ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

HibikiRush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't really contribute to this project, I just wanted to post to show my appreciation for what you are all doing. It seems like a ton of work from the translation to the actual hacking, so thank you so so much for taking on this project. I have not played yet as I am hoping to wait for a complete patch, but I am very thankful that you are translating this game which I've wanted to play for years.

noctislucis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
One question: i've gained many peculiar costumes for Manaka after kissed her 20 and 30 times, but how cai I see her with that on? Please answer me! ^^

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noctislucis said:
One question: i've gained many peculiar costumes for Manaka after kissed her 20 and 30 times, but how cai I see her with that on? Please answer me! ^^
I haven't gotten that far yet, but I've heard that you have to go to her room (through studying or something). Have you tried that?

juliodpina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
OceanBlue said:
Just as a reminder... keep in mind that you can't have slanted apostrophe or quotation marks. You can disable those by going into "Tools -> Preferences" and deselecting "Use Smart Quotes".
I was reading again these posts and I missed up this. Thanks, fixed already.
That is another useful hint to edit, you know?

noctislucis said:
QUOTE(OceanBlue @ Jul 5 2011, 04:56 PM) I haven't gotten that far yet, but I've heard that you have to go to her room (through studying or something). Have you tried that?

Mmm, not yet... thanks I'll try that ^^
Okay, I do played that far. If you successfully kiss her many times in a row in different oportunities (up to 100 kisses) you unlock customes that you can see, then

1. If you have done one session of refrain kiss, In the main screen in where you can see the gallery, enter and go back and by do so you will see her in another
dress, in a random matter, and one can be one of those you unlock.

2. In love plus mode, beat her in rock-papper-scissors game, she will change to one of those costumes you unlock. Also, it can happend that at the first enter of the day in love plus mode, you'll see her in that disguise.

I hope this help you out but remember, you can read more about in this web site.

See ya!

noctislucis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
juliodpina said:
OceanBlue said:
Just as a reminder... keep in mind that you can't have slanted apostrophe or quotation marks. You can disable those by going into "Tools -> Preferences" and deselecting "Use Smart Quotes".

noctislucis said:
QUOTE(OceanBlue @ Jul 5 2011, 04:56 PM) I haven't gotten that far yet, but I've heard that you have to go to her room (through studying or something). Have you tried that?

Mmm, not yet... thanks I'll try that ^^
Okay, I do played that far. If you successfully kiss her many times in a row in different oportunities (up to 100 kisses) you unlock customes that you can see, then

1. If you have done one session of refrain kiss, In the main screen in where you can see the gallery, enter and go back and by do so you will see her in another
dress, in a random matter, and one can be one of those you unlock.

2. In love plus mode, beat her in rock-papper-scissors game, she will change to one of those costumes you unlock. Also, it can happend that at the first enter of the day in love plus mode, you'll see her in that disguise.

I hope this help you out but remember, you can read more about in this web site.

See ya!

Thank you very much!!!

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit busy this week. I think I'll be able to check the scripts sometime this weekend. For now, please work on the part you can do first. Thanks you guys so much for helping.
wub.gif

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
juliodpina said:
Most of them are here:
https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/guidelines
That being said, I think I messed up some quotation punctuation before since I saw a string of scripts with similar punctuation, so I thought we were handling them differently. Now that I'm at 1-30, I'm seeing them done the way the guidelines mentioned, so I need to find them and change them. ;_;

Is it just me, or are some of the scripts in 1-30 similar to other scripts? I feel like I've seen similar Christmas and "My favorite animal" scripts before.

Rozenheim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OceanBlue said:
juliodpina said:
Most of them are here:
https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/guidelines
That being said, I think I messed up some quotation punctuation before since I saw a string of scripts with similar punctuation, so I thought we were handling them differently. Now that I'm at 1-30, I'm seeing them done the way the guidelines mentioned, so I need to find them and change them. ;_;

Is it just me, or are some of the scripts in 1-30 similar to other scripts? I feel like I've seen similar Christmas and "My favorite animal" scripts before.

Yeah, I noticed some scripts do resemble.

luminacent

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
jjjewel said:
a020.png

Current Patch: Patch v.0.6 with about 82% script translation. Anyway, it's still a partial translation patch. If you like to play a more complete one, you might consider waiting until later patches.

- We will announce later when the next patch will be ready. So, please wait and check back later.

Patch Downloads
Patching Instructions

About this game
Progress
Screen shots

Credits:
Some part of the translation and some programs used for this patch are from TLWiki Project.
So the credits go to the contributor there.
wub.gif

If you contribute anything, please add your name to TLWiki's credit. Thank you very much.
(I'll probably continue the project as part of TLWiki anyway. But I'll post more explanations of formats and stuff later.
So please don't add any translation there for now.)

Help Needed:
I put some of the scripts and some explanation for how to edit them online now.
If anyone has time, please give it a try.
(This part will need mostly English to English spelling/grammar/usage/etc checking.)
https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/home

Error report:
Please help report whether the patched game is playable or not and report any grammar/spelling errors.
Report 1: Game is playable or not
Report 2: Grammar/spelling errors
Thank you very much.
wub.gif

Mini-FAQs
1. Why do you translate Love Plus but not Love Plus+?
jjjewel said:
Love Plus Plus will have more issues to take care of. It has Anti-piracy and with 512 MB ROM, it only works on specific carts with specific firmware, etc. I don't want to deal with those issues. Currently, with Love Plus which doesn't have any AP or any issue, 50% of the players reported that they couldn't play/couldn't patch it. Also, there's been rumor that someone or some group is working on Love Plus Plus already.
(P.S. I personally can't confirm about the group working on LP+. It's been rumored for quite a while though.

2. Will this be a full translation?
QUOTE(jjjewel @ Jan 4 2011, 11:02 AM) For now, don't hope for a full translation yet. But at least the patch should make it easy for people who don't understand much Japanese. (The post-confession part has an option that you can chat with your girlfriend and you have to talk in Japanese. So at least you will need to learn some Japanese words anyway.)

NOTE: This patch is for LOVE PLUS not Love Plus +. It only works for LOVE PLUS.
(You need the LOVE PLUS rom with the size of 256 MB. Not Love Plus + which is 512 MB.)

I already have patched My loveplus rom before...then It changed to loveplus_patched.nds right? then I want to patch it with the newer version of english translation...but I don't know how to do that...can anybody tell me how to patch my loveplus rom that already being patched before?

Rozenheim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
luminacent said:
jjjewel said:
a020.png

Current Patch: Patch v.0.6 with about 82% script translation. Anyway, it's still a partial translation patch. If you like to play a more complete one, you might consider waiting until later patches.

- We will announce later when the next patch will be ready. So, please wait and check back later.

Patch Downloads
Patching Instructions

About this game
Progress
Screen shots

Credits:
Some part of the translation and some programs used for this patch are from TLWiki Project.
So the credits go to the contributor there.
wub.gif

If you contribute anything, please add your name to TLWiki's credit. Thank you very much.
(I'll probably continue the project as part of TLWiki anyway. But I'll post more explanations of formats and stuff later.
So please don't add any translation there for now.)

Help Needed:
I put some of the scripts and some explanation for how to edit them online now.
If anyone has time, please give it a try.
(This part will need mostly English to English spelling/grammar/usage/etc checking.)
https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/home

Error report:
Please help report whether the patched game is playable or not and report any grammar/spelling errors.
Report 1: Game is playable or not
Report 2: Grammar/spelling errors
Thank you very much.
wub.gif

Mini-FAQs
1. Why do you translate Love Plus but not Love Plus+?
jjjewel said:
Love Plus Plus will have more issues to take care of. It has Anti-piracy and with 512 MB ROM, it only works on specific carts with specific firmware, etc. I don't want to deal with those issues. Currently, with Love Plus which doesn't have any AP or any issue, 50% of the players reported that they couldn't play/couldn't patch it. Also, there's been rumor that someone or some group is working on Love Plus Plus already.
(P.S. I personally can't confirm about the group working on LP+. It's been rumored for quite a while though.

2. Will this be a full translation?
QUOTE(jjjewel @ Jan 4 2011, 11:02 AM) For now, don't hope for a full translation yet. But at least the patch should make it easy for people who don't understand much Japanese. (The post-confession part has an option that you can chat with your girlfriend and you have to talk in Japanese. So at least you will need to learn some Japanese words anyway.)

NOTE: This patch is for LOVE PLUS not Love Plus +. It only works for LOVE PLUS.
(You need the LOVE PLUS rom with the size of 256 MB. Not Love Plus + which is 512 MB.)

I already have patched My loveplus rom before...then It changed to loveplus_patched.nds right? then I want to patch it with the newer version of english translation...but I don't know how to do that...can anybody tell me how to patch my loveplus rom that already being patched before?

https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/troubleshooting

Here's your answer. Just so I summarize it, you have to re-use the clean rom and use the new patch to create another loveplus patched rom, but with a newer version.

Don't worry, your save date is fine, as it is a separate file from your rom file.

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rozenheim, I noticed that you were confused on why there are some "Yeah..." scattered in Manaka's scripts. The reason [and I'm glad you noted that you were confused, since it means that other people might not get it either] is that Manaka says "なんて [nante]" in her scripts. jjjewel can explain it better than I can, but as far as I know, it acts to soften or somewhat take back what she was saying before. If I remember correctly, we actually had a hard time deciding what it should be translated to.

We had a discussion on it a while ago. It's somewhere in the thread, if you're willing to look.

DC2000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was curious and looked in your google docs and randomly find a mistake> this document>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rzG57zY...en_US&pli=1
(the third speek)

?????????????????+------------------------+,What kind of girl were youwhen you were a kid?*------------------------*

Correctly it would be >Say, how was your childhood?< or >Say, when you was little how were you as a child?

Rozenheim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DC2000 said:
I was curious and looked in your google docs and randomly find a mistake> this document>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rzG57zY...en_US&pli=1
(the third speek)

?????????????????+------------------------+,What kind of girl were youwhen you were a kid?*------------------------*

Correctly it would be >Say, how was your childhood?< or >Say, when you was little how were you as a child?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the scripts, feel free to edit them as you see fit. However, remember to read the tutorial first. For example, the line you guys quote has as the first word in the sentence, and that MUST remain there. It will be automatically inserted, so we can't cut it out. The following sentence must be changed according to how you phrase it.
Ex. , say, what were you...
or . Say, what were you...
(Notice the punctuation and capitalization differences? Anyway, in short, if you have the name in < >, you must put it in the sentence.)

For the "nan-te" part (where we added "Yeah." or "I'm kidding."), the word itself doesn't really have meaning. We can cut it out if some sentences sound very weird. But since the girl says it, I feel like we should add something so the translation matches the actual speech.

DC2000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rozenheim said:
DC2000 said:
I was curious and looked in your google docs and randomly find a mistake> this document>> [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rzG57zY...en_US&pli=1]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rzG57zY...en_US&pli=1[/url]
(the third speek)

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
??^
^
It's not that nan-te. There are discussions on pages 18-19 of this thread if you'd like more info about this part.
biggrin.gif

Thank you very much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny