Homebrew CFW noob, a few questions

theinternetnomad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I just successfully downgraded my new 3ds xl to 9.2.20U, wanting to install custom firmware on my device. I've been following the various guides posted on this site, however I'm a little lost as to what I should go for in terms of choosing a custom firmware. I don't know what NAND or EMUNAND means, but I keep hearing it's important. I still have all my eshop content on my 3ds, and I've heard that it is easy to lose them if I don't back them up? I just want to have a way to access all my purchased content and play online while still being on custom firmware with the ability to run unsigned cia's. what are my options?

theinternetnomad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you mean this?

Hope it was what you were looking for.

thank you, this looks like a good start.

*update*

hmm, whenever I access the gateway site it doesn't load, probably because I'm on a new 3ds? thanks anyway! I guess I'll wait it out and see if there are other methods

Last edited by theinternetnomad,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

*update*

hmm, whenever I access the gateway site it doesn't load, probably because I'm on a new 3ds? thanks anyway! I guess I'll wait it out and see if there are other methods
weird, it could be that or you are doing something wrong...

gonna leave this reply to see if someone with true knowledge could help you.

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

*update*

New 3ds can´t access to the gateway site by the internet browser you need to install menuhax for that

Reactions: theinternetnomad

theinternetnomad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New 3ds can´t access to the gateway site by the internet browser you need to install menuhax for that

thanks! That did it, now to play the waiting game. if anyone needs the launcher, just download it from the gateway site.

*update*

I've followed the video and made it to the very end, however upon launching rxtool, I just get a black screen..

Last edited by theinternetnomad,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've followed the video and made it to the very end, however upon launching rxtool, I just get a black screen..

how do i boot into emunand? I thought that's what rxtool was for, which isn't working for me.
when you made emunand you had menuhax installed on sysnand so it is on emunand now when rxtools is booting emunand hold the button you set to skip menuhax
when emunand boots change theme to remove the menuhax
also if this is a n3ds you should use this guide [Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT

Last edited by wormdood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica