Hacking Complete noob with SD card question.

Gamefreakblog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you need a wii game or gc game, i think it's more easy with gamecube.
First of all you need to install Nintendont. (Don't be worried of the many installation, usb loader gx needs nintendont like a plugin, but you will need only to use one spftware to launch both wii and gc games, even if both of them must be present on the sd card)

Create a folder called Nintendont onto your sd/apps, then put inside it this file https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/blob/master/loader/loader.dol after you have renamed it to boot.dol from loader.dol
Also put in the same folders these three files:
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/blob/master/nintendont/icon.png
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/blob/master/nintendont/meta.xml
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/blob/master/nintendont/titles.txt

Then go to usb loader gx,press on the settings button that is placed on the bottom left, go to loader settings, then set gamecube mode to Nintendont.
Go back to custom paths and set this parameters:
Gamecube path to usb1:/games (don't touch if is this is already the default option)
Gamecube Nintendont loader to sd/apps/nintendont (don't touch it if is already the default option).

Then put your game in a subfolder (named with the name that you prefere) of usb/games and rename it to game.iso
Every single game must be under a different folder, and every game in these different folders must named game.iso

Example:

Usb/games/supermariosunshine/game.iso
Usb/games/super_smash_bros/game.iso
Usb/games/imtoolazytoselectafoldernameformetroidprime/game.iso

If the game has two discs (like Resident evil rebirth,mresident evil 0, enter the matrix,mresident evil code veronicq ecc.) You need to put the iso of the second disc in the same folder with the name disc2.iso.

Once you have done that, the games will appear on usb loader gx qnd you cqn boot them.

-snip-

How do I put the meta/titles into the folder? I downloaded the icon one but I can't see how to download the others....it just says raw, blame, history etc. Am I missing something?

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Sure thing.

Here you are. Extract and replace all the files/folders/that you previosuly wrote in sd/apps

Forgive me for the time that you had to wait (and for my english too) but my pc is broken and i have to do everything with my tablet and the builtin ftp server of wiixplorer (an homebrew that is a file explorer and allows to modify/rename/cut/paste/zip/unzip/move the wii files from/to internal memory/sd/usb/other devices).

Attachments

• Nintendont.zip
    1,012.5 KB · Views: 92

Gamefreakblog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here you are. Extract and replace all the files/folders/that you previosuly wrote in sd/apps

Forgive me for the time that you had to wait (and for my english too) but my pc is broken and i have to do everything with my tablet and the builtin ftp server of wiixplorer (an homebrew that is a file explorer and allows to modify/rename/cut/paste/zip/unzip/move the wii files from/to internal memory/sd/usb/other devices).
Your English is great my friend :) So I have put that on the SD card. Do I just follow the steps that you said previously now?

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, just set usbloader gx as i explained before and it will be reqdy for wii and gc games (almost, it has a lot of settings that can be edited)

I'm sending you a pm

Your English is great my friend :) So I have put that on the SD card. Do I just follow the steps that you said previously now?

Last edited by Zonta85,

Gamefreakblog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, just set usbloader gx as i explained before and it will be reqdy for wii and gc games (almost, it has a lot of settings that can be edited)

I'm sending you a pm
YEp. Did all that, set the path to Nintendontm, and the other paths were already set up as you said they may be.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Ok. In the hard drive settings, in mine, the game/install partition says "not initialised", but on yours it says FAT32.....is that an issue?
No, it is because your device isn't connected right now and then the loader can't initialize it.
Change all the settings,exit usb loader gx and try to boot it again this time with the device connected

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER