TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dr. Clipper said:
TeenTin said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Thanks. Bug is fixed. I couldn't be bothered to change the version number, so just re-download via the same link.

I found that in the layout "ultimate2", the console_coords_y should be 30 (or 31) instead of 37. Would you please check ?

Thanks a lot !
How do you find these things?
blink.gif

I've fixed it, but it's such a small thing that I'll wait for the next release (probably to coincide with v41 of the Loader).

I found it because I am using the ultimate2 layout and I love your software.
rolleyes.gif

P.S. This "small thing" is big to me.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
rolleyes.gif

It's too late for me to update again now as I've already moved a few options around in preparation for v41. Here's a workaround for now: check the console_color box and then choose ultimate1. It's equivalent to ultimate2 then.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dr. Clipper said:
milcoi said:
Thanks, but I think I'll leave it as is for now. Adding further ways to adjust the box will just add more bugs. The current method allows you to accurately select your points and then perform fine adjustments via the up/down arrows, which seems to be enough.

true... It's amazing how fast you made this with just a few bugs.
Thanks !

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dr. Clipper said:
TeenTin said:
rolleyes.gif

It's too late for me to update again now as I've already moved a few options around in preparation for v41. Here's a workaround for now: check the console_color box and then choose ultimate1. It's equivalent to ultimate2 then.

Hope to see the new release soon.
rolleyes.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
mmm your configurator doesnt seem to be saving the theme.txt properly for me,

1. i open up a theme.txt i want to edit.
2. make the changes then hit " Generate theme.txt...." and save.
3. reopen the previously saved theme.txt and no changes have been made..

doesnt anyone else have this problem or am i doing something wrong?

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
mmm your configurator doesnt seem to be saving the theme.txt properly for me,

1. i open up a theme.txt i want to edit.
2. make the changes then hit " Generate theme.txt...." and save.
3. reopen the previously saved theme.txt and no changes have been made..

doesnt anyone else have this problem or am i doing something wrong?
When you saved the file, did it ask you whether you wanted to overwrite the previous one? Perhaps you saved it to a different directory to the place where you opened it.

Edit: And a heads up to everyone: Configurator for v41 is ready to go as soon as Oggzee tells me the final format and default values of the new options. Tooltips are in. The console wizard also now handles reading the values from the widescreen values instead of the standard ones too, and supports the stretch/crop and overlay images of v41.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
same directory, i even moved the original and tried to save a new one but still didnt work it just saved as the original one that was opened as if it was never edited......
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

edit

forgot to mention im only testing your app and not trying the actual theme.txt in the loader, it might be a bug in the app but u save the chabges to a theme.the open a different theme.txt for say waninkoko theme, set the background and the console window and cover position are correct, then reopen the theme.txt that was edited, my case this theme

68496368.th.png

load the background and the console window and cover position are all over not the it was saved

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
fixed it, i coppied the theme.txt from the sd card to my documents opened it from there and done the edits, saved it reopened it and presto it worked, dont no why cause the sd isnt write protected or anything??????????

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
fixed it, i coppied the theme.txt from the sd card to my documents opened it from there and done the edits, saved it reopened it and presto it worked, dont no why cause the sd isnt write protected or anything??????????
So it can't save to an SD card-based drive? I'll have to test this later (don't have an SD card reader on me right now). However, I don't think there's much I can do to fix it if that's the case.

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really, really nice! To bad I spent so much time making templates, rulers and overlays that are crap compared to what you've put together.

I've found a few bugs that can wait for now, as they might be fixed in the v41 release. For example, when you have:
console_transparent = 1
console_color = 0 (background)
color_selected_bg = 0
The selected background should be transparent, but isn't.
Also some of the coordinates a little bit off visually (I haven't tested to see if it's just in the Configurator and not passed to the loader. Hopefully you'll support 800x480 & 854x480 images without cropping in the future.

Again, great work and thanks!

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
charroux said:
This is really, really nice! To bad I spent so much time making templates, rulers and overlays that are crap compared to what you've put together.

I've found a few bugs that can wait for now, as they might be fixed in the v41 release. For example, when you have:
console_transparent = 1
color_selected_bg = 0
Also some of the coordinates a little bit off visually (I haven't tested to see if it's just in the Configurator and not passed to the loader. Hopefully you'll support 800x480 & 854x480 images without cropping in the future.

Did you read the instructions? If you want it to be transparent, just don't click the "draw console" button
smile.gif
. That button is your transparent flag. The tool tip for that button does warn you of that now.

The sizes I was using were a little wrong in the currently released version (they drew one too few pixels), but I'm pretty sure I got it right in the v41 version.

And yes, the new auto-sized images are supported in the new version. It will still display the image in 640x480 resolution, so it will appear squashed, but that is necessary for selecting coordinates.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so I'm too impatient to sit on this any longer:

v41 beta version is out!

download here

Changes:
  • Support for the new image format of v41.
  • Fixed several bugs
  • Changed size calculation which was off by a pixel. The bottom-right corner now actually points to the bottom right pixel of the console/cover rather than the pixel beyond the corner.
  • Added 4:3/16:9 switch to console wizard and a button to initialize from the widescreen settings rather than the standard ones.
  • Tooltips added to every option
Please Note:
The default values for the new options are probably not correct.

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
charroux said:

console_transparent = 1
color_selected_bg = 0

Did you read the instructions? If you want it to be transparent, just don't click the "draw console" button
smile.gif
. That button is your transparent flag. The tool tip for that button does warn you of that now.
Did you read the post? I want it to be transparent, and didn't click the "draw console" button
smile.gif
. That button doesn't affect your color_selected_bg transparency. The tooltip for that button does not warn you of that. It's still a bug in v41 beta.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
charroux said:
Did you read the post? I want it to be transparent, and didn't click the "draw console" button
smile.gif
. That button doesn't affect your color_selected_bg transparency. The tooltip for that button does not warn you of that. It's still a bug in v41 beta.
Oops. Now I see what you are saying. Is that really how it works in the Loader? I never knew that! I need to test it out myself or confirm with oggzee that that is the way it works, as that functionality is not described in README-CFG.txt as far as I can tell.

Edit: OK, oggzee doesn't remember doing that, and I just went into the source of v32 and I couldn't find this there either. The selected background bar will always be displayed, no matter what. console_transparent only changes the background color, not the selected_bg. If you can make it work differently (on a background which is not black of course), please take a screenshot and post it (I'm not near a Wii right now to check for myself).

Edit 2: OK, oggzee did find the code in question (I skipped over it for other reasons). I'll fix the bug for the next release then.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I don't remember exactly and I can't check at the moment, but I think it works like this:
If this selection bar background is same as console background it will be transparent. You can still have a black bar background but then you need to change the console background to some other color, doesn't matter which, it won't be visible anyway.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
charroux said:
smile.gif
OK, this is fixed. Same download link, so you may need to clear your cache first. I added console_transparent to the wizard window and added the checks to see if the two background colours were the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO