Hacking Configurable USB Loader

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I use this loader for Newer Super Mario Bros Wii, it start pop up error message before I click Start the game. Any idea why it is not working for Newer Super Mario Bros Wii?

9bit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: does there exist a Homebrew Channel app that can load a specific CFG game?

I know there are forwarders that you can get that let you load a specific game from the Wii Menu, but I use BootMii straight to the Homebrew Channel. So normally what I do to load the game is:
  • Power on -> BootMii to Homebrew Channel -> Select CFG -> Pick the game -> Hit start game

I'd like to be able to:
  • Power on -> BootMii to Homebrew Channel -> choose an app that just boots the game straight away, without having to go into CFG and select it and then hit start

I mean it's not a big deal, it's only a few extra steps. I was just wondering if there was a Homebrew app that did that.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
There's something called Crap that makes Wii channels that do just that, tell CFG (or some other loader) to autostart a game. I'm sure that once making one you could extract the DOL from it.

If not, I think if you set the 6-digit GameID of the game as an argument in the meta.xml file (or at least I think that's how the Crap channels do it) CFG should autoload the game. You should be able to make just a bunch of copies of your "usbloader" or "usbloader_cfg" folder (whichever you use) in your "apps" folder and have each one have a different GameID in their meta.xml file
to add an argument to the meta.xml you'd have to add something like this somewhere in the meta.xml file (just replacing "GameID' with the real GameID of the game desired.) :
Code:
<arguments>
<arg>GameID</arg>
</arguments>

Another option, if you had all the Crap channels installed on your system menu, you could make a Channel forwarder DOL for each one with ModMii and put THOSE in HBC

OR, if you didn't have any other need to go to HBC other than the games (which I assume's not the case) and already had the official CFG Loader Forwarder channel ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/official-cfg-loader-forwarder.275487/ ) installed to your system menu, you could always use a BootMii forwarder ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/bootmii-channel-forwarders.356995/ ) to run CFG directly on startup. Or use the priiloader compatible forwarder DOL from the forwarder channel thread for the same effect.

Reactions: 9bit

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
CFG loader update will not happen either, no more active coders, so it seems not a bad idea to maybe try?

Thats really sad to hear... I can't stand using WiiFlow, and USBLoader GX sucked in the feature department... which is why I switched to CFG in the first place. :p1ng:

9bit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If not, I think if you set the 6-digit GameID of the game as an argument in the meta.xml file (or at least I think that's how the Crap channels do it) CFG should autoload the game. You should be able to make just a bunch of copies of your "usbloader" or "usbloader_cfg" folder (whichever you use) in your "apps" folder and have each one have a different GameID in their meta.xml file
to add an argument to the meta.xml you'd have to add something like this somewhere in the meta.xml file (just replacing "GameID' with the real GameID of the game desired.) :
Code:
<arguments>
<arg>GameID</arg>
</arguments>
Thanks a lot man, this worked perfectly!

Reactions: Maxternal

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a "maybe" bug: after 4.x system update some games produce black screen when started using default configuration (ex. Wii Fit/Wii Fit Plus); the solution is to set the "Video" option to "Game Default" (and not "System Def.") and they will start correctly. I notice that only in 4.0.2. In Wiiflow there is not that kind of problematic.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what base and cIOS version are you using?
IOS slot is really not important..
Before start loading screen for select ios and sd card/ USB, I see 70V and 248. My Wii version is 4.3U. I will send you PM for list of ios that I installed and stuff.
I'll post my IOS settings here when my roommate gets off the tv...
Oh ok.

Graphiceye1821

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, with the downloaded covers in Configurable USB Loader, Is there any way to make HQ or RGB covers the default to see rather than Full?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo