Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
windows xp is going to be suported? please say YES

I should hope not. XP is full of gaping security holes now that will never be patched (MS discontinued support for this nearly a full blown year ago now). I'd say unless you have a VERY specific reason to continue to keep using XP, you should either upgrade to 7, or switch over to Linux.

Reactions: Margen67

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Yo guys, please let's not derail this thread in a "Windows XP suxx0rz!!" discussion. It's Alex's choice if he wants to use Windows XP, just as it's our choice not support that OS.

Alexander_86

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I just ask cuz I didn't watch the requirements of the emu I know for ds worked on XP I thought 3ds will do the same.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
I tried to test the OpenGL renderer out for myself, just for fun, but the best I could get was some white artifacts on top of a completely black screen. I was really looking forward to playing around with that today :)

bunnei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to test the OpenGL renderer out for myself, just for fun, but the best I could get was some white artifacts on top of a completely black screen. I was really looking forward to playing around with that today :)

Try changing this line: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/blob/master/src/citra/emu_window/emu_window_glfw.cpp#L73 to use 'GL_FALSE'.

Has Citra been tested with any games other than Ocarina of Time like Mario Kart 7 or Luigi's Mansion 2?

Citra currently boots dozens of games, but most are generally less-well-known 3rd party titles. The two games you mentioned do not currently boot.

Reactions: Margen67

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada

That seems to have done it! It's impressive to see this speed while still using an interpreter. I have to say, my favorite thing about it is that when you increase the window size, the game renders at the window resolution. Not sure if it was intentional or not, but I got a glimpse of high(er)-res OoT 3D for the first time! I can't wait until it's ready for master. I can't wait for Cave Story 3D to work on the OpenGL renderer, I love that game and it'll be amazing to play through the 3D remake again, but this time with increased resolution to make it even more amazing :D

Edit: Actually, scratch that. It seems Cave Story 3D work is being done already! It doesn't really display correctly at the moment, but it's a start.

RHY3756547

Trophies
XP
Country

I had to butcher the sprintf calls as well to get it to output correct shaders on VS2012, but after that everything worked great. You can pretty much do anything that doesn't involve using an item.

B_H5bhBW4AAIcrV.png

B_H6AAwXAAI2apj.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played