Hacking Component cables not displaying

XenoPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend helped me hack my Wii a few months ago. The only app that is installed is Nintendon't. At this point the component cables were working.

I put in a disc copy of StarFox Adventure loaded it through the regular channel. When the game asked,"do you want to display the game in progressive scan" I selected yes and the screen become distorted. Now every time I turn on my Wii with component cables indistinguishable lines are displayed.

Fortunately when I plug in composite cables the Wii displays the image normally. Everything else works fine the games run and I can save.

Does anyone know what happened and how to fix it?

XenoPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out the problem last night thanks to this thread.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-won...ponent-on-any-crt-no-matter-what-i-do.354840/

I had my Wii hooked up to a CRT. What I think happened was when I selected, "run in progressive scan" Nintendon't forced the game into 480p which can't be displayed on most CRTs. When I connected it to my HDTV it displayed normally. This through me off since on vanilla Wiis when you want to display GCN games in progressive scan this does not happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-