Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Is that not just the nature of the emulator though? Even on my 9.9 N3DS with ninjhax 2.0, only a few games are actually playable. I tried mega man zero, advance wars, pokemon emerald, super mario advance 2...they're all slideshows. Maybe I'm using an old citragb build? I'm using the one that came packaged in smea's ninjhax 2.0.
What he's saying is that this emulator, like many others, got a speed boost when run on a n3ds. O3ds does not have that speed, at the moment. On Ninjhax 1, dynarec ran some games fairly well, but that won't work on Ninjhax 2.
Edit: noticed you mentioned having an N3ds. Download the latest build here and you should have better luck with some games.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aww man. It's not a simple matter of ROM trimming like when we used to trim PSP ISOs back in the day to save storage space? This is literally the only game I want to play
Mother 3 is packed to the brim, leaving almost no room to cut in the first place. Also, Mother 3 is coded in a very odd way, making it hard to disassemble and edit it, so we couldn't compress it.

Reactions: Melon__Bread

loco365

Trophies
XP
Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced runs quite well, nearly full speed most of the time. However, the audio sometimes glitches up and plays an entire octave lower than it normally should. I haven't tried all the levels yet, so I'm not sure how the surfing levels will fare out.

Edit: Mode 7 surfing levels work fine, but the isometric atlas sphere levels lag to the point that the level is hardly playable.

Last edited by loco365,
Reactions: that girl

MyJoyConRunsHot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah the n3ds really screams on nh2. My benchmarks show a 3x increase in cpu speed on single-threaded cpu stuff. (makes you wonder about the same 268Mhz claim on 3dbrew being correct)
I recall a Neogaf user mentioning a developer saying the same thing. While not hard proof in and of itself being second hand info, the fact that a single-threading increase rumor has been mentioned elsewhere on the net by people involved with the hardware indicates that you might be onto something.

Last edited by MyJoyConRunsHot,

ceres

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same as maplemage! installed ironhax, have everything in the right place on the sd card, and I get a black top screen and a red bottom screen. I redownloaded the files, too. my 3ds isn't modified in any way, other than ironhax. on 9.9.0-26U, old 3ds.

edit: also, I saw that it didn't run for some people on sdhc cards, so I moved everything that mattered from my 16gb sdhc to a 2gb sd card, but it didn't make a difference.

Last edited by ceres,

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this is working on my new 3ds, but when I try to load pokemon emerald it just gives me a white screen... I suppose it is not supported then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?