• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 7,234
  • Replies 26
  • Likes 45
D

Deleted User

OP
So, the takeaway from all this seems to be that yes there are a few (as always) ungrateful, impatient types spouting off here and there, but not to the extent that there is some big drama. Oh well, nothing to see here..
Listen, if that's what you take away from this then so be it. It was clearly a concern of Daeken, a big frustration for Hedge (another big name), and myself. So if you don't think it's a big deal then continue as normal. But you should probably think about Hedge's words if you'd rather not listen to mine, otherwise we may end up seeing a homebrew community slowly die from lack of willing devs. My plan once the graphics portion of things start becoming viable is an initial port of snes9x, but I really have to measure my interest in doing the work vs. how the community treats the devs and right now, it's not really worth it to do public releases. This sentiment is not only mine I assure you.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Listen, if that's what you take away from this then so be it. It was clearly a concern of Daeken, a big frustration for Hedge (another big name), and myself. So if you don't think it's a big deal then continue as normal. But you should probably think about Hedge's words if you'd rather not listen to mine, otherwise we may end up seeing a homebrew community slowly die from lack of willing devs. My plan once the graphics portion of things start becoming viable is an initial port of snes9x, but I really have to measure my interest in doing the work vs. how the community treats the devs and right now, it's not really worth it to do public releases. This sentiment is not only mine I assure you.
I guess I'm just not the type to get wound up over such things. Isn't it easy enough to just stop reading the kind of threads that might make you question your own motivation? I mean if we're talking about 'temp specifically then it's even easier to ignore, unlike people filling your twitter feed or something.

mendezagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My plan once the graphics portion of things start becoming viable is an initial port of snes9x, but I really have to measure my interest in doing the work vs. how the community treats the devs and right now, it's not really worth it to do public releases. This sentiment is not only mine I assure you.

Hay man, i´m the one that asked you above about an estimate time for a snes emulator. I´m really glad you´re thinking of doing it. If it really interest you don´t let the trolls/haters bring you dawn, the greater part of the community wil be grateful i´m sure (if you chose to realease it publicly)

D

Deleted User

OP
I guess I'm just not the type to get wound up over such things. Isn't it easy enough to just stop reading the kind of threads that might make you question your own motivation? I mean if we're talking about 'temp specifically then it's even easier to ignore, unlike people filling your twitter feed or something.
That's a bit of an oversimplification, and it's a bit hard to explain when you're not being subjected to it first hand. Do most of us do the work mainly because it's interesting and a fun hobby? Yeah, sure. But when we pumps hours upon hours of our personal time into a (free) project just to have people cop shitty attitudes and beg for more and more, it's easy to just go "eh, fuck it". Sure it's easy to say "just don't look", but surely many people working on a project that gets released to the public are trying to give back to a similar community that sparked the interest in the first placr (at least in my case.) To see that met with such vitriol and selfish behavior drives a wedge, and it's that wedge that will either make or break an active community.

Reactions: peteruk

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's a bit of an oversimplification, and it's a bit hard to explain when you're not being subjected to it first hand. Do most of us do the work mainly because it's interesting and a fun hobby? Yeah, sure. But when we pumps hours upon hours of our personal time into a (free) project just to have people cop shitty attitudes and beg for more and more, it's easy to just go "eh, fuck it". Sure it's easy to say "just don't look", but surely many people working on a project that gets released to the public are trying to give back to a similar community that sparked the interest in the first placr (at least in my case.) To see that met with such vitriol and selfish behavior drives a wedge, and it's that wedge that will either make or break an active community.
Welp, all you can really do is try not to put too much stock in the machinations of the vocal minority and know that the true community tends to lurk in the abyss. It may seem toxic at times but it really just is a few bad eggs and if more of the "normal" people came forward to give gratitude then they would heavily outweigh the bewildered.

Reactions: VinsCool

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's like these hackers/developers are just as insecure as they are competent.

They love to show off incomplete stuff yet they're scared to death of the inevitable criticism and unreasonable demands from the all entitled community.
If you're that neurotic then don't make your projects public before you're done with them.
Show it to your close friends who can actually help you and when you're done release it to the public as is (kinda like how yellows8 does).
More thick-skinned developers can take it from there and improve/fix if necessary.

Coming here to cry about being busy and how unfair the community is and calling everyone assholes only makes you the butt of the joke.

Last edited by piratesephiroth,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.