~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Your list of awesome has our wallets trembling in fear.
Seriously though, PS3's game library is non-existent. Meanwhile I'll be playing on my 360.

Non-existent? What happened to Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk and others? That's bullshit man.

Warhawk is awesome, but it's hardly a system seller. Resistance, I've heard both good and bad, but I lean towards the good. But then you get into the supposed systems sellers and they're all letdowns. Heavenly Sword is a great game, but just about every review says it's only really good enough for a rent due to the length and content. Lair was a massive disappointing that was critically panned. Ratchet and Clank was a mixed bag as well, many say it's the killer app on the PS3, but others say it just feels like more of the same with prettier graphics, and that previous installments did it better. However, in the near future there's Uncharted, which if recent trailers are any indication, it could be excellent, and then there's my personal favorite, LittleBigPlanet.

i actually asked that which 360 version will you buy, Arcade, premium, Elite,etc.

I'd say he should go for the Pro/Premium. A hard drive is an important feature in gaming these days, and sure it may only be a 20GB, but unless you're into the whole downloadable movie thing, or playing 6 MMORPGs at once, no one needs the 120GB amount. Honestly I wish they'd release a 40 or 50GB model, but I'd personally rather a smaller amount than a needlessly large amount for quite a bit more. Of course, that's just my opinion, ultimately it's up to him. One thing I will say though, is that the Arcade bundle isn't worth it, eventually most people will need the HDD, and it costs a lot more to buy it separately than it does with the premium bundle.

QUOTE(ZeWarriorReturns @ Nov 1 2007, 11:23 PM)
How does it fail? I'm not talking about consoles breaking or Graphics. The 2 of you are obviously not paying attention to what I'm trying to get here. The Original Xbox lasted what? 3-4 years? What makes you think Microsoft won't do the same to the 360? It's been 2 years already for the console and another year or 2 is the max it will get IMHO./

EDIT:and Cubin according to that then Microsoft will reveal a 3rd Xbox and that will Fail since the PS3 will have inferior ( maybe ) graphics to the next Xbox. Just shows how much you pwned your self there.

Um, the original Xbox lasted as long as any console normally lasts. A hardware generation for consoles is 4 - 5 years. I love my PS2 to death, but it's completely out dated by today's standards. The PS3s ten year plan only exists because of the massive amount of money Sony is losing. If they ever start to recoup their losses, it won't be for years, which is why they invented this 10 year product life-cycle spiel. It's a great plan, but in the hardware world 10 years means long obsolete.

Their plan flies in the face of every hardware tradition mankind has ever come up with. It's abnormal and exists solely so they don't end up with a console they've made no money on. They lost a massive amount of money on it this year alone, and they project that next year they'll lose double that. Which, again, is why the 10 year life-cycle exists, so at some point, in maybe 5 years, they can actually make a profit. But normally, yeah, that sort of life-cycle is frowned upon. I wish them luck, as at some point down the line I'd love to add a PS3 to my entertainment center.
smile.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Um, the original Xbox lasted as long as any console normally lasts. A hardware generation for consoles is 4 - 5 years.

The Xbox had a short lifespan, 4 years isn't long enough (I consider the lifespan to be from launch of that console to launch of the next). The lowest lifespan was the Master System with an impressive 2 years in Japan, to the NES/Famicom in Japan being over the 7 year mark. On average its about 5-6 years.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Um, the original Xbox lasted as long as any console normally lasts. A hardware generation for consoles is 4 - 5 years.

The Xbox had a short lifespan, 4 years isn't long enough (I consider the lifespan to be from launch of that console to launch of the next). The lowest lifespan was the Master System with an impressive 2 years in Japan, to the NES/Famicom in Japan being over the 7 year mark. On average its about 5-6 years.

Well I agree that it was a bit shorter than usual, but still in the acceptable range. Also, I believe there was a reason for the rush; they wanted to beat Sony and Nintendo to the door, to swoop up the customers ahead of time. It's conjecture, but I doubt it will become a common practice for Microsoft. Still, like I said, it wasn't the longest of lifespans, but it certainly wasn't the shortest either.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
EDIT:and Cubin according to that then Microsoft will reveal a 3rd Xbox and that will Fail since the PS3 will have inferior ( maybe ) graphics to the next Xbox. Just shows how much you pwned your self there.

I didn't pwn myself in the slightest
wink2.gif
just misunderstood you.

I couldn't figure out how you were saying the PS3 will last longer. You obviously would say PS3 wins everything because you love it so much, I thought it must have been graphics you meant because the 360 obviously has better games at the moment.

btw: I really like sony's idea of making the PS3 last and not making the PS4 for a long time. We'll see though.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is no way in hell that the PS3 will last 10 years. In 4-5 the next gen (Nintendo and MS) will appear and Sony will be left behind.
If the PS3 is a financial failure by that point Sony (SCE) may go the way of Sega.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I'm not sure if it will get that bad. Chances are a few good games will come out next year and they'll lower the price. Then SCE should be doing fine. You never know though, who would have thought nintendo would be 1st and sony 3rd last generation?

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think the PS3 will be pretty much the Dreamcast of the next generation consoles. Minus the cancelation of the console.

It'll be a good console, with a bunch of pretty good exclusives, but due to its horrible start, it'll remain somewhat of an underdog.
And I think Sony's smart marketing will taint the console for the rest of its life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.