Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you're on newer firmware, you won't be able to use dynarec emulation, so you're stuck with interpreter.

Source

No, what it means is that the emulator is coded in such a manner its slow.
If its the compiler, the way the code works, a fundamental flaw in how 3DS homebrew's build enviroment work, undocumented hardware functions, or whatever it is, its not that relevant.
I rather doubt Dynarec is significant when the emulator chokes on booting the BIOS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just get red screen and that's with the Smealum starter-pack.

Download
http://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/boot.3dsx
And replace what you got on the SD card. If you don't want to take out the SD card, FTBRONY still works, just type in ftp:// and whatever it claims is the ip:Port into a file explorer.

kje123

this title is false
Trophies
Website
kje123.github.io
XP
Country
United States
No, what it means is that the emulator is coded in such a manner its slow.
If its the compiler, the way the code works, a fundamental flaw in how 3DS homebrew's build enviroment work, undocumented hardware functions, or whatever it is, its not that relevant.
I rather doubt Dynarec is significant when the emulator chokes on booting the BIOS.

The interpreter core on any emulator is always slow, due to it running on software dependencies. Dynarec would be the equivalent of something like OpenGL on dolphin, it relies on hardware (dynarec runs off of the ARM9 core) to execute. Without kernel access, dynarec cant access the ARM9 core, leading to having to use interpreter for now. It has nothing to do with the source code at all, it's more the issue of running in the optimal way.

Also, if your emulator has trouble with the BIOS, you probably aren't running the official one. Message me, and I'll give you the one I use. :)

Last edited by kje123,
Reactions: WaffleWafer

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No it doesnt. I have tried using the C Nub and Z Buttons in GameYob. Even though it shows them in the Button Config, they can not be used for some reason. Is it the .3dsx one that allows it? Because the .cia does not.
I'm using the latest .3dsx version of GameYob and I CAN map the ZL/ZR buttons as well a c-stick. So your cia version must not allow it or be outdated.

EDIT: Yes, if I press ZR it changes screen scaling, etc

Reactions: Smoker1

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hopefully as time passes this will be more optimized and will run 90-100% speed then I will play gba. I'm a PC gamer so I have high standards :P . But good to see this awesome project being made.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the latest .3dsx version of GameYob and I CAN map the ZL/ZR buttons as well a c-stick. So your cia version must not allow it or be outdated.

EDIT: Yes, if I press ZR it changes screen scaling, etc
When was the latest Version released? 10 Aug is my Latest. CIA Version still not allowing the Additional Controls. Must be the 3dsx only for some reason

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When was the latest Version released? 10 Aug is my Latest. CIA Version still not allowing the Additional Controls. Must be the 3dsx only for some reason
Don't know when it was released but I downloaded it the day after Tube/Ironhax come out. So I'm just gonna assume that its the CIA.

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah so that just begs the question, is it something in the Homebrew Loader, or something that 3dsx has more access to? Did a test, and yes, .cia can not use the extra controls, but the .3dsx can.

D

Deleted User

Yeah so that just begs the question, is it something in the Homebrew Loader, or something that 3dsx has more access to? Did a test, and yes, .cia can not use the extra controls, but the .3dsx can.
If I remember correctly, I believe it has something to do with access to the ir:rst service. I've tried adding it to my RSF files before, but it a) didn't seem to work and b) caused them to not work on older firmware versions where the service doesn't exist.

Reactions: kae5738

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Those that want to know, and dont check the pastebin. 350 games tested kind of got a slap on the wrist at school, so during school days it will be a bit slow. Gonne need to bite through in the weekends.
You should definitely focus on your schooling. Your grades are a bit more important that an emulator right now. Still, it's nice to see people trying to contribute to the homebrew community, thank you.

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Its mostly theory what i am learning right now, T-Map to be precise for softwaresters. So the testing kind of fits in that regard, i just did it a bit to much so i got an agreement. As long as me study time on school, is longer then the amount i use for testing they dont mind. Means i can do about 20 - 30 games during school time

Reactions: TecXero

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, just focus on your Schooling. It is working for now, rather good on the N3DS, so just work on it when you are free. Your Schooling is more important.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare