Gaming Collecting Amiibos?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the purpose when most of the games that exist don't use it? Bayonetta amiibo that only works in smash bros? Hopefully the bayonetta 3 game will have amiibo support. And cloud, why? Again, unless there is some final fantasy game that will be using besides smash bros... why?

I have only 2 shovel knight and marth. I got shovel knight cause of this. :P

banner_gunvoltfeaturingshovelknight.png

Playing Azure striker gunvolt 2 on 3DS/switch, you can fight shovel knight for a useful item, is nothing too fancy after you do it but this is just too cool. Plus the custom knight in the actual shovel knight is fun too. :)

I got marth cause of smash bros, but after trying amiibo on smash bros, didn't seem like it was much to it. Honestly I never been interested in Fire emblem characters so I guess is my fault. I thought about buying Fire Emblem warriors but just not sure yet. :unsure:

zepmike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case people looking for a deal don't know, the Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked 20% off new games discount works on amiibo, and it stacks with other sales (except on Black Friday). I try to get any amiibo I'm interested that way.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a decent boxed collection. I dont collect every one. I dont do shelves for them. I have them taked on the wall 1 thumb tack for the top 2 for the bottom.
I even managed to get one of these. I had it setup against a table to try it out lol
20170809_120656.jpg

I was in gamestop and the nintendo rep was taking it down. I asked if i could have and she said sure. That made my day.
Should i troll all the hard core amiibo collectors on reddit? Ill say "You aint a hard core amiibo collector unless you have the actual Amiibo Kiosk". lol​

KevinLSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a decent boxed collection. I dont collect every one. I dont do shelves for them. I have them taked on the wall 1 thumb tack for the top 2 for the bottom.
I even managed to get one of these. I had it setup against a table to try it out lol
20170809_120656.jpg

I was in gamestop and the nintendo rep was taking it down. I asked if i could have and she said sure. That made my day.
Should i troll all the hard core amiibo collectors on reddit? Ill say "You aint a hard core amiibo collector unless you have the actual Amiibo Kiosk". lol​
Lol, amazing

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There are just too many Amiibos now IMO and the prices a lot of them are going for are ridiculous.
Multiple variations of each character with no actual differences in game, only to their appearance.
I have the Wolf Link one since I bought the version of TPHD that had it. It looked cool and I wanted access to the extra "dungeon" (which was pretty crappy anyway but eh)
I could see myself buying a few more if I really like them. Actually, I regret not getting Yarn Yoshi (especially the large one), but other than that Amiibos haven't really appealed to me enough to want to buy them. The BotW champion Amiibos do look pretty cool though, hmm...
They are cool as figurines, and I guess some people do find it worth it collecting those, but I just don't have the money or the room for it. If I had a dedicated gaming room and a lot of spare change I might have a shelf or two for Amiibos just to make my gaming room look more interesting.
20170809_120656.jpg

Neat, I didn't know they had Amiibo kiosks.
There was a leaked 3DS app that looked rather similar to this (only a lot more unfinished), I wonder if that app was eventually turned into dedicated Amiibo kiosks when they scrapped the idea of actually using the 3DS app for anything.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have the equpment to make high quality cards. eBay has some pretty cool sets that even have leather wallets for them, but they don't have the older Smash Bros or Mario party sets

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have an OoT Link and a FFVII costume Cloud since they're both characters I love. I probably won't buy any more though, I use one of those powersave dongles.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
these are still expensive around here but I'm not the one sthat want a wall full f them xD just haracters I'd like most .... I have some but never used yet because haven't layed omething compatible yet
for funcionality+characetrs I don't want, Id be fine just making a nice card XD

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What is the purpose when most of the games that exist don't use it? Bayonetta amiibo that only works in smash bros? Hopefully the bayonetta 3 game will have amiibo support. And cloud, why? Again, unless there is some final fantasy game that will be using besides smash bros... why?

I have only 2 shovel knight and marth. I got shovel knight cause of this. :P

banner_gunvoltfeaturingshovelknight.png

Playing Azure striker gunvolt 2 on 3DS/switch, you can fight shovel knight for a useful item, is nothing too fancy after you do it but this is just too cool. Plus the custom knight in the actual shovel knight is fun too. :)

I got marth cause of smash bros, but after trying amiibo on smash bros, didn't seem like it was much to it. Honestly I never been interested in Fire emblem characters so I guess is my fault. I thought about buying Fire Emblem warriors but just not sure yet. :unsure:
The unlockable content is largely pointless so I agree with you on that, but the main appeal to collecting them isn't the unlockable content, it's that they look nice on a shelf.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The unlockable content is largely pointless so I agree with you on that, but the main appeal to collecting them isn't the unlockable content, it's that they look nice on a shelf.
They are basically collectables. So that is mostly the point. If the idea was to just be unlockable content, it would
  1. just be sold as NFC chip data
  2. just be in game microtransactions.
I understand that is not worth collecting for content.

xm0c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually rarely ever use my amiibo in anything but Breath of the Wild. Some I don't even have the games they were released with. I just how they look, though I limit myself to one variant per character (ie I only have one Mario, one adult Link, one Toon Link, one Young Link, etc.)

SarCATstic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a Pikachu amiibo back in 2014 when amiibo first came out, I don't even have a Wii U or the amiibo adapter for the o3ds, I just liked it and decided to pick it up

I do plan on maybe getting some Breath of the Wild amiibo, more specifically the Revali one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ...