charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Elfish said:
he didnt mean installing i think. he means that isos are streamed from a network storage instead of getting the data, while running the game, off a usb hdd.
Oh! Interesting idea, but while installing would be feasible to implement as it would only require changes to the loader, this on the other hand would be much harder to do as it would require major surgery of the IOS, which i doubt anyone is willing to do, I know i am not.
Besides while i don't think the speed would be usable.. someone could install .wbfs games to fat over network using ftpii. If someone has the time, go ahead and measure the speed of that over wifi and over lan adapter and report back....
I think a lot of games wouldn't work because of the delay,

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
installing/copy from pc to WII(usb) via Adapter is also very nice!
a build in FTP option or something that will allow to copy from pc to USB connect to WII.

(Thinking of the FTP... I think it's possible to setup an automatic FTP and USB/SD connection option while using the cfg loader.)
so USB and SD can be reached via FTP instantly while using the cfg loader

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Some things on it you can already do to some degree, but I hope others can be implemented soon too.

* GC / DVD / launcher (1)
* NAND emulation
I'd love to see these two things, and maybe..maybe

* Triiforce code implemented (1)
* Save Handling from the interface (it's a bit complicated, what why and how etc but it can be done)

(1) - This would make this a real all-in-one loader

Seriously though I can't complain about this loader at all, it seems to have a LOT of really good features and the rate of development is quite impressive.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Ah, I knew i should have posted the full faq section including this:
FAQ
[ ... snip ...]
The list is here just so we can tone down the number of repeated requests on the forum
We might or might not work on any of the listed items.
[/p]
Discussing any of the items listed in the FAQ will not have any influence on the decision what gets done or not.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
milcoi said:
ok... back to topic then. With the latest version I can see a difference in loading games. It's faster!
ty,
Milcoi
Thanks, that's what i was hoping to hear
wink.gif

hispanico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
...uhmm there is the way to play wii resort with this marvelous loader ? I ask it because i see only post regarding usb loader gx...

Thank
Hyspa

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
hispanico said:
...uhmm there is the way to play wii resort with this marvelous loader ? I ask it because i see only post regarding usb loader gx...

Thank
Hyspa

USB Loader CFG has the HIGHEST compatibility. If you find a game that cannot be played using this loader, you need not try any other loaders.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
hispanico said:

Thank
Hyspa
It works exactly the same way. Just play your original disk once or use the alternate .dol method to watch the intro movie for MotionPlus, then play the game without any special options after that. You probably don't see as many posts about it as people get it working without as much help in Cfg.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Besides while i don't think the speed would be usable.. someone could install .wbfs games to fat over network using ftpii. If someone has the time, go ahead and measure the speed of that over wifi and over lan adapter and report back....

I've tried installing wbfs files over wiiftp and it crashes.
I just figured the files were too big, but nothing id over 2GB because of the split that Oggzee has incorporated into wbfs_file.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Richard101 said:
could somebody help me i have a 8gb sd card that i have formated with the new wii backup manager so that it has a wbfs folder and can put files on the FAT partition of it so i put this usb loader on it ( config usb loader) and it wont show any of the games that i put onto my sd card can someone help me so that i can run games from my sd card and have the loader on the same sd card to be loaded from the hombrew channel if that makes sence.
Make sure you put "device=sd" or "device=ask" instead of "device=usb" into your config.txt. The config.txt in the main package comes with device pre-configured to usb. Also ensure you are not using one of the FAT versions of the loader.

Dr. Clipper, unless something changed and I missed I thought you couldn't run games off of and SD card.

That is what Ricarhd101 is trying to do.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Say I have an IOS in an unusual slot EG IOS 112 can I tell the loader when it loads a particular game to always use that IOS ? Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't see it anywhere.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Slimmmmmm said:
Say I have an IOS in an unusual slot EG IOS 112 can I tell the loader when it loads a particular game to always use that IOS ? Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't see it anywhere.
You can't out of the box, you would have to change and rebuild the loader.
Which ios type do you have installed there and why??

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:
Dr. Dlipper, unless something changed and I missed I though tyou couldn't run games off of and SD card.

That is what Ricarhd101 is trying to do.
Nothing's changed, you just misinterpreted the responses to the multiple people we've had trying to install games to FAT partitions on SD. You can run games off an SD card, but you must use IOS249 and you must use a card with a WBFS partition (which Richard101 said he has).

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to run everything from the USB drive and not need an SD card?

I have it working now but I thought I saw another thread where the guy mentions that HBC isn't necessary, and SD card isn't necessary if you have another partition(FAT) on the USB hard drive aside from the WBFS partition.

I thought I'd still need to install HBC and then install the forwarder so I can get the loader to show up as USB channel. Is this right ?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
drizzt007 said:
is it possible to run everything from the USB drive and not need an SD card?

I have it working now but I thought I saw another thread where the guy mentions that HBC isn't necessary, and SD card isn't necessary if you have another partition(FAT) on the USB hard drive aside from the WBFS partition.

I thought I'd still need to install HBC and then install the forwarder so I can get the loader to show up as USB channel. Is this right ?
There are multiple ways to do this.

First, HBC doesn't need an SD card. It can read FAT partitions just fine. Copy over your /apps and /usb-loader directories and it should work (if it doesn't your drive may not be compatible with this method).

An alternative is to use the Universal Forwarder (or the hybrid) channel from the first post. You will need to do the same copies of directories to the drive mentioned in the previous case, but Cfg must either be in "/apps/usbloader" or "/apps/usbloader_cfg". I might have those directories wrong, but they are listed in the release notes of the forwarder.

A third method is to use the .dol included with the Universal Forwarder package as an autoboot from Preloader. Again, you will need to copy the directories into the specified locations.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Another test version with more FAT optimizations:
cfg48t2-fat.dol

This one should be on par with wbfs partition. I have benchmark-ed linear and random throughput and it matches to results with a wbfs partition. Compared to v47 this one has about 10-20% faster linear and 5x-10x faster random access throughput.
Please test it and let me know how it works. If possible compare to wbfs with ios222 and/or compared to cfg v47.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.