Hacking Complete noob with SD card question.

Gamefreakblog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Forget about Pimp my wii, is often called "brick my w wii" because is dangerous and invasive.
Skip the 62 right now, is not mandatory. But you need to install the IOS 80 with trucha.
OK, I will leave that. I have to go out for an hour, maybe 2 tops, so I will install it. DO I need to keep the wad files on the same SD card as I am doing all of this updating on? And do the WAD files need to be in a folder called "wad"? Or somthing like Wii>wad>(files here)? If I transfer the wad from the wii to the SD card, the wad shows in the SD menu, but when I click it cannot load it. I can load wads to the console itself no problem.

Reactions: Zonta85

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Hold on. A wad is just a channel, virtual console game or wiiware game packed in one unique file, not an installed channel,virtual console or wiiware game. What a wad manager does while installing is the unpacking of these files and the installation of them in the wii memory. Once they are installed they are not wads anymore, they are installed channels that can be moved from the wii memory management menu from the wii nand to the sd card (and they can be played trough the sd menu).
Then you don't need the wad file anymore once is installed (and even if is common to store them into "sd/wad" they can be stored everywhere onto the sd because the wad manager can access all folders).
Once you have instaled the wad into the wad memory and you move the consequent installed channel to the sd they are stored (unpacked and in a different form) into "sd/private".
You cannot load the installed channels from the wii sd menu (even if they work from the wii memory) because of the missing ios80 patch. Patch it and they will work.
You told me that is difficult for you because we are in aforum. If u want a more immediate way tontalk i can give you a whatsapp or facebook messenger account in private, let me know. ;)

Last edited by Zonta85,

Gamefreakblog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right. I have just tried running IOS80 and used the patch thing that you suggested, saying no to all of the others. I have just gone to my SD card in the Wii menu, clicked on the game that I moved from the wii console to the SD card and that one has loaded up. I even turned it off and on again, went to the SD folder, clicked on the game again and it booted first time. So this seems like it may have worked. DO I have to do this with all of the Wad files though? As in, do I have to load it to the wii console, then select move to the sd card? I straight copied some wads to the mem card but they don't show in the SD menu, only the one game that I moved from the console to the card. Or do they have to be in a folder?

*Edit* I've just gone back and moved another game from the Wii to the SD card. Tried to load this one staight from the card and it doesn't work. It just does what it did before, loads up with a bar and says failed to launch. The other game still fires up from the card no probems at all. Frustrating.

Last edited by Gamefreakblog,

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
As i told you a wad is a packaged file, that users can install trough a wad manager that unpacks them into the wii internal memory. Unfortunately the wad managers cannot install them directly to the sd card, but only in the wii internal then you have to move them from the wii data management to the sd every time you install one of them.
.Wad files are like .exe in windows when u use them to install a program/app, once you do that you can delete them from your sd because the installed channel/virtual console game/wiiware game is now stored unpacked and in another form into the wii internal memory or into "sd/private" if you moved it feom the wii data management.
Sometimes games wont load because you have find corrupted wads, because the wad isn't of your console refion (and you need a region override, i can help you with this) or for other reasons.
Try to move again the game that isn't loading from the sd card to the wii memory and then launch it.
If it boots is a problem with some ios, if it doesn't boot from the wii memory too probably the wad is corrupted or wrong.
What wad manager are you using to install them (name and version)?
Wich IOS do u use while in the wad manager for the installation (with your report you should use 236)?
What wads are you trying to install (game name and region)?

Last edited by Zonta85,

Gamefreakblog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As i told you a wad is a packaged file, that users can install trough a wad manager that unpacks them into the wii internal memory. Unfortunately the wad managers cannot install them directly to the sd card, but only in the wii internal then you have to move them from the wii data management to the sd every time you install one of them.
.Wad files are like .exe in windows when u use them to install a program/app, once you do that you can delete them from your sd because the installed channel/virtual console game/wiiware game is now stored unpacked and in another form into the wii internal memory or into "sd/private" if you moved it feom the wii data management.
Sometimes games wont load because you have find corrupted wads, because the wad isn't of your console refion (and you need a region override, i can help you with this) or for other reasons.
Try to move again the game that isn't loading from the sd card to the wii memory and then launch it.
If it boots is a problem with some ios, if it doesn't boot from the wii memory too probably the wad is corrupted or wrong.
What wad manager are you using to install them (name and version)?
Wich IOS do u use while in the wad manager for the installation (with your report you should use 236)?
What wads are you trying to install (game name and region)?

