Chrono Trigger Available Now on PC

Chrono_Trigger_logo.png

Chrono Trigger, one of the most highly rated SNES RPGs to date, is now available on PC! Featuring graphical and sound updates, along with a new autosave feature, this PC release is considered to be the "Definitive Edition" of Chrono Trigger. For those that already own the game on iOS or Android, the app will also receive the graphical and sound upgrades as well in an update!

• Two Extra Dungeons – Includes the mysterious ‘Dimensional Vortex’ dungeon and the forgotten ‘Lost Sanctum’ dungeon that first appeared in the DS and mobile releases
  • Updated Graphics and Sound – While keeping the atmosphere of the original, featuring enhanced visuals designed for modern PCs and remastered soundtrack under the supervision of original composer Yasunori Mitsuda
  • Updated Controls - Optimised PC experience that supports both controller and mouse/keyboard configuration
  • New Autosave Feature - Automatically saves while still featuring the original title’s Save Point function
  • CHRONO TRIGGER Limited Edition - Those that purchase the STEAM version until 2nd April 2018 will receive the following digital bonuses for free:
    • An enchanting and specially edited digital song file containing a medley of five songs: ‘Far Off Promise’, ‘Wind Scene’, ‘Battle with Magus’, ‘Corridors of Time’, and ‘Chrono Trigger’
    • Composer Yasunori Mitsuda’s digital liner notes
    • A collection of six stunning PC wallpapers in varying sizes

:arrow: Source: GBATemp Inbox
:arrow: Steam Page

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Square Enix is now a cash grab company of shitty ports of shitty ports and episodic hitman and final fantasy releases.
chrono trigger was a game people were proud to own but just go steal it now
To be fair, I'm very satisfied with their release of FF12 on Steam so far, and FF15 with mods and co-op and 4K support looks very promising. I'm also looking forward to whatever Octopath Traveler ends up being named on Switch.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, I'm very satisfied with their release of FF12 on Steam so far, and FF15 with mods and co-op and 4K support looks very promising. I'm also looking forward to whatever Octopath Traveler ends up being named on Switch.

ff12, ff15 addons no one cares about like ff13-2 and lightning returns... and again they revealed octopath way too early alongside its demo, probably a 2019 game or december 2018

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ff12, ff15 addons no one cares about like ff13-2 and lightning returns... and again they revealed octopath way too early alongside its demo, probably a 2019 game or december 2018
Well, the FF12 remaster. "Addons" lol, guess you're completely unaware of what the PC modding scene is capable of with open access. We might be able to replay half the series in this engine if people are dedicated enough.

And uhh...I didn't care about any FF13 game. First one killed it for me. This is my first time through FF12.

Last edited by Xzi,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the FF12 remaster. "Addons" lol, guess you're completely unaware of what the PC modding scene is capable of with open access. We might be able to replay half the series in this engine if people are dedicated enough.

And uhh...I didn't care about any FF13 game. First one killed it for me. This is my first time through FF12.

i dont count mods as developer work

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FFXII was at least a good port, as is FFX HD, but Chrono Trigger....blargh

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This made me laugh so hard it made my day. thanks for fucking up square enix ayy

even the FFV an VI iOS to pc ports were better than this

I feel bad for anyone who bought that on Steam :lol: I'd rather pirate the APK for this game than pay 15 dollars.

People care about FF13?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a classic that's been there done that... i would rather have a remake looking chrono trigger that looks like final fantasy 7 remake mind you.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Chrono Cross sequel confirmed in development! :unsure:.../s :unsure:...:sad:

PS: Please Squaresoft, come up with something new!
PS2: Fuck Enix!
As soon as they joined with Enix, I knew I'd never get a third Chrono installment.

Reactions: DarthDub

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I came into this thread to see if Square had learned from their "improved" FF6 PC port. Nope, it's the same kind of mess. Square, you never disappoint in disappointing me anymore.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone is hating on the iOS version but I didn't think it was that bad. I've played through every version at least once and I found once I adjusted to the touch controls it played fine. Not as good as the other versions, but fine. If you don't have access to the ds version and want the bonus content/portability I think it's a fine way to play the game. I'll take it over the atrocious ps1 version with load times every battle or every time you open the menu.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Steam reviews aren't looking good.
So basically they just took the mobile version and selectively slapped a HQ4x filter on some of the graphics and called it a day.
How is that any better than what I can already do with an emulator?
I don't think it deserves all the bad reviews though, it might not be as good as people hoped but it's still the same great game. Though I haven't played the mobile version, I don't see anything horrendously bad in the screenshots or trailer on the Steam page that would justify over 75% bad reviews, and if you want to legally acquire and play this game and don't fancy touch controls on mobile, it seems like a pretty decent way to get the game. The SNES original is sure to cost a lot more online.
I think if they provide an option to turn off the filtering and fix some of the little issues (mainly UI issues) that'll be enough to make fans happy. They seem to want the original experience unaltered, and this is ALMOST giving it to them, but not quite.

I personally like HQ4x (but not as much as I like xBRZ), but it's certainly not for everyone.
I do have to say though that calling it "updated graphics" is a joke. All they did was apply a filter to it, and you can tell they didn't bother to upscale them by hand or even touch up the graphics afterwards to get rid of the filtering artifacts. Couldn't tell any difference in the sound, they probably just applied some very subtle filters to it.

VassagoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't care about any FF13 game. First one killed it for me. This is my first time through FF12.

Honestly, the first game was crap. Way too linear and boring because the only way to level up is fighting until you get closer to the end.

The second one though is absolutely my favorite of the three.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...