Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Czero90 said:
lol
2011-01-14_235759.jpg

Hahaha... Real LOL for me.

Rinko's scripts are tough ones. She got a lot of weird names and vocabs.

Got to one of her dreams when she was a kid. She even has her own language where she says words backward. I still have a headache thinking how I'm going to translate them.

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ranslatetay hemtay otay igpay atinlay.
laugh.gif

More seriously, though, you might want to just translate them backwards as well? [them = meht] Unless it's used for some pun. Then, good luck! For those, I usually see people either substituting words to get the idea of the pun across or changing the joke completely.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's backwards, you could try using a mirror on the screen? XD

That or taking a screenshot of it and flipping the image?

I believe it should probably be "Voruvavin", but the vin could sound like jin and bin.

Inori

Trophies
Website
gokusaishiki.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I translated it as "Volvabin" in TMGS2 because the Japanese given for it was "ボルバビン".

"Bolbabin" sounds a little idiotic, and I assumed that it was some kind of fictional TV show with a hero + robots since Onoda said "私はですね、主に戦隊ヒーローのテーマですね" (when asked what music she listens to), so I stuck with "Volvabin". (Don`t ask why I didn`t choose "Volvavin". This one escapes me)

In my opinion, Wallwajin would be "incorrect". For a starters, I believe that if it was a 'w' sound, it`d be written as ウォルウァウィン (i.e, no dakuten on ウ). The fact that both LP and TMGS2 have a dakuten when writing it would mean that it`s either a 'b' or 'v' sound. Also, there already is a 'ji' (ジ) sound, so there`d be no point having ヴィン as the ending if it really were "jin".

…だと思っております。

P.S: I`ll be sitting this one out, jjjewel, but I wish you the best of luck.

Just a little note from me

In relation to the concept screenshots, I know you`re still trying to get things under control, but "Then you must wake up properly" sounds a little unnatural in English. I`m guessing the word ちゃんと appeared. I would put it as something as "You have to make sure you wake up on time" (depending on context)

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^
^
Thanks so much Inori.
wub.gif
Long time no see.
biggrin.gif

Haha, the scripts will need lots of editing. That I'll leave it to others because I'm pretty bad at it.
happy.gif

(To the players as well. If you find anything that looks odd, please submit the corrections if you can. Otherwise, you'll have to bear with bad English in the game.
tongue.gif
)

By the way, FYI, when you come across "Hapikamu Rinko" in GS3, it's referenced to Love Plus. (I still don't know what I'm gonna do with Hapikamu part. The full name is Lucky Magical Girl Hapikamu Rinko or something like this in Love Plus.)

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
So I know that in Japanese it's backwards, but the Last Name and First Name fields in the profile creation screen should be reversed... or just swap the two images.
There will be one session after you got a confession and the girl will ask you if she can call you by your first name instead of last name. If we swap the names on the naming part at the beginning, the scripts will need to be changed to whether she can call you by last name instead of first name. (Which is weird that you will be called by last name when you get closer to her.)
Anyway, will keep that in mind as a suggestion then. If we find out that it can be done, we might try to change it later. For now, please use Last Name - First name system.
biggrin.gif

Thank you for you suggestion.
happy.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jjjewel said:
Skyline969 said:
So I know that in Japanese it's backwards, but the Last Name and First Name fields in the profile creation screen should be reversed... or just swap the two images.
There will be one session after you got a confession and the girl will ask you if she can call you by your first name instead of last name. If we swap the names on the naming part at the beginning, the scripts will need to be changed to whether she can call you by last name instead of first name. (Which is weird that you will be called by last name when you get closer to her.)
Anyway, will keep that in mind as a suggestion then. If we find out that it can be done, we might try to change it later. For now, please use Last Name - First name system.
biggrin.gif

Thank you for you suggestion.
happy.gif
Ah, didn't know this. However, it could still work - in Western culture it's normal for someone to be called by their first name, and some people are called by their last name as a term of endearment... at least where I'm from. So far the translation's been solid, save for the random errant character (a ')' instead of a ! in one case that I don't remember). I haven't played it a lot so far, but so far so good. Keep it up.

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
jjjewel said:
Ahem... Please try to stay on topic.
(I mean this thread is mainly about Rom hacking...)