I moved some of the games back. A couple said something like "the data may not have been moved" and wouldn't go from the SD card back to the Wii Menu. One of them did and it worked. All the other games work on the wii memory. One of them worked on the card memory, but wouldn't go back from the SD to the Wii. I essentially have a set of most of the PAL wads for the VC, so SNES, Master system, NES, arcade etc. I am using something called Wii mod V3.2. A guy on a facebook page sent it to me and said install it, go to wads and add them from there. This works fine, I've never had a game not work with it. I have not changed the IOS in the wad installer for installing wads....do you think this is the problem? Here are some images of the installer. WP_20161119_002.jpg WP_20161119_003.jpg

Gamefreakblog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update. I have tried a bunch of the wads, installing them to the Wii and then transferring them to the SD card. It's hit and miss, but some of them are transferring over and loading from the card. Out of the 30 or so I have tried, about have of them say fail to load, but the others work fine. I guess it is either a compatibility issue (PAL/NTSC etc) or just the card doesn't like them, as they play from the Wii just fine. At least some are going on :)

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Update. I have tried a bunch of the wads, installing them to the Wii and then transferring them to the SD card. It's hit and miss, but some of them are transferring over and loading from the card. Out of the 30 or so I have tried, about have of them say fail to load, but the others work fine. I guess it is either a compatibility issue (PAL/NTSC etc) or just the card doesn't like them, as they play from the Wii just fine. At least some are going on :)

It cannot be the card that doesn't like them. Let's try this:
1)Move back the installed channels that aren't working from sd to the wii internal trough the wii data management. Then download and extract "Any title deleter mod" http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5562654/AnyTitleDeleterMODv71.rar launch it and delete the installed games from here (because deleting them from the wii data management doesn't delete them entirely, the ticket still remains in the wii)
2)Download and extract into sd/apps "Yet another wad manager mod" https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/yawmm/YAWMM.zip and try tore install the gamws using it. When requested select IOS236, front sd card, no nand emulation and then select the wad and install it.
3)Try to enable the region free using priiloader. To do this:
A)Update your Hbc and install bootmii Ios: download the Hackmii installer 1.2 here https://bootmii.org/download/ extract his folder to sd/apps, launch trough Homebrew channel and follow the on screen instructions to update/install both
B)download priiloader from here http://www.dacotaco.com/dlpriiloader.php?ver=0_8_1 extract it and overwrite the version present in your sd/apps (because we are not sure if it is the latest version, is better to update rewriting it) then download the hacks.ini located here http://wiibrew.org/w/images/e/eb/Priiloader_hacks.zip and extract the folders into your pc. Get into the folder 4_x, then into 4_3 and then copy the file hacks_hash.ini located here into sd/apps/priiloader, you have to copy only this file because is specific for your system menu, the 4.3.
Launch priiloader trough hbc and install it.
C)Now We must enable the priiloader hacks, shutdown the wii holding the power button on the front of the console until the led becomes red. Now turn on the wii HOLDING BOTH the power and reset button and priiloader will appear. Go to "system menu hacks", you need to enable "region free channels" pressing the A button. You should consider to enable something else, like " block disc updates" (to block the updates from discs that will mess up your softmod, the game will boot skipping the update partition), "block online updates" (it will block online updates from the wii system menu that can mess up your softmod), "region free gc games"/"region free wii games"/"region free everything" (to make the retail games region free) "remove nocopy protection" to unlock the copy of protected saves), "replace health screen with back menu" (if you are bored from the health screen everytime you turn on your wii), "Autonpress A at health screen" (if you want to see the health screen but without the need of pressing A) "move the disc channel" (if you want to move the disc channle somewhere else).
You can find my configuration in photo.
IMPORTANT! REMEMBER TO HIGHLITE "SAVE SETTINGS" IN THE LAST LINE (NEAR TO "BLOCK ONLINE DISC UPDA") AND THEN PRESS THE A BUTTON OR THIS HACKS CONFIGURATION WILL NOT BE SAVED AND THE HACKS WILL HAVE NO EFFECT!
A "settings saved" confirmation line will appear. Press b button to go back, then select system menu and press A to go to the wii menu.
3)Let's make a wii nand backup, go to the homebrew channel, press home, launch bootmii and using the console power button to move and the console reset button tomake a selection bo to the setrings screen and then choose the nand backup (the icon with an arrow that goes from a chip to the sd card)

