tona

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello again Great Blue A. Temp!

Once again, I feel the chinese blue springtime that the winter falls upon for so many child in plenty of India.

As such, I felt like some of you may be interested in my port of cIOS to the patchmii installation engine.

cIOS Patchmii Installer

Why port cIOS to patchmii? Well, it's quite simple. Waninkoko's installer requires you to go out and find, build, or dump your own IOS37 WAD. This is sketchy, unnecessary, and most of all just not cool, man.

So, now you can install cIOS (currently rev03) with only an Internet Connection. Simple as laundry.
It is, of course, completely compatible with existing cIOS applications. I didn't test them all, but I made sure the downgrader and some of the other functions worked.

Have fun, spread love, and of course, report bugs
smile.gif

Wiibrew page

Download

And, since some people don't believe in running random binaries...
Youtube

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
good job... someone finally found the good way to use PatchMii
smile.gif

now, release you own downgrader using PatchMii and become god

PS: btw, waninkoko deserves no credit for the patches, it's all from bushing, marcan,svpe and nitrotux

pinesal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed this. And there is no apperent difference. Not sure if the install was successful.

Is there a list of thanges this makes to the Wii? How do I tell if it installed correctly?

tona

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
pinesal said:
I installed this. And there is no apperent difference. Not sure if the install was successful.

Is there a list of thanges this makes to the Wii? How do I tell if it installed correctly?
It will give you an error if the install is unsuccessful.

You can test it by using any of Waninkoko's cIOS apps. The list of "changes" it makes are in the source code. Or you can try asking Waninkoko what it does.

Really, though, it just installs one new title. That's it.

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
PS: btw, waninkoko deserves no credit for the patches, it's all from bushing, marcan,svpe and nitrotux

Erm... what? That many people makes the same patch doesn't mean that somebody made it and the rest stole it.

DVD_LowUnencryptedRead patch: It's not nitrotux patch. The patch for IOS37 is different. Also I have a video of it working before PatchMii release.
ES hash check patch: Somebody told me where it was (long time ago), not stole from PatchMii.
Title version check patch: Well, I think I'm the only one who did it atm...
Delete system titles patch: I made it just after the title version check patch. It was easy to find and patch. Also, it's a bit different than bushing's patch in xyzzy.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
finding that wad isn't all too difficult. I used that rev3 installer thing and it worked just fine. Thanks to that I've used the httpd dumper to backup my retail GC discs.

and now what exactly is patchmii? that dvdx channel also comes with it if you have a modchip. Is it an universal IOS patcher or something like that?

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FGOD said:
@wchill: tona is the same person who made the whole any region patcher... so i can assure you that this is safe to use!
it's the same also of the AnyTitle Deleter....almost perfect when it will display the channel's name and not just its ID...

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Prisoner said:
FGOD said:
@wchill: tona is the same person who made the whole any region patcher... so i can assure you that this is safe to use!
it's the same also of the AnyTitle Deleter....almost perfect when it will display the channel's name and not just its ID...

that is indead the only thing that made me delete that app again, cause i really loved it, but i couldn't remember all the channel ID's ;-)

pinesal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really very sorry and I feel dumb for installing this without knowing exactly what it was.

I thought this was to patch the Wii software to read unencrypted DVDs like DVD movies or roms of a DVD.

I guess my basic question is, after installing cIOS Patchmii Port what does my Wii do now that it didn't do before?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online