Hacking Circle Pad patches for Super Mario 64 DS and other games (in TwilightMenu with TWPatcher and RTCom)

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Could I request an additional patch to invert the Y-axis on Star Fox Command (up on cpad to move the ship downward and so), so it controls like the rest of the series?
Here. Ideally it should be possible to make this option selectable from the settings without making separate versions, but for now I've successfully failed to do it. Maybe one day I'll implement it and update the mod properly.
And don't set inverted controls in the settings, it breaks this mod a little bit

If understood correctly, the remapper allows the remap DS buttons to 3DS buttons
I prefer to see it as 3DS keys being mapped to DS keys (each 3ds key (one row in the remapper) triggers one or multiple DS keys (or none, since you can also unmap them, effectively turning them off completely)). Not sure if it makes any difference

How can I use the remap to... remap those actions?

You cannot remap touchscreen actions with the remapper. But if someone made a mod for a specific game that would map those actions to buttons (which my cpad mod does) then these buttons later could be remapped with the remapper. The important thing here is that the remapper and my cpad mods are two completely (almost) different things that work in different worlds (3DS vs DS) and know nothing about each other. This allows us to "combine" them as we wish

So as a stupid example, I could made a mod for Metroid that would kill Samus if you pressed A+B+X+Y. In that case in the remapper, if you would map, say, `ZL` to the keys `A, B, X, and Y`. Then you could kill Samus just by pressing ZL (instead of A+B+X+Y). I don't really know if it makes it any clearer

Attachments

• star_fox_cpad_mod_inverted.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: nvmlamma

recs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Here. Ideally it should be possible to make this option selectable from the settings without making separate versions, but for now I've successfully failed to do it. Maybe one day I'll implement it and update the mod properly.
And don't set inverted controls in the settings, it breaks this mod a little bit
Tested it and works great, thank you so much! Your patches has turned the 3DS into my favourite system to play NDS games.

Reactions: shoco

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@shoco Thanks, now it's clear! I conflated what the remapper and cpad mods do. I thought the remapper made cpad mods possible in the first place. I'll try to use it on the top of mod for Chibi.

Reactions: shoco

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hii soo i tested the star Wars Rebel Assault patch and It makes the game Black screen
You meant "Star Wars: Lethal Alliance"? As usual it works for me. At what point in the game does this problem occur? Here's a "slowed down initialization" version of the mod, maybe it will help somehow. By the way, I've updated this mod, there was a weird behavior when the main character would prefer the forward direction (makes sense for 8-directional dpad controls). Although it has nothing to do with your problem

Attachments

• star_wars_lethal_alliance_slow.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 16

mario4everd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a weird request that might only be possible in a specific way, but is it possible to do an analog patch for The World Ends With You? I know for sure traversal during the overworld will be possible since the touchscreen can be used for 360 degrees of movement but I was wondering if it's also possible to have the movement within the battles to be controllable with the analog stick. Also, if either or both are possible, can both sticks on a new 3ds/2ds be used for movement since it'll also be helpful for left handed People?

Reactions: emcintosh and shoco

solidgui3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes,that one,Sorry i confused the names,but This time when using the New code,It freezes at the "EA logo" screen

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@shoco As you said in your previous post, A/B control both the camera and Yes No in Chibi-Robo, so a good remap is impossible.

If you have time, could you create a remapping from scratch with these settings?
  • CPad to run, push, climb, use the Chibi-Vacuum, Chibi-Eyes, &co. (as the current patch
  • CStick to move the camera -- OG game and current patch has it mapped to ABXY
  • A to interact with objects (when a red exclamation mark appears) (currently: Select)
  • X to open/close the Chibi-Menu (currently: Left)
  • Y to equip the Chibi-Vacuum (currently: Down)
  • B to pick up, drop, or pull out the Plug from an outlet (as the current patch)
  • A/B to answer "Yes" or "No" to a question (as the current patch)

Barracuda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I don't know if anyone could help me on how to patch the buttons in Dragon Ball Origins.

(Dragon Ball: Origins
Dragon Ball: Origins 2
To make it work, set the input method to "Buttons Only" or "Both", not "Pen Only".)
I can't find the option to configure "Buttons only"

thank you so much

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
This might be a weird request that might only be possible in a specific way, but is it possible to do an analog patch for The World Ends With You? I know for sure traversal during the overworld will be possible since the touchscreen can be used for 360 degrees of movement but I was wondering if it's also possible to have the movement within the battles to be controllable with the analog stick. Also, if either or both are possible, can both sticks on a new 3ds/2ds be used for movement since it'll also be helpful for left handed People?
Done (probably). It seems to be working fine, at least at the locations I've tested it. Obviously, the fighting sections weren't designed with it in mind, so it may interfere with the movement (or using pins for attacking or something else). Or maybe some places will require additional patching, I'm not sure

Yes,that one,Sorry i confused the names,but This time when using the New code,It freezes at the "EA logo" screen
Currently, I don't know or remember how to help you. It all should be fine, especially if other mods have worked for you. As usual, I would probably suggest you to read the troubleshooting section, and make sure that the TWPatcher actually works (both when you're playing games with widescreen patches and without, because Twilightmenu can mess with those `TwlBg.cxi` files)

Would it be possible to use the codes on a retail cart? Cause I have a copy of Super Mario 64 DS
Sadly, I don't know anything about carts (maybe someone else knows better?). But from what I've heard, it should work (at least for some people) as long as you have a 3DS with the TWPatcher and, most importantly, a way to use cheat codes in a DS game (by using flashcards or something).

Hello, I don't know if anyone could help me on how to patch the buttons in Dragon Ball Origins.
You don't need to choose anything in the first Dragon Ball Origins, it should work as is. Only in the second one there has to be selected a control type that would use buttons. For example "Use Both" (it can be set in the game's settings). Particularly, if I remember correctly, "Buttons Only" can be selected when your first start the game (with a new save)

If you have time, could you create a remapping from scratch with these settings?
  • CPad to run, push, climb, use the Chibi-Vacuum, Chibi-Eyes, &co. (as the current patch
  • CStick to move the camera -- OG game and current patch has it mapped to ABXY
  • A to interact with objects (when a red exclamation mark appears) (currently: Select)
  • X to open/close the Chibi-Menu (currently: Left)
  • Y to equip the Chibi-Vacuum (currently: Down)
  • B to pick up, drop, or pull out the Plug from an outlet (as the current patch)
  • A/B to answer "Yes" or "No" to a question (as the current patch)
Here it is. It's not a "from scratch" solution, you still need to use the remapper (prepopulated link). But if you want, you can combine these two codes into one (put one after another). All I've done here is additionally mapped `Select` to the `Yes` action, and `DPad Up` to the `No` action. Thus, after applying the remapper, you'll get `A` on `Yes` and `B` on `No`

Attachments

• chibi robo clean sweep yes-no.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 17

recs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
shoco, can you take a look at The Koopa Who Stole Christmas (a new Super Mario 64 DS mod)? Maybe it works with the "USA v1.0" CPad patch like Another Super Mario 3D, but if you can check is better.

EDIT: And also at Super Mario: The New Beginning Revival, I've just discover it!
It can be easily tested by using a cheat code editor ( https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/R4_DS_Cheat_Code_Editor ) to get the title ID of the rom and adding the cheat code. Probably USA 1.0 will do, though you can paste all the versions to test if needed.

Vendicatorealato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know that I can try by myself, I asked to him because I think that he could see if the code really works as it should better than me, and 'cause may he can mention them in the main post since they are huge SM64DS mods.

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
shoco, can you take a look at The Koopa Who Stole Christmas (a new Super Mario 64 DS mod)? Maybe it works with the "USA v1.0" CPad patch like Another Super Mario 3D, but if you can check is better.

EDIT: And also at Super Mario: The New Beginning Revival, I've just discover it!
Both are based on the version "Europe v1.0". "The New Beginning" seems to work fine (at least the very first level). "The Koopa Who Stole Christmas", on the other hand, doesn't work. Most likely the devs of the mod have reused the same free space I did while making mine. Here is an updated version of the mod (I've moved the arm9 code elsewhere), now it seems to function properly. But then again, I've checked only the first couple of levels, so it may break at some point (if the newly taken memory is actually utilized by the game or the mod at some point). Theoretically, there is always the possibility that some mods will break due to memory conflicts, and there is nothing I can do about it except to fix each one manually (by making separate versions for the mod).

Attachments

• sm64ds_koopa_who_stole_xmas.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Vendicatorealato

Xyvir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated the mod. Now you can do the barrel roll on X + "CPad Left" or "CPad Right". Although, as always I am not sure if it really works everywhere and that I haven't broken anything accidently. In other words, it requires testing

AWESOME! I'll test it out.

RakanAli

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im new on this website can I ask you where to find the patch?
Post automatically merged:

Please help I need this patch so bad

Last edited by RakanAli,

Foxegory5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you try it again with larger pauses between presses (and try it several times just in case)? And are you sure it happens after using the CPad? If yes, that let's check this one for the last time, I can't make any sense out of it. This one won't work, but I've removed the only place it could crash when using the cpad, so at least it shouldn't do the usual thing (ideally).
And make sure you are using the correct version (usa or europe), although it most likely doesn't matter. If I remember correctly, you were using a flashcard, so it purely theoretically could do something unexpected (for me). Can you somehow test a game directly from an SD card?

Here. I've mapped the weapons to the DPad, the visor to Select, the gyro to A+Dpad, and the morphball to X. Also to free other keys, now you can jump only on B. The rest can be achieved with the remapper (here is a prepopulated link)

Code:
Controls without the Remapper:
CPad              - movement
CStick            - aiming
A + DPad          - Gyro
B                 - Jump
Select            - Scan-Visor
Start             - Start
DPad Left/Right   - Previous/Next "special" weapon
DPad Up           - Beam mode
DPad Down         - Missile mode
L                 - Shoot
R                 - Morphball Boost / Imperialist Zoom
X                 - Morphball mode

Controls with the Remapper:
CPad              - movement
CStick            - aiming
A + DPad          - Gyro
B                 - Jump
Select            - Scan-Visor
Start             - Start
DPad Left/Right   - Previous/Next "special" weapon
DPad Up           - Beam mode
DPad Down         - Missile mode
L                 - Jump
R                 - Shoot
X                 - Morphball mode
Y                 - Morphball Boost / Imperialist Zoom (same as L)
ZL                - Morphball Boost / Imperialist Zoom
ZR                - Shoot
I'm trying to apply the remapper data you set in the link of this reply (removed the link because I'm too new to post links currently), but whenever I try to open the .dat file in a text editor - even in a dedicated text editor explicitly meant for .dat files - about half the characters get rendered as unrecognized characters. Is there a specific text editor you'd recommend that I use which will actually let me see what I'm looking at? Ideally on Android as my computer is so old and slow that it's borderline unusable at times (and I just figured out how to transfer files over FTPD using my phone), but if you only know of programs on Windows 10 then it's not really the end of the world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.