CFW System transfer concerns

LDigital

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand that if I get another new 3ds on the same firmware and Luma version, I can tranfer everything over using the Nintendo transfer process and then use faketik to reactivate any non legit software.

I am a bit wary of connecting to anything online with my CFW 3ds as it has my NNID on it. It seems like if something is being sent to nintendo they could see that something is a bit dodgy and bring the banhammer down on my NNID and nintendo account.

So I suppose the question is, what is that part for? what happens and what is it doing when you connect to nintendo before the transfer starts? and am I at risk doing this or should just go for a complete fresh reinstall of everything on the other unit?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that if I get another new 3ds on the same firmware and Luma version, I can tranfer everything over using the Nintendo transfer process and then use faketik to reactivate any non legit software.

I am a bit wary of connecting to anything online with my CFW 3ds as it has my NNID on it. It seems like if something is being sent to nintendo they could see that something is a bit dodgy and bring the banhammer down on my NNID and nintendo account.

So I suppose the question is, what is that part for? what happens and what is it doing when you connect to nintendo before the transfer starts? and am I at risk doing this or should just go for a complete fresh reinstall of everything on the other unit?
For one Nintendo is not going to ban your nnid or 3ds

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, you should be fine transferring your non-legit games to the new system. You can uninstall those games then do the system transfer, if it makes you feel any better tho?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, you should be fine transferring your non-legit games to the new system. You can uninstall those games then do the system transfer, if it makes you feel any better tho?
There is no point in doing so

LDigital

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thanks, for the target system does it need to be stock should I put cfw before or after? I have read a few guides and I’m a bit unsure

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks, for the target system does it need to be stock should I put cfw before or after?
Before, i guess? Your non-legit games won't show if it doesn't have cfw, until you do, you'd run faketik to get them to show up. But since you need to install cfw anyway, i'd start with it then do the system transfer.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work