Status
Not open for further replies.

thegamer408

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now to update an R4i Gold, you will need a DS Lite/Phat/DSi, or a 3DS that hasn't been updated, in order to run the firmware patch.
Here's a guide to do this.
Step 1: Download the firmware update for your flashcart.
Step 2: Extract and put the firmware update on your microSD card.
Step 3: Put the flashcart into DSi, DS Lite, or DS Phat, or a 3DS that wasn't updated since the flashcart was blocked.
Step 4: Run the firmware update. Make sure you have a charger plugged in, or your flashcart could be done for.
Step 5: Wait until its done updating. When its done, turn off the DS, and turn it back on. If your DS/DSi says no cartridge(No Nintendo logo on startup), your flashcart is
busted. I hope this helps!

JaronMatthewHigg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a guide to do this.
Step 1: Download the firmware update for your flashcart.
Step 2: Extract and put the firmware update on your microSD card.
Step 3: Put the flashcart into DSi, DS Lite, or DS Phat, or a 3DS that wasn't updated since the flashcart was blocked.
Step 4: Run the firmware update. Make sure you have a charger plugged in, or your flashcart could be done for.
Step 5: Wait until its done updating. When its done, turn off the DS, and turn it back on. If your DS/DSi says no cartridge(No Nintendo logo on startup), your flashcart is
busted. I hope this helps!

Great! I will remember to use this when I get my cart!

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Great! I will remember to use this when I get my cart!
erm just to note
DONT update the firmware straight away
check what game it is using
as if its fresh from them they sometimes use a new game, meaning it wont be blocked on the 3DS and actually updating it will downgrade the flashcard

JaronMatthewHigg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what? I am about to resort to a SuperCard DSTwo. It seems like a very powerful card with a great GUI, but the problem is how expensive it is. Does anybody know a trusted website that pre-flashes the cards and sells the cards at a lower price?

thegamer408

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know what? I am about to resort to a SuperCard DSTwo. It seems like a very powerful card with a great GUI, but the problem is how expensive it is. Does anybody know a trusted website that pre-flashes the cards and sells the cards at a lower price?
Not that are legitamite. I'd say go with NDS-Card.

JaronMatthewHigg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nds-card did'nt sit well with me... to close to the market price I used modchipcentral, cheaper, trusted by supercard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yucky times. :sad: