only. For how ridiculous the idea is, it really wouldn't be the worst idea to fight piracy on your systems, so long as it could never actually be traced back to Nintendo.

Take my like! I have been thinking the exact same thing; Sure, their reputation could suffer if anyone ever notices, that they did all this, but with some "friends" in China, they should be able to hide this connection. We'll probably never know who is behind the GW-Team, your theory is indeed a nice theory.

The Gateway works, just not on some of the bigger name games.

Like mentioned before, if Gateway were to be this Nintendo, then they would have been SUPPORTING piracy, since like almost every game worked up until N found out about it.

Part of their plan ;)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, the Gateway team members are nothing anti-competitive butthurt script-kiddies who hate to have their fun ruined, so they sabotage legit GW and clone users alike. Think of it like the kid who threw a tantrum in his room when his favorite toy was taken away.

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, the Gateway team members are nothing anti-competitive butthurt script-kiddies who hate to have their fun ruined, so they sabotage legit GW and clone users alike. Think of it like the kid who threw a tantrum in his room when his favorite toy was taken away. So what does he do? Throws objects, breaks windows, etc until he gets his way. Gateway summed up. Draconian anti-competitive measures are for sore losers.

I think we all understand what the real situation is. But its fun to joke around and say things like Nintendo is behind it all haha. I mean its just fun to think about stuff like that. No its not happening, but it would be an elaborate and effective plan if it actually were.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we all understand what the real situation is. But its fun to joke around and say things like Nintendo is behind it all haha. I mean its just fun to think about stuff like that. No its not happening, but it would be an elaborate and effective plan if it actually were.

It's be one helluva stunt for them to pull for sure.

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Conspiracy Theory:

Someone in the gateway team farted so hard and so loud in the room, he was instantly identified as a Chinese Mafia member, therefore they felt the need to protect their hard work from those bad guys.

Reactions: Huntereb

Breadwin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would actually kind of be cool if this were the case, as fucked up as it is to say. And believe me I do feel bad for all of you that have been bricked, and I don't trust Gateway at all after all of this. But, what if Nintendo created an off the records secret team to create a flash cart before the pirates do. Nintendo could see that 3DS hacking was moving along and it was only a matter of time before someone legitimately did what Gateway did. Seeing how much their DS and Wii suffered from flashcarts and softmodding, Nintendo decided to get offensive against the pirates instead of always having to be on the defense. By being the first card on the Market, Nintendo could release the Gateway to all the pirates and make it seem totally legit by letting it all run smoothly for many months. Then, once the clones came, it felt like the time to start attacking. Now, we don't know if every gateway cart will cause a brick now or at some point in the future, but you can't even use it or any other cart (At least right now) without feeling doubt and extreme caution. Effectively stopping many who own Gateway from even using Gateway. In other words, if this were some elaborate plan from Nintendo, it could effectively have turned some pirates back to legit copy users only. For how ridiculous the idea is, it really wouldn't be the worst idea to fight piracy on your systems, so long as it could never actually be traced back to Nintendo.

You Sir are imbecile

Reactions: kyogre123

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've wondered in the past whether certain companies have allowed their consoles to be hacked. It does wonders for sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes that's why yours won't leave me alone