ROM Hack Chrono Trigger DS (USA) Piracy Fix!

coren

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
synx said:
Hey guys, Alright some of you seem to be having problems i just got it to work. Mind you i dont have a NDS i have No$GBA and it runs 100% fine.

When you extract the TTDS file RENAME THE FOLDER! This is probably why alot of you are not getting the new file chrono-patched.nds. Rename the folder it to "ct" or something since the characters used not being read by dos.

so

Step 1. Get the rom
Step 2. download http://www.mediafire.com/?jqylgzmjwm2
Step 3. Extract patcher to wherever and rename the folder to ct
Step 4. Run the patch and use the patched chrono-patched.nds
Step 5. Enjoy the game
smile.gif

Step6. ONLY IF YOU ARE USING NO$GBA emu - goto Option - Emulation setup- NDS cartridge backup Media Select "FRAM32Kbytes"

hope this helps some who are still having difficulty.
lecture.gif

I did this exactly as you said, and now No$GBA says it's not a gba/nds file and crashes at startup. Before, I could play to the first time warp, where it would hang. Meanwhile, if I used the cheats, I'd get an error every time I switched screens at the fair. Any suggestions?

coren

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind, I found a prepatched version of it somewhere on the magical internet. That's what I recommend to anyone who still can't get it running. And no, I won't tell you where, that's bad.

Mimoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks to 1ns0mn14 I patched Chrono Trigger and thanks to narin for the cheat code.
What I want to ask though is, is it possible to add or make cheats for the patched version of Chrono Trigger, because I recently downloaded the new cheat database and later I found out that the patch made the .rom file had a new Game ID.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mimoy said:
Thanks to 1ns0mn14 I patched Chrono Trigger and thanks to narin for the cheat code.
What I want to ask though is, is it possible to add or make cheats for the patched version of Chrono Trigger, because I recently downloaded the new cheat database and later I found out that the patch made the .rom file had a new Game ID.
Just use r4cce to find the new Game ID (Add Game), then edit your cheat.dat accordingly.

juntok_abot

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
cracker said:
@DSTT/TTDS users (and possibly other card users)
Do NOT use the XPA fix (xpa-ctuf.ppf). It will trash your microSD! Get the patch here.

@Narin:
Glad to see you're still in the community.
grog.gif
thanks coi..for the patch..
i hope this one works with ysmenu

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm having problems.

I'm using r4 with Yasu. And when i start the game, i just get a white screen. The thing worked fine with Kernel 1.18

I was using a patched game, so i got a clean (U) Rom, and applied the Piracy Fix on it. Still white screen, anyone know how to fix this using Yasu, or is the game unplayable on that?

Also after i applied the cheat code using DSATM the rom got down to 85mb, is that supposed to happen, or did something go wrong, and that's why i got a white screen despite the cheat beeing there?

I've already formated my card twice, so that's not the problem.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I apologize if it's been said before, but all is well on the M3 Real running Sakura 1.12+1 and the M3 Real version of the anti-piracy fix. The door opened after I played the organ in the cathedral, and so far I haven't been stuck in any time warps.

EDIT: Currently I am in prehistoric times, just got the pterodactyls.

nyusuu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I patched the game, but I think it's still getting hung up in certain areas.

I'm in Site 32 right now, and I can't get past the first map (robots keep flooding in no matter what I do). Is that an anti-piracy glitch or just my own stupidity?

Mishy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you need to back track...Also, check out a website that has guides.

Be sure to defeat the Robot and it's pods in 2nd dome, and then you should receive a key.

I'm about to go through site 32 and get the bike right now.

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello im really new here
smile.gif
I have you know...the crappiest of the cards in my hands....DSX,,,:/ is there anychance to make it playable? Ive tried the patcher but it need the New amr7 fix to acces save file...i did it after the patching for the warp freezes.Still i cant bypass the warps :/ is there any chance?

thanks all in advance.I have the latest firmware btw

EDIT
3 hours passed and....
Oh god...im sure there is no fix...ive tried 20
sleep.gif
combinations from patches and amr7 fixes but no fun at all....
i think i must give up..no Chrono Trigger for dsx users then

ZoDoS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so that fix actually worked for me but now im having problem...
when i go to 65000000BC i cant get Alya...there are no one attakes me no FMV nothing...just drop from the gate and go down the stream go to the village yet no Alya,,,,i wana know if the problem is from the fix or somthing else....i use no$gba

Luxiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OMFG!!

I only registred an acc here to thanks a LOT to all ppl here!!

I finally got some good computer and I was eager to play nds emulated since I live in Brazil and NDS + a R4 are to expnsive =/

So I needed to play CT again in this version and all went right until I got caught by the time warp loop!!

Finally the cheat code on the first page solved it!!!

TYVM!!!

cya ^^

Nighteye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a DSTT user with the latest firmware. I'd like to confirm that patch from http://www.mediafire.com/?jqylgzmjwm2 works.

Here's what i did

First:
download XENOPHOPHIA version of Chrono Trigger
download patch at http://www.mediafire.com/?jqylgzmjwm2

Second:
Extract patch and rom

Third:
Rename patch folder to "ct"
put rom in folder ct and rename it to "chrono"
folder ct should contain the following files:
- chrono.trigger.(u)-patch_cracker.exe
- instructions.txt
- chrono.nds

Fourth:
open/double click chrono.trigger.(u)-patch_cracker.exe
click patch and wait
when the window closes you should have chrono-patched.nds and xdelta.exe in your folder
copy chrono-patched.nds to your DSTT micro sd card and you are good to play!

NOTE: you have to use XENOPHOBIA's dump or it will not work!

I am a newbie, I thought I'd share my experience since it was really frustrating for me to find the fix for this game. Please let me know if broke any rules. thank you!

sherene2205

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hi im really noob at this whole cheat code thing so some help pls.

i downloaded and transferred the usrcheat.dat into my dstt. i can see the cheat option. i ticked backup activator/game fix code, loaded the game, and im still stuck in the warp zone.

is there something im supposed to be doing but isnt?

EDIT: nevermind i managed to get it to work. thanks for the file Narin!
smile.gif

Raeven

Trophies
XP
Country
hate2.gif
When I use the Anti-Piracy fix for Chrono Trigger it loads but it stays on the white screen oh I'm using an R4 and its the (E) version I downloaded it from *snip
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1