Homebrew Clarification Thread - What is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_sephiroth

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Lol. Just wait until the NX get's hacked, we'll be back here again :glare:

if the 3DS are still trying to hack
imagine nx

descarga.jpg

DiegitusXD

Trophies
XP
Country
It just got XBCX and Mario maker and it's getting a new Zelda, the Pokemon fighting game and star fox. I wouldn't call that dead.
Anyone of my friends have one,they have the PS3 or PS4,If the Wii U had more Games for adults it would be more...alive,I think

Last edited by DiegitusXD,

FuzzyBabyDucks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing, he just added some comments to the source code.

Eh he did add kobject generation but its still nothing big. the actual exploit itself has yet to be coded.

Code:
// Overwrite the timer's vtable with our own.
// TODO: This needs to be a kernel virtual address.
//void*** vtablePtr = (void***) (memAddr + PAGE_SIZE + ((u32) timerObj - ((u32) timerObj & ~0xFFF)));
//*vtablePtr = vtable;

Thats the important part of the hack that we can see so far (and it hasn't been done yet), everything pushed to git so far is just debug stuff, filling the memory with junk, and mapping memory.

Last edited by FuzzyBabyDucks,

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No. You need ARM9 for that.

As long as another sysUpdater 0.4b/people not following directions to the letter scenario doesn't happen, it'll likely be safe enough anyway.
Keeping a list of checksums for "healthy" update packages, amongst other safety precautions like verifying that installation succeeded and not relying on third-party tools should be smooth sailing.

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's dead jim. Also Zelda won't be on WiiU.

I am profoundly against going off topic and only posted two or three times on this thread, but just stop. Xenoblade Chronicles X. This game alones justifies buying three or four Wii U. Sometimes you don't need much. But I didn't feel something like that in a game in a lot, lot of years. And the big difference between Wii U And Xone/PS4 is that a lot of titles on the latter comes on PC, so having a combo PC/WII U/3DS makes a lot of sense (even a PS Vita if you like some more "exotic games").

Last edited by Hikenkami,

FuzzyBabyDucks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haven't seen that in the latest commits, anyways it's nothing big as you said

Hah my mistake, I was looking at something else for my own repo. All he has commited is mapping memory.

I am working on an o3DS and encountering some different results from what is expected, and I am betting a few other are as well. Theres still a long way to go to having a PoC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c