BeautfalHorsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
See my previous thread (582930) for some history (that worked out smoothly):

For some reason, the game crashes when starting a new game from the main menu, while I have a reliable source telling me it used to work on development machines.
The .pkg is not corrupted as I run integrity checks and corrupted pkgs don't start anyway.

I've been thinking of a lot of solutions and why it would crash on a release console, but of course it's hard to come down to a conclusion without trying a bunch of random things and excluding possibilities.
So I was wondering:
-Does the PS4 save any human readable log when a game crashes? Note that the PS4 UI doesn't send any messages, the game just hangs while showing the last frame and you have to manually close it.
-Is it possible to retrieve the crash dump?
-If I was able to find an SDK, would I be able to connect to the Jailbroken PS4 and debug it?
-Anything else you could think of why it would do this?

BeautfalHorsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Run Mira and connect putty to the port for klogging.

I use this method to send crash logs to developers I test apps for. Works a great.
So no SDK needed for that I guess. I will try, but I doubt I could fix it unless I manage to edit the machine code.
What is that log going to provide? Just the call stack?

Also, do you know what "log.bin" in the "Data" folder is? It's not text, it's binary, but I'm not sure of what.

Last edited by BeautfalHorsa,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So no SDK needed for that I guess. I will try, but I doubt I could fix it unless I manage to edit the machine code.
What is that log going to provide? Just the call stack?

Also, do you know what "log.bin" in the "Data" folder is? It's not text, it's binary, but I'm not sure of what.
Mira klogging shows everything, including buttons pressed and utilities called. For example:

89EC5FDB-F635-4AFB-A239-8007B39B2E20.png

I know that xDPx has managed to connect his PlayStation to debugger, so that might become public soon.

As for the bin, idk what that is, never looked, sorry :)

BeautfalHorsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Is this all I need to do after running the debug payload?
debug.jpg

It doesn't seem to show any logs nor to confirm connection. I'm on the same local network as of my PS4 and I've unplugged the actual internet cable from the router. But I am sure that I have the right PS4 ip address and I've managed to send payloads to it from my phone.

I've also tried running https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps4debug-playstation-4-debugger-updates-by-g991-golden.5871/ but the "Debug Watch" exe doesn't seem to start and there is no source code that sadly. I hope I can use Visual Studio but I don't think I've managed to connect from the PC yet, given that putty is showing no logs.

Last edited by BeautfalHorsa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: would you rather have unlimited bacon but no games, or games, unlimited games, but no more games?