Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
No luck. I've reinstalled all IOSes & cIOSes but still getting the same DSi error. Found Chinese "unofficial moderator lazy programming" mod v71beta31 & Wiiware titles are finally working.

But I can't figure out how to change save path of the Emu NAND from the root of HDD to the usb:/nand. Could anyone help me?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
When is CFG Loader ever getting official updates? I used to get a few updates a week, and now, nothing. Since the vWii is still being used by many, I thought this bad-ass loader would continue to prevail over the others. It's not as annoying to use as WiiFlow, or as featureless as USBLoader GX.

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Laineygirly, yes I do, author of the mod have contacted to me through PM & fixed this and some more in the beta 32. He haven't released this version yet & i'm not sure if it's ethic to upload this stuff by myself. Author is watching this thread & i'm sure he will answer by himself. If not, please, feel free to PM me for the latest build.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Someone tried CFG 7.1 beta 31?
The unofficial v71 beta 31 is the authors own branch of the program. It has almost none of the enhancements and bug fixes that have been added in the last 2 years. I have tried contacting the author about eather getting his source so I can merge the changes he made into the main branch or work with him to update his version with my changes. I have recieved no responce.

Zarcanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just poured through the first post again to make sure I am not out of line in asking for help on this. If I place any games into \wbfs they load correctly on an NTFS hard drive, but when I try to use FAT32 they do not show up, even if I keep the file architecture exactly the same.

Is there a solution keeping FAT32 and still being able to load .wfbs files? Thanks

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just poured through the first post again to make sure I am not out of line in asking for help on this. If I place any games into \wbfs they load correctly on an NTFS hard drive, but when I try to use FAT32 they do not show up, even if I keep the file architecture exactly the same.

Is there a solution keeping FAT32 and still being able to load .wfbs files? Thanks
Are these two partitions on one hard drive, two different hard drives, or are you reformatting and testing on the same hard drive?

Zarcanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reformatting and testing on the same drive. Even when adding the "fat_install_dir = 0" command in the config.txt it refuses to load .wfbs files from \.wfbs.

Also, thanks for the help!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Reformatting and testing on the same drive. Even when adding the "fat_install_dir = 0" command in the config.txt it refuses to load .wfbs files from \.wfbs.

Also, thanks for the help!

It should work. Try selecting the right partition from the device menu.
Note: it's wbfs not wfbs as you have written.
Maybe use a tool like wii backup manager to copy the files over, to be sure they are in the right format...

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Just made few changes to be compatible with the latest Nintendont r83+
(as well as older versions).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ybj6zr (source patches are included)

Can you please update CFG loader too (Nintendont support v83+) and make nand path configurable in config.txt
the official branch supports "nand_emu_path=usb:/nands/pln2o" line in the config.txt while yours only has a static path to "nand" folder
Keep'em coming and thanks for the share
Freasco

remaxx

7/11 was an inside job.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that it's possible to make CFG loader boot straight to a game by putting the game's ID in the meta.xml file in the same folder as boot.dol, but is there a way to do it without using meta.xml? I would like to use priiloader to boot my wii straight to CFG Loader and when I do that it skips the meta.xml file, making it also skip the instructions to auto boot to a game.

El Nale

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK, so I have read from page 800 and something and I'm pretty sure I'm the first one to ask this (forgive me if I'm not), but how exactly do I install disk 2 of multi disk games for Gamecube? I keep getting Error = Ret-1 in 70r65, even though the changelog states it's been fixed. I have both GCN and Wii games installed and everything has been working fine until now. Any help?

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I have read from page 800 and something and I'm pretty sure I'm the first one to ask this (forgive me if I'm not), but how exactly do I install disk 2 of multi disk games for Gamecube? I keep getting Error = Ret-1 in 70r65, even though the changelog states it's been fixed. I have both GCN and Wii games installed and everything has been working fine until now. Any help?
You need to use clean-rip for multi disk games.

Laineygirly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you have the ISO's of both discs? If you are using DMToolbox when you convert the second disc it should automatically name it 'disc2' (if not re-name it yourself). Just put that converted/renamed ISO into the same folder (the folder named by the GAME ID) with the first disc ISO (the one named 'game') and it should work.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be working.
What drive are you installing to?
How is it formatted?
At what point are you getting the error?
What is the exact text of the error? "Error = Ret" dosent appearar anywhare in the code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: