Clearing a few things up

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by UnsureSherlock, Nov 13, 2017.

1. UnsureSherlock
    OP

UnsureSherlock Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    United States
    Listen, if that's what you take away from this then so be it. It was clearly a concern of Daeken, a big frustration for Hedge (another big name), and myself. So if you don't think it's a big deal then continue as normal. But you should probably think about Hedge's words if you'd rather not listen to mine, otherwise we may end up seeing a homebrew community slowly die from lack of willing devs. My plan once the graphics portion of things start becoming viable is an initial port of snes9x, but I really have to measure my interest in doing the work vs. how the community treats the devs and right now, it's not really worth it to do public releases. This sentiment is not only mine I assure you.

2. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    I guess I'm just not the type to get wound up over such things. Isn't it easy enough to just stop reading the kind of threads that might make you question your own motivation? I mean if we're talking about 'temp specifically then it's even easier to ignore, unlike people filling your twitter feed or something.

3. mendezagus

mendezagus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2017
    Argentina
    Hay man, i´m the one that asked you above about an estimate time for a snes emulator. I´m really glad you´re thinking of doing it. If it really interest you don´t let the trolls/haters bring you dawn, the greater part of the community wil be grateful i´m sure (if you chose to realease it publicly)

4. UnsureSherlock
    OP

UnsureSherlock Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    United States
    That's a bit of an oversimplification, and it's a bit hard to explain when you're not being subjected to it first hand. Do most of us do the work mainly because it's interesting and a fun hobby? Yeah, sure. But when we pumps hours upon hours of our personal time into a (free) project just to have people cop shitty attitudes and beg for more and more, it's easy to just go "eh, fuck it". Sure it's easy to say "just don't look", but surely many people working on a project that gets released to the public are trying to give back to a similar community that sparked the interest in the first placr (at least in my case.) To see that met with such vitriol and selfish behavior drives a wedge, and it's that wedge that will either make or break an active community.

peteruk likes this.
  5. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    Welp, all you can really do is try not to put too much stock in the machinations of the vocal minority and know that the true community tends to lurk in the abyss. It may seem toxic at times but it really just is a few bad eggs and if more of the "normal" people came forward to give gratitude then they would heavily outweigh the bewildered.

VinsCool likes this.
  6. Malcolm-X
    This message by Malcolm-X has been removed from public view by TwinRetro, Nov 15, 2017, Reason: I said be nice..
    Nov 15, 2017
  7. LineoftheDead
    This message by LineoftheDead has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Nov 15, 2017.
    Nov 15, 2017
  8. UnsureSherlock
    This message by UnsureSherlock has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Nov 15, 2017.
    Nov 15, 2017
  9. LineoftheDead
    This message by LineoftheDead has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Nov 17, 2017.
    Nov 17, 2017