OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Terribly sorry about that one. oggzee is partially to blame. He knows why
tongue.gif
. I reloaded a working version.

TeenTin said:
console_coords_x for layout ultimate 2 is wrong.

Thanks.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v41 beta2 version is out!

download here

Changes:
  • Fixed multiple bugs in 16:9 transfer code (both directions)
  • Corrected cover sizing again
  • Changed cursor to crosshair over image for easier pixel picking
Please Note:
The default values for the new options are still not correct. This will be fixed when the final format is decided.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Little bug (or maybe just for me):

Click anywhere in the Mario picture and the program crashes.

Otherwise, awesome work!

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:

Otherwise, awesome work!
Strange. It's meant to open up a browser window to send you to the tutorial. Does the same thing happen when you click the link under the instructions? In any case, I'll throw some error handling in to ensure it doesn't crash.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
zektor said:

Otherwise, awesome work!
Strange. It's meant to open up a browser window to send you to the tutorial. Does the same thing happen when you click the link under the instructions? In any case, I'll throw some error handling in to ensure it doesn't crash.

Yes it crashes there too. I am positive it is because Opera is my default browser. I have another program that does something similar when a link is clicked from within it.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
Yes it crashes there too. I am positive it is because Opera is my default browser. I have another program that does something similar when a link is clicked from within it.
OK, well I'll just put some error handling around them. Thanks for the info.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm about to release the v41 full version of the Configurator and just want to check if there are any quick problems people are having before I do. Anyone?

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v41 full version is out!

download here

Changes:
  • Fixed menu_plus and cursor options to allow # characters when reading.
  • unlock_password option now only accepts valid characters. It also automatically converts – and + to their proper values and you can even use the arrow keys to enter D-Pad keystrokes.
  • Console wizard now writes back to the console_transparent option.
  • Added better feedback when errors are found while reading files.
  • Removed crash when using unsupported browsers and clicking links.
  • Several minor bugs eliminated.
Please let me know of any new problems.

bnm81002 said:
is there a tutorial on how to use this? I am lost trying to figure it out?
Find out about config.txt and theme.txt by reading my tutorial page or looking at README-CFG.txt (included with every full release of Configurable). Configurator is pretty straight forward with the instructions at the top left. Basically, just load your input files, change whatever options you want and then save them back. Each option has a check box, name and a choice of values in that order. If the check box is checked, the option will be saved with the specified value to the appropriate files when you use the buttons down below. If you uncheck a box, it will return to its default value and will not be written out. If you don't know what an option does, hover the mouse over it for 2 seconds and a tooltip will show up to tell you its meaning. Most of the possible values for the options also have tooltips that indicate what it means to select that value.

The console wizards allow you to see a mock-up of the menu view to see what your screen will look like. It also allows you to change the colour, size and coordinate options and copy those values back to the main window when you are done. You can get additional instructions for it via the "Instructions" button.

Does that clear everything up?

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've added an extra feature to the upload for v41. Not changing the link though. Here's the feature:
  • Added resizing and moving to the cover and console boxes via the mouse.
Enjoy! Especially you, milcoi
wink.gif

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Getting better and better! Since you already have support for theme loading and background loading you could as well pre-load the background images automatically in the wizard if they exist in the theme dir
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Getting better and better! Since you already have support for theme loading and background loading you could as well pre-load the background images automatically in the wizard if they exist in the theme dir
smile.gif
Will do.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
@Dr. Clipper: I like the configurator! But I have some wishes:[*] After loading a image close the file. At the moment the image file is locked and can't be modified.[*] Auto load the images in the design wizards.[*] Add a new button in the design wizards: "reload all images"
Wiimm

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wiimm said:
@Dr. Clipper: I like the configurator! But I have some wishes:[*] After loading a image close the file. At the moment the image file is locked and can't be modified.[*] Auto load the images in the design wizards.[*] Add a new button in the design wizards: "reload all images"Wiimm
1. I'll try. That might take a little work to figure out how to do it, though.
2. Well, I already said I'd do that in the previous post.
3. Not sure I want to do this. I'm short on real estate for new buttons and most of the time you'll only need to reload one of them, which is easily done in two clicks at the moment.

And to anyone who isn't reading the themes thread, please check my last two posts over there. I'd like to know if overlay generation is a wanted feature or not.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v41v2 is out

download here

Changes:
  • Autoloads background and overlay images from the same directory that theme.txt was read from or where config.txt was read from if theme.txt wasn't read.
  • Images in the wizard are buffered in memory so the chosen image file/s are no longer locked.
  • Layout default values were changed again and I did a double check on every single value to check they were all correct this time.
  • Now on .NET framework 2.0. Future releases may alternate between 1.1 and 2.0 depending on where I do the development.
The autoloading of images won't work if you are using fixed paths (using sd:). I'll also make them use the last saved directory as well as the last open directory in the next version (just thought of that).

As always, if there are any bugs, please let me know.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
the link to v2 doesnt seem to be working

Thanks, it's fixed now. I accidentally missed out a "v" in the filename I uploaded. I really need to come up with a better subversioning system
tongue.gif

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v41v3 of Configurator is out

download here

Changes:
  • All new overlay wizard for creation of overlay images!
The overlay wizard allows you to turn any desktop image into a theme for Configurable in only a few minutes. The tool will resize your background image to the size Configurable needs and then lets you change the colours and move overlay elements to match your theme and save straight to an overlay file. Here's a look at the new wizard interface:

olwiz.png

Simple instructions are available via the Instructions button, but I hope most of it is intuitive. If you have questions, ask away.

As always, if there are any bugs, please let me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...