Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@All the red screen issues, I'm currently pulling the latest version to see what's up. I have both Ironfall and Youtube installed so I *should* be able to test, once the DNS server clears up a bit at least.
I believe the default included boot.3dsx starter pack is bugged. A different version (2.1 from /vg/) I'm using has no problems booting into Citra.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so it's not an issue with the new Ironfall/Tubehax stuff, tested it on my N3DS and I'm having no issues there. I'll have to find my o3DS to see what the issue could be with that.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the people without kernel access still not able to play decent? I haven't used this in a while, and I think the only version I've ever actually tried was the one that came with the Homebrew Starter Pack, so I can assume it's very outdated. I always get these errors when I try to compile them myself.
NgbKQls.png

Is the one on the OP very recent? If it's not working on IronHax, I still have Ninjhax 2.0 on my Cubic Ninja cartridge to toy with it.

EDIT: The last 2 or so replies before this were posted while I was uploading this picture so I didn't see them. lol

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the people without kernel access still not able to play decent? I haven't used this in a while, and I think the only version I've ever actually tried was the one that came with the Homebrew Starter Pack, so I can assume it's very outdated. I always get these errors when I try to compile them myself.
NgbKQls.png

Is the one on the OP very recent? If it's not working on IronHax, I still have Ninjhax 2.0 on my Cubic Ninja cartridge to toy with it.

EDIT: The last 2 or so replies before this were posted while I was uploading this picture so I didn't see them. lol
You need to update your ctrulib to the latest version, the one in DevKitARM is outdated. Also, to those with red screen issues, make sure you are using the latest .3dsx from the main post for sanity reasons.

Reactions: Selim873

ceres

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, I redownloaded the .3dsx from the op and still couldn't boot Citra. this is on an old 3ds.

edit: actually, I don't know what I'm talking about! I replaced my boot.3dsx with the one linked and citra is now working. thanks!!

another edit: can also confirm that pokemon emerald isn't working, just a white screen

Last edited by ceres,

william341

Last remaining VinsClone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I renamed the new boot.3dsx to patch.3dsx, so I can run save haxing recuring stuff (iron hax inst, tdvs eg)

Electric91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What should i rename the file boot.3dsx to?

I'm on 2DS 9.9.0-26.E

I just downloaded the CitrAGB from the starter kit;

so i have:

CitrAGB.3dsx
CitrAGB.smdh
CitrAGB.xml

Shoud l just add it there?

Also one more question, do i need to create a specific folder for roms? Or will i have a search directory? (never had homebrew before now on 3DS)

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to update your ctrulib to the latest version, the one in DevKitARM is outdated. Also, to those with red screen issues, make sure you are using the latest .3dsx from the main post for sanity reasons.
So to update it, I looked it up and ended up on the GitHub for it. Downloaded the zip, it built successfully but I just got a bunch of source files in the build folder. Although, like the ctrulib folder in the DevkitARM folder, it had identical folders; include and lib. So I put everything in the source zip in that folder, tried building again and got this, still no 3dsx file. I'll download the one mentioned and try it, but I want to be able to build other apps in case there aren't any precompiled versions.

XrfgywT.png

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What should i rename the file boot.3dsx to?

I'm on 2DS 9.9.0-26.E

I just downloaded the CitrAGB from the starter kit;

so i have:

CitrAGB.3dsx
CitrAGB.smdh
CitrAGB.xml

Shoud l just add it there?

Also one more question, do i need to create a specific folder for roms? Or will i have a search directory? (never had homebrew before now on 3DS)
All you need is all those files inside the CitrAGB folder inside the 3ds folder. As for ROMs, it defaults to looking at the root of SD, but you can navigate to folders.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So to update it, I looked it up and ended up on the GitHub for it. Downloaded the zip, it built successfully but I just got a bunch of source files in the build folder. Although, like the ctrulib folder in the DevkitARM folder, it had identical folders; include and lib. So I put everything in the source zip in that folder, tried building again and got this, still no 3dsx file. I'll download the one mentioned and try it, but I want to be able to build other apps in case there aren't any precompiled versions.

XrfgywT.png
You didn't clone recursively, you need the libkhax repo inside the gpsp/3ds folder (ie gpsp/3ds/libkhax/khaxinit.cpp and all that stuff).

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
The emulator is not working with Ninjhax 2.1.

However after replacing boot.3dsx with the 2.0 beta one, it works.

Yet still, roms don't work, they just display a white screen. Tried Pokemon Emerald and Fire Red.

Original 3DS.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you need is all those files inside the CitrAGB folder inside the 3ds folder. As for ROMs, it defaults to looking at the root of SD, but you can navigate to folders.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You didn't clone recursively, you need the libkhax repo inside the gpsp/3ds folder (ie gpsp/3ds/libkhax/khaxinit.cpp and all that stuff).
Augh, didn't see anything about libkhax anywhere.. Bah, I'll keep all of these libraries somewhere in case I need them. Is that the only way to do it? I never cloned it to desktop because I don't have the github software, plus I thought only developers would actually use them. I'm just a user. XD

This is the boot.3dsx that worked for me: http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/Mf15R6Sn/file.html

That one just took me right back to the Homebrew Launcher as soon as I would try to launch it. :/

Last edited by Selim873,

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The emulator is not working with Ninjhax 2.1.

However after replacing boot.3dsx with the 2.0 beta one, it works.

Yet still, roms don't work, they just display a white screen. Tried Pokemon Emerald and Fire Red.

Original 3DS.
The starter pack doesn't include the game_config.txt iirc. Make sure you have that at the root of your SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...