In the end, try to move back the games trough the SD card and boot them.
Let me know :)

Attachments

• 20161121_115700.jpg
    20161121_115700.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 164
Last edited by Zonta85,

Gamefreakblog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1)Move back the installed channels that aren't working from sd to the wii internal trough the wii data management. Then download and extract "Any title deleter mod" http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5562654/AnyTitleDeleterMODv71.rar launch it and delete the installed games from here (because deleting them from the wii data management doesn't delete them entirely, the ticket still remains in the wii)
2)Download and extract into sd/apps "Yet another wad manager mod" https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/yawmm/YAWMM.zip and try tore install the gamws using it. When requested select IOS236, front sd card, no nand emulation and then select the wad and install it.
A)Update your Hbc and install bootmii Ios: download the Hackmii installer 1.2 here https://bootmii.org/download/ extract his folder to sd/apps, launch trough Homebrew channel and follow the on screen instructions to update/install both
B)download priiloader from here http://www.dacotaco.com/dlpriiloader.php?ver=0_8_1 extract it and overwrite the version present in your sd/apps (because we are not sure if it is the latest version, is better to update rewriting it) then download the hacks.ini located here http://wiibrew.org/w/images/e/eb/Priiloader_hacks.zip and extract the folders into your pc. Get into the folder 4_x, then into 4_3 and then copy the file hacks_hash.ini located here into sd/apps/priiloader, you have to copy only this file because is specific for your system menu, the 4.3.
C)Now We must enable the priiloader hacks, shutdown the wii holding the power button on the front of the console until the led becomes red. Now turn on the wii HOLDING BOTH the power and reset button and priiloader will appear. Go to "system menu hacks", you need to enable "region free channels" pressing the A button. You should consider to enable something else, like " block disc updates" (to block the updates from discs that will mess up your softmod, the game will boot skipping the update partition), "block online updates" (it will block online updates from the wii system menu that can mess up your softmod), "region free gc games"/"region free wii games"/"region free everything" (to make the retail games region free) "remove nocopy protection" to unlock the copy of protected saves), "replace health screen with back menu" (if you are bored from the health screen everytime you turn on your wii), "Autonpress A at health screen" (if you want to see the health screen but without the need of pressing A) "move the disc channel" (if you want to move the disc channle somewhere else).
IMPORTANT! REMEMBER TO HIGHLITE "SAVE SETTINGS" IN THE LAST LINE (NEAR TO "BLOCK ONLINE DISC UPDA") AND THEN PRESS THE A BUTTON OR THIS HACKS CONFIGURATION WILL NOT BE SAVED AND THE HACKS WILL HAVE NO EFFECT!
A "settings saved" confirmation line will appear. Press b button to go back, then select system menu and press A to go to the wii menu.
3)Let's make a wii nand backup, go to the homebrew channel, press home, launch bootmii and using the console power button to move and the console reset button tomake a selection bo to the setrings screen and then choose the nand backup (the icon with an arrow that goes from a chip to the sd card)

The priiloader link you sent doesn't work mate.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
The priiloader link you sent doesn't work mate.
Try with this, is a kinda of the same link but works for me, go to download in the box in the right
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Priiloader

P.S. Whene deleteting the games with any title deleter (use ios 26 at the beginning) remember to don't touch anything related to the system menu, ios or other things, it can be very dangerous. Delete only the games, tnat are listed under the "installed channel titles" section.

Gamefreakblog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Ok. Downloaded the Anytitle deleter. Selected IOS249 as the IOS version to load. Pressed the button and it says "Warning. Your system menu and SYSCONF regions differ! Infact your system is 0 while Sysconf is 2. Maybe you are in a semi-brick state? In any case, procede with caution or your situation could become worse"

Shall I leave this?

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Woah. This is very strange.
If i remmeber your syscheck you don't have ios 249 installed, only 236. Try with 236.
If it gives to you the same erro Leave it for now, it seems that someone has messed up something with your wii before it came to your hands. I must do some research right now.

Gamefreakblog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Woah. This is very strange.
If i remmeber your syscheck you don't have ios 249 installed, only 236. Try with 236.
If it gives to you the same erro Leave it for now, it seems that someone has messed up something with your wii before it came to your hands. I must do some research right now.

Ok. Just tried with 236 and it works. At the menu now....phew.

Gamefreakblog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Remember for every software that you are using that has 249 as default that you have to change to 236, because you don't have the 249 already installed.

Ok. Followed all the steps above. Everything seemed to go ok. I followed all the instructions. I have added 3 wads that defo didn't work yesterday via the new wad manager. 2 of them now load, but the other (Mario Kart 64) still won't, although it will load on the main menu.

When I installed the mod via the new loader, there was no option for no NAND emulation as you say. I open the program, select the IOS, select the Wii SD card and then it just lets me select and install. Am I missing something?

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Ok. Followed all the steps above. Everything seemed to go ok. I followed all the instructions. I have added 3 wads that defo didn't work yesterday via the new wad manager. 2 of them now load, but the other (Mario Kart 64) still won't, although it will load on the main menu.

When I installed the mod via the new loader, there was no option for no NAND emulation as you say. I open the program, select the IOS, select the Wii SD card and then it just lets me select and install. Am I missing something?

No, everything is fine, probably my fault.
Now you have some hacks and a little bit of protection with priiloader, with some hacks too.
Is strange that this one wont work. Do more tests with more wqds and let me know.
If you want tonplay wii and gamecube games you are still missing cIOSes, let me know if u are interested in these games and i will help you installing the cIOSes.

Gamefreakblog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, everything is fine, probably my fault.
Now you have some hacks and a little bit of protection with priiloader, with some hacks too.
Is strange that this one wont work. Do more tests with more wqds and let me know.
If you want tonplay wii and gamecube games you are still missing cIOSes, let me know if u are interested in these games and i will help you installing the cIOSes.

Yes, tomorrow I will load some more wads and let you know the results. I want to play Wii and GC games yes, so if you have any help with that I would appreciate it very much. I want to get into this a bit more, and with your help i'm learning :)

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Some explanation before the installation.
An IOS is something that the Nintendo Wii and the Wii games use to run games, the system and the modules (bluetooth, wifi, ecc). As you can see from your
A custom IOS aka cIOS is a modified IOS that allows to use not only the original features of an IOS but to load backups (from USB) too.
The cIOSes are based on original IOSes, and games run on different IOSes, so we uses to install the same cIOS (but created with a different original base) on multiple slots to have near 100% compatibility with the games.
Most of them work with IOS 56 and only a few of them work with IOS 57 and 37, so we will install a based 56 cIOS on slot 249 (this is the default slot for cIOS in homebrew and game loading, is for this reason that as you saw using some homebrew they are default on 249) to load the 95% of the games, and a based 57 and 37 cIOS on slot 250 and 251.

First of all download the d2x cIOS installer from here https://sites.google.com/site/compl...d2x-cIOS-Installer-Wii.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Then extract it and place the eight folder on your sd/apps, boot it trough hbc.
Once on the installer, press any button to continue after the disclaimer.
Press right on the dpad until you select "v10 beta 52" on the first line.
Using down on the d pad, move to the second line and select 56 as cIOS base
Use the default 249 as cIOS slot in the third line
Use the default 21010 as cIOS revision in the fourth line
Press Home to add this to the cIOS batch installing and you will see a green confirmation line.
Now some values should have changed.
They should be from the first to the fourth line: v10beta52, 57, 250, 21010, press home to add to batch. The green confirmation line will appear.
Now the values should have changed again: change the cIOS base to 37 to have, from the first to the fourth line: v10beta52, 37, 251, 21010, press Home to add to batch, the green cpnfirmation line will appear.
Now press A button to continue, and a cIOS slot map will appear, press again A to begin the installation.
Wait with patience, because it can take a while: the IOS must be downloaded from Nintendo servers, then patched and only in the end installed.
When the installation is finisched you will be ready to load wii and gamecube games from an USB drive, i will explain how to use them when you will have finisched with this step.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4