-----------------------------

A bit more on graphics:

I researched a bit on some packing option (to put the graphic files together so we can view them in CT2) and found that narctool might be our choice.

Here's the procedure.

- Download narctool
http://members.cox.net/dexter0/DSTools/narctool.shtml
- Put all the decompressed files in one folder
- Put narctool.exe one level above the decompressed file folder
- Make batch file to run narctool
(Ex. narctool.exe p NewFolder newFolder.narc)
Or you can use command line for this too, I guess.
- Run batch file and you should get a .narc file
- Open .narc file in CrystalTile2.
- Now you will see which ones are the palettes, the picture, tile, etc.
- Try right-click them to see what you can get.
(Mostly, for RGCN you can "Retrieve tile address", for RCLN you get "Palette Load" and for RCSN you get "Map Address Load".)

This trick might be useful for other projects with a lot of individual graphic files too.

000211.png

@Czero90, you might try it out. Now I can view pictures that come with RCSN properly. (But for some RGCNs, you might still want to adjust the tile's width and height to get the correct picture.)
Weird, it doesnt work for me at all.
frown.gif

2011-01-16_133808.jpg

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
2011-01-16_152415.jpg

GOT IT! Apparently I have to use the latest CrystalTile2, which I hate until I discovered to hotkey for adjusting Width/Height (Alt + Arrow Key).

Makes my life easier. Ahaha.

I'm fired up now.
laugh.gif
Thanks jjjewel. I'll have some good news for you this very week.
biggrin.gif

creep01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
basher11 said:
why not love plus plus?
frown.gif

it's a lot better
smile.gif

can i help with the emails?

Well, They've been working on this TEST patch for something like 3 years now, so please be patient
smile.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Czero90, cool.
biggrin.gif
I'll be waiting.
wub.gif
Actually I used and older version than your current one and it still worked. But I think the version you used before was a bit older than mine.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
----------------------------------

By the way, everyone helping with the project, please add your name(s) to the Staff list on TLWiki if you'd like to. Since we are continuing from there, that's where the credits go.
http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?title=Love_Plus#Staff

And, please do not PM me asking me to make you an official of the project. This is an Open project, which means anyone and everyone can join. And if you want to join, you should join because you want to contribute something and that you think you will have fun doing so. If you think you want to join because of other reasons, you might want to consider joining other projects or start your own project then.

(It's internet, man. You are just a "name". Stop thinking too much about your "name" and start enjoying things you enjoy to do. Life is much easier this way. Just my humble opinion though.
wink.gif
)

Edit: The message above was because someone PM me and offered some big helps so that the project will be better and will gain reputation in a hacking world. So I think I'd better clarify my intention here.

I hope we all are doing this because we want to play the game in English. It's an open translation and it might not come out as a perfect game translation but it came out of everyone's contribution. If the players are not satisfied with the quality, they are free to help contribute better translations and can become part of the project. That's what open translation project is for. This way, those who help can also learn a few things or two. And in the future, they might be able to start their own projects too. You will then have more games to play without having to do everything on your own.

Ah, long post.
tongue.gif

Edit2: Cleared some misunderstandings with this person. But still keep the message for others who might have some other reasons for joining.
happy.gif

------------------

Oops, sorry to Czero90, I didn't mean to share my ranting in the same post that I replied to you.
So I think I'd better put this in a separate post.

And for the one who PM'ed me, I hope you get some better idea what we are doing.
happy.gif
(It's not like I don't need your help. But you might not enjoy it if our aims are too different.)

And for those who don't really care what's going on and just want to know when you're gonna get a next patch (
laugh.gif
), it will take a while but we should be able to get most of Manaka's conversations and most of the choices translated.

HarukaKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so happy this got translated!
yaynds.gif
I'm waiting to get a flash cart, so in the meantime I got the patch to run on the DesMuME emulator.
smile.gif
the only strange thing is that when I'm talking to someone there's only a black background. I don't think DesMuME runs background images properly.

While I don't know anything about hacking or Japanese, I'm very particular about spelling and grammar, so I'll report anything incorrect or awkward sounding that I find. I apologize ahead of time if I sound like I'm nitpicking. o_o'

Czero90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
HarukaKat said:
yaynds.gif
I'm waiting to get a flash cart, so in the meantime I got the patch to run on the DesMuME emulator.
smile.gif
the only strange thing is that when I'm talking to someone there's only a black background. I don't think DesMuME runs background images properly.

While I don't know anything about hacking or Japanese, I'm very particular about spelling and grammar, so I'll report anything incorrect or awkward sounding that I find. I apologize ahead of time if I sound like I'm nitpicking. o_o'
Actually it have something to do with your DesMuME's 3D setting.

Config > 3D Setting.

Just choose the Renderer until the background is not black. Also, its quiet taxing running the 3D in DesMuME, so I just disable it all along. (Means I can't see anyone at all, just the CG, but it makes the game smoother).

@jjjewel : Thanks.
happy.gif

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
^
^
Thanks so much Inori.
wub.gif
Long time no see.
biggrin.gif

Haha, the scripts will need lots of editing. That I'll leave it to others because I'm pretty bad at it.
happy.gif

(To the players as well. If you find anything that looks odd, please submit the corrections if you can. Otherwise, you'll have to bear with bad English in the game.
tongue.gif
)

By the way, FYI, when you come across "Hapikamu Rinko" in GS3, it's referenced to Love Plus. (I still don't know what I'm gonna do with Hapikamu part. The full name is Lucky Magical Girl Hapikamu Rinko or something like this in Love Plus.)
Is there a way to see the most recent translations you've done? I'd like to contribute when I can, if you don't mind.

HarukaKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Czero90 said:
HarukaKat said:
yaynds.gif
smile.gif

Actually it have something to do with your DesMuME's 3D setting.

Config > 3D Setting.

Just choose the Renderer until the background is not black. Also, its quiet taxing running the 3D in DesMuME, so I just disable it all along. (Means I can't see anyone at all, just the CG, but it makes the game smoother).

Oh, you got it! I just changed to the other renderer and it started showing the 3D girls and the backgrounds.
smile.gif
It runs quite smoothly this way too, there's just a little scratching on the voices. Thanks for the advice.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OceanBlue said:
Is there a way to see the most recent translations you've done? I'd like to contribute when I can, if you don't mind.

I'm still trying to think how to organize this because the scripts the translators have to translate and the scripts the editors have to edit don't really look the same due to some technical issues.

Ex.
Here's the format for the translators;
????????……?
+------------------------+
The movies on show now...

?????

Cinema 1 has

?
?????

Then cinema 2 has

??

???????????
Which one shall I watch?

????????????
All right. I'll go to
cinema 1 then.

????????????
All right. I'll go to
cinema 2 then.

But here's the output from the above translation, and the one the editors are supposed to check.
///////0000///////

[YourName]
The movies on show now...

[YourName]
Cinema 1 has
Then cinema 2 has

[YourName]
Which one shall I watch?

[Choice]

[YourName]
All right. I'll go to
cinema 1 then.

[YourName]
All right. I'll go to
cinema 2 then.

Changes in the first part will reflect on the 2nd format. You need to adjust the first part, but it takes some time to get familiar with the format to adjust blank spaces and line breaks to make the 2nd format appear correctly. So I think I'll let the translators/editors work on the 2nd format and then I'll put the translation in the 1st format and adjust the lines and stuff for them. But the example above is the simple one. There are more complicated patterns and restrictions which I'm still trying to write instructions to explain how to work on them correctly.

Note: The will be invisible and will not be included in the script when you translate, but you have to add proper spaces and punctuations to make it appear correctly in the output.

greator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Skyline969 said:
Ah, didn't know this. However, it could still work - in Western culture it's normal for someone to be called by their first name, and some people are called by their last name as a term of endearment... at least where I'm from. So far the translation's been solid, save for the random errant character (a ')' instead of a ! in one case that I don't remember). I haven't played it a lot so far, but so far so good. Keep it up.

Let's just translate the game directly, and don't make any adaptation to western. This is LovePlus, the character is Japanese, location is Japanese, culture is japanese so just put it that way.
Keep the japanese joke, don't ever change it to western jokes, its annoying. If you dont understand it, learn it.

for example Rinko called herself by her own name. I think its cute. If you live in Eastern country, you'll find girls calling themselves by their own name (or nick name)

Btw, where is exactly the project site? is it the old Tlwiki?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu