Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not only that, but the /r/citra subreddit has never been official in the first place (as far as I know)?
At least I don't know who OMQ is?!

Officially maintained are #citra and #citra-dev on freenode (IRC), citra-emu.org and it's discussion board, the build list and the github repos of citra-emu.
There is also a youtube channel (and a linked Google+ account) operated by the people maintaining our blog. It's used mostly for hosting though.
I believe the blog team also operates the twitter account and facebook.
If you are unsure about anything you should contact each developer / contributor directly on IRC.
At the moment, in case of unclearness, whatever bunnei says should be considered official though.

I'm not aware of any other parts of the Citra web-ecosystem.
Unless something is linked from the official page (excluding the user maintained faq and wiki!) you should be very careful.
More specificly, you shouldn't trust any builds behind paywalls or builds without source code or roms attached (not only are the illegal, but they might contain malware).

Semi-Officially some active and past contributors (amongst them MerryMage, wwylele and me) are active in this thread and this forums unofficial release thread (but only respond to some questions + we usually take a break whenever Pokemon, illegal stuff or some other bullshit comes up; at least I do)
Also semi-officially some active and past contributors (such as neobrain and JMC) are active on /r/emulation.
Note, however, that there is no real "team" with Citra. Posts on reddit etc. may reflect personal opinions and understandings. Those may not reflect the current project leaders goals or project direction.

I'm reading the https://discuss.citra-emu.org/ right now... oh boy, so many questions that are already answered in the FAQ :sad:

Last edited by LG_,
Reactions: DaMan

Tylerrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How f*cuking hard is to read this thread before posting/asking anything ?! The same question has been made ONE PAGE before this one, how lazy can one person be ?

sorry i don't scroll through pages, and i wasn't aware of how long the reddit has been down since i don't visit it often.

In any event there's no need to be a dick about it.

Reactions: puss2puss

exdeath255

Trophies
Website
www.com
XP
Country
Canada
sorry i don't scroll through pages, and i wasn't aware of how long the reddit has been down since i don't visit it often.

In any event there's no need to be a dick about it.

Some people dont linger on gbatemp all day reading 300 pages of posts in one topic alone. Some people actually do stuff with their lives.

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
not to piss anyone off. but anyone seen a clean save for pkmn x/y with female trainer anywhere?
Maybe you can have some luck here https://www.3ds-savegames.com/ or in this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-savegame-requests-thread.359139/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some people dont linger on gbatemp all day reading 300 pages of posts in one topic alone. Some people actually do stuff with their lives.
300 pages ? The same question he asked was ONE page before the post, with the answer. Also, there is a search tool here, so... just don't be lazy ?

TsundereRic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
will give it a shot. didn't see anything in the already uploaded save files. hopefully someone will be kind enough to provide me one. though the thread seemed slightly dead. so maybe not anytime soon.

Reactions: LG_

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
will give it a shot. didn't see anything in the already uploaded save files. hopefully someone will be kind enough to provide me one. though the thread seemed slightly dead. so maybe not anytime soon.
Maybe someone will upload a save for you, most people in that thread are very helpful. Good luck

Reactions: TsundereRic

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
cheers mate. the help is much appreciated
If you have questions of naming characters, you can do that on PKHex which is really easy to use. However, it's impossible to change gender if you found a save with your favorite starter in it.

Anyways. I tested the Nightly Build and apparently, Virtual Consoles still doesn't boot. On the bright side, you can enjoy playing it on Homebrew or on another emulator.

TsundereRic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have questions of naming characters, you can do that on PKHex which is really easy to use. However, it's impossible to change gender if you found a save with your favorite starter in it.

Anyways. I tested the Nightly Build and apparently, Virtual Consoles still doesn't boot. On the bright side, you can enjoy playing it on Homebrew or on another emulator.

i know the unofficial builds aren't discussed here, so i won't ask much about it. but i imagine the newest chinese build can get past most things except the opening cutscene. only thing i really need is getting past character creation. which as you said can't be edited with PKHex. so hopefully someone can lend me a clean save with her :/

Jobenblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was pretty slow week. I assume the committee is still debating whether they want open Pandora's box i.e. merge cro++.
I think they shouldn't until they can atleast finish pokemon themselves or else it's just going to be more pokemon spamming which will actually fit in the rules of posting because it works on an official build. As cool as a feature as it would be to have implemented, I don't think we're (the public) ready for it yet until it truly truly works without issue. Don't some games like Yo-Kai run faster with it merged?

I just saw wwtlele test post and it would be pretty nice to get 8+ games to work, like Smash and megaman...

I've never seen anybody talk about citra's online functionality, which would automatically be the next issue even if pokemon did work from start to finish so people could trade and get try to connect to the official nintendo servers to get the event shiny legendaries going on this year.

Last edited by Jobenblue,

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they shouldn't until they can atleast finish pokemon themselves or else it's just going to be more pokemon spamming which will actually fit in the rules of posting because it works on an official build. As cool as a feature as it would be to have implemented, I don't think we're (the public) ready for it yet until it truly truly works without issue. Don't some games like Yo-Kai run faster with it merged?

I just saw wwtlele test post and it would be pretty nice to get 8+ games to work, like Smash and megaman...

I've never seen anybody talk about citra's online functionality, which would automatically be the next issue even if pokemon did work from start to finish so people could trade and get try to connect to the official nintendo servers to get the event shiny legendaries going on this year.
Before we get online we atleast need a decent reompiler which from the looks of it won't be anytime soon.

JudyDoots92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before we get online we atleast need a decent reompiler which from the looks of it won't be anytime soon.
Actually it may be "soon", last week a reliable dev said that they are working on it and its not public yet because they do not want tons of worthless bug reports from users with unofficial builds saying no more than "pokemon freezes", or something along those lines.
Just be patient, they are working on it. :)

Reactions: breel

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty stable for alot of games although runs very slow until the devs finish a recompiler which should speed most games up to a playable speed.

Thanks for your answer. I'll wait for this new recompiler. There should be a small FAQ in the first post (similar to the Nintendont thread) so that regulars of this thread wont keep being bugged by "will it/does it work?" questions. :)

Reactions: JayFoxRox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land