Some Questions about Xbox Ultimate Game Pass + etc

L3gi0n0fh311

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an original Xbox one and planning to get a OneX in the future. I have some questions: (By Original Xbox and Xbox 360 games, I mean the ones that are compatible with Xbox one):

- I know that with the pass I get access to hundreds of games, and that when the subscription is over I lose access to them and I have to buy the pass again, is my understanding true ?

- I want to buy certain games on Xbox store and own them forever, Original Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox one games, How much discount do I get with the Ultimate Pass ? Lets say I want to buy Max Payne 1 which normally costs $20 CAD, How much will the price be with the Ultimate pass ?

- If I buy a 1-month Ultimate Pass card, Does the subscription end automatically or do I have to manually cancel the subscription ?

-------

Other Questions: (By Original Xbox and Xbox 360 games, I mean the ones that are compatible with Xbox one):

- I have physical copies of Original Xbox and Xbox 360 games, Is there a way to add these games to my Xbox account ? and get rid of the discs ? for free ?

- For how long will original Xbox and Xbox 360 games be available on Xbox store ? Is there a chance that in the future they would become unavailable ?

- If the games become unavailable on Xbox store, Do the Disc versions still work ?

- What is the estimated life span of Xbox one consoles ? When should I get a new console ?

- What are the symptoms of the internal HDD failure for Xbox one consoles ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, you lose access to those games. it depends on the game, gold has a lot of discounts by itself. they'll probably charge you again if they have your card information. I can't speak of the xbone, but the series x requires a manual cancellation. your physical copies will still work, but you can't get the digital versions for free. you'd still have to pay for them. no one knows how long they'll be available. several months ago, many games were delisted. also, there's no guarantee with game pass either. most first or second party games will probably be there forever, but not third party ones. I don't know the lifespan. it probably depends on if you take care of it. I would imagine an internal hdd would throw an error code on the xbone. the 360 does. E68 iirc.
Post automatically merged:

btw, only buy ultimate if you plan to use game pass on the pc. it's for pc and xbox. just xbox is cheaper, which is what I was doing with the series x.

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: L3gi0n0fh311

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. btw, did you see that double post about ultimate? I forgot what the just xbox is called, but you can get gold and gamepass together for like $14.99 a month. gold or gamepass by itself is $9.99, I believe.

Reactions: L3gi0n0fh311

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure. I use gold, but gamepass has a lot of sales on the games on gamepass. I've been all digital on the series x due to how good the deals are with gold. I got lost odyssey for $4, when it was on sale. however, halo infinite is like $44.99 or so on sale, down from $59.99. I don't know if those are the current prices, but they were when I bought them. I'd rather own the games in some fashion rather than using gamepass, where the game could be removed at any time. with gold, you do get two free games/month. when they offered 360 games, you got to keep them, subscription or not. however, gamepass may be better for you, because a lot of these gold games now are total shit.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want to own the games, the best thing you can do is wait for them to go on sale or buy used disc versions for the backward compatible games. I think the deals on games with gamepass only apply to gamepass games. So having gamepass doesn't lower a sale price of a game unless it is actually listed in the gamepass library. I think having gold will give you other discounts for games that are not listed on gamepass. Disc versions even though they are installed, will always require you to insert the disc since it needs to verify that you actually own it still. If the drive is beginning to die you will usually notice it starts to get really slow at loading and installing content and may develop a clicking or whining sound. Once failure has occurred you will get error codes or the system will just fail to boot at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow