Hardware club nintendo country racism D:

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
sorry for the bad title, i couldn't think about a good one, mods please change the title as you think

like you can see on my profile i am from portugal (shity country) and all my stuff is bought from local stores (when i can)

so, last year i signed up for a club nintendo account (mario 3d land promo) and i searched the catalogue, and there was nothing special... just 1 or 2 items worth it... (pictures here)

after doing an internet, i just found out other country nintendo clubs got looots of stuffs and so great... (i am not sure but i think they offer games too, if you saw in portuguese shop there is not a single game)

for example, game cases like this one which i really wanted one (i know its not on stock, but its an example)... and other really great items...

well, when i tried to create my account using my codes, it asked me to use the portuguese store, i was like ok, it's the same thing.. but it is not..

i know this doesn't happen just on my country, thats why i am writing this thread, countries like US and UK (and probably japan) got the good stuff :C this doesn't just happen with club nintendo, there are a lot of games which are japan only and other people would love to have them...

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Club Nintendo Items in Germany are also shitty.

Nintendos Homecountry (Japan) or Big/Important Countries will sure have better gift items. That's just normal. You can't complain about a gift.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
So you hate your own country? Financially it's not doing great at all, but for the food, weather and calmness I love it and would rather be living there (even Brits themselves gave up on their country and moved to Spain/Portugal) but I can't, not right now at least (I'll be going during summer though for a small vacation).

Back to Club Nintendo, I'll agree that it doesn't offer a lot of items worth to spend the points but just recently I snatched Super Mario 3D World Original Soundtrack for 3000 points and it was worth it!
5204-534538a44b55f.png
5204-534538d78bbdf.png
5204-534538ef6044e.png

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
i know this doesn't happen just on my country, thats why i am writing this thread, countries like US and UK (and probably japan) got the good stuff

Keep in mind that some countries don't get any kind of Club Nintendo offers at all, so there's plenty of people who are worse off than you.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Keep in mind that some countries don't get any kind of Club Nintendo offers at all, so there's plenty of people who are worse off than you.

and do you think i wrote this post for bitching about my country? i am bitching about, internet is a worldwide service, but some countries are always left behind, nintendo club is an example.

if it was bitching for "my country doesn't get good stuff" i didn't cared at all.

download+ regional locks makes no sense unless your country got rules which doesn't allow (for example a lot of games are banned\censored on germany) or if your currency is really special\unique

and with the rewards thing, it's sad you can't get the same "rewards" from other places, but instead pay shipping, if you live on the other side of the world, it would make more sense

anon3536

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk but id rather have some of those items than a few of those that we have currently in the us, ours dont get very much new stuff very often, only thing that changes regularly are the eshop games and we sometimes get special stuff for new games or stuff like that

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
For me the real issue with nintendo of europe is the inexplicable lack of official spare parts on the online store.
There is a grand total of six items: kid icarus AR cards, wiiU lens cleaner kit, UK plug 3ds charger, europlug 3ds charger, 8gb sd card, 16gb sd card. Are they kidding me?

No styluses, no cables, no refurbished items, no nothing.
Compare that to the NA store with tens of spare parts and accessories even for prevoius generations (if I remember correctly, currently it's down for mainteinance)

Example: if you're looking for a spare official stylus for the DSi XL and you live in Europe you're out of luck. Especially if you want the "fat" one.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...i got all my spare parts on amazon.

also, its no use complaining about local differences for 'free' stuff. nintendo of spain cant help it, they dont get the same item galore as nintendo of japan or US.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Lol, after reading your post all that was in my mind was a huge lol, seriously. =O

First off, calling Portugal a shitty country, is quite a rude thing to do, secondly, the Uk club is basically the same as the Portuguese one.
Those cases were also on the club for some time, I have two of those cases, I have the Ocarina of Time 3D ost which I also got for free from the website, not to mention some hanafuda cards, luigi medal, a mario kart trophy, and most recently, a deck of playing cards. Not to mention that I also got several cards for Kingdom Hearts and Kid Icarus from it.

Be it uk, germany, france, portugal, etc... Nintendo of Europe is only one and it englobes all those countries, they might put up the stuff at diferent times in some cases, however the products they all have are the same stuff on the catalogue.
I'm actually pondering on ordering the Super Mario World 3D Ost from the catalogue for 3000 stars right now... Still uncertain on that.

Now, if you're going to complain about the internet and those services in Portugal, you should know that Portugal is one of the countries with the fastest internet, and has been so for a very long time.
And as for the games, Portugal hasn't banned a single game, although I do order most games from the Uk since I like having my games on release day and the stores here sometime release them a week or so later.

Reactions: Yepi69

Pheinte

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
like you can see on my profile i am from portugal (shity country) and all my stuff is bought from local stores (when i can)
Shitty country?
I'm sure that when you move to 'murica Portugal will surely be a better place :)

Only Japan and USA get good Nintendo goodies. Everyone gets junk.
That's not exactly true.
I think the best reward ever available on Club Nintendo was the Zelda Golden Statue, and i believe it was only ever available in Club Nintendo Europe.
It costed 15000 stars and only 3800 were ever made.

I got two of them, unopened and waiting to be sold when i find time to do it.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Only Japan and USA get good Nintendo goodies. Everyone gets junk.

Europe got Mario Kart trophies one year, and everyone but North America gets the Super Mario 3D World CD soundtrack. That, plus Japan gets more (They still have the Hanafuda cards that NA stopped distributing). Europe has Wii and DSi points cards, colored 3DS charging bases, Mario Galaxy 1/2 OST CDs, the Game & Watch that NA stopped distro'ing, as well, the premium playing cards Europe has was a Year-End gift here in NA, you can get them whenever in Europe.

In all honesty, I think NA gets the short end of the stick. Europe and Japan have the far better prizes.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japan has the most good shit for Club Nintendo. (I have them shipped to a friend in Japan and I pay her for the shipping to the States). Noticed that the US Club Nintendo gets crappy stuff from time to time.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Finland has the shittest Club Nintendo in Europe. You know why? Because we don't have one. Well we do, but it's not linked to the official CN and we don't receive any kind of loot from it. Probably going to get a UK CN account to get the free games from MK8. Otherwise, pure shii.

EDIT: Also, blogs.

Reactions: Issac

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Europe got Mario Kart trophies one year, and everyone but North America gets the Super Mario 3D World CD soundtrack. That, plus Japan gets more (They still have the Hanafuda cards that NA stopped distributing). Europe has Wii and DSi points cards, colored 3DS charging bases, Mario Galaxy 1/2 OST CDs, the Game & Watch that NA stopped distro'ing, as well, the premium playing cards Europe has was a Year-End gift here in NA, you can get them whenever in Europe.

In all honesty, I think NA gets the short end of the stick. Europe and Japan have the far better prizes.

One off good prizes don't compare to generally better prizes. I personally don't count points cards as being good, I can get them from practically every brick store around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo