Cave Story (CS2EX) EX

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so a little update so I have been trying to get this to work using the wuhb and also through the hb channel rpx and both just black screen.

A few minutes ago I suddenly remembered earlier in the thread @Lostbhoy had posted a channel version so I thought might as well give that a bash as tried everything else. And now this :rofl2: beginning to think I will never get to play the game on the WiiU lol.

View attachment 365760
that is the error for when sig patches aren't installed. other than that, I have no idea what could be wrong.
Post automatically merged:

btw, remember, it takes a few moments to load assets if you're getting a black screen.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you want me, don't you? :P
So true lol. But it would end like this

unrequited-love.gif

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put the data folder with all the game's files inside the CSE2-portable-en folder on the root of the SD card, but it just gets stuck on the loading screen and I get the following error.log file:

/vol/external01/CSE2-enhanced-en/data/Resource/BITMAP/pixel.png,1
/vol/external01/CSE2-enhanced-en/data/Resource/BITMAP/Credit01.png,1

I'm assuming that I'm missing those 2 png files but after searching a bit I can't seem to find them.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
rpx and wuhb. you need the assets on the root. this doesn't contain them. also, the wuhb, which is designed to return to the wiiu menu upon exit, has infinite loading, which the dev will likely never fix as this is 3 or 4 years old, so power down. the rpx, returning to the homebrew launcher through tiramisu, should work fine upon exit.
I made my own .wuhb I honestly don't think I have had that issue will test it later I mean I could share the link but it contains all the files needed.

Also made my version ages ago and seems perfectly fine.

Here's mine anyway if you want to test
https://mega.nz/file/FpdCmJ7D#RmmCm4NZYTAFNQqbof2qO1jZnPXeLxBBAL345pHf1Vc

Made 10th September 2022
@godreborn
Sent from my 2201122G using Tapatalk

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
it exits correctly? how did you build the rpx?
Yeah exits fine but if you try and quit through main menu it crashes but hitting home button and then exiting to home works fine as for the RPX I honestly can't remember but I do have the RPX version if you want link however you will need everything else for it to work properly.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I start the .rpx from HBL, it get the normal loading screen but after a few seconds it kicks me back to HBL. I’m running Tiramisu if that makes any difference.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
When I start the .rpx from HBL, it get the normal loading screen but after a few seconds it kicks me back to HBL. I’m running Tiramisu if that makes any difference.
With the .rpx you need the game files also.
My .wuhb version has it all packaged together

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the .rpx you need the game files also.
My .wuhb version has it all packaged together

I have the game files from the PC version in (SD root)\CSE2-enhanced-en\data\ .
.wuhb files don’t work with Tiramisu and I don’t want to switch to Aroma if it’s not necessary.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the game files from the PC version in (SD root)\CSE2-enhanced-en\data\ .
.wuhb files don’t work with Tiramisu and I don’t want to switch to Aroma if it’s not necessary.
Personally i find aroma to be the best it's most supported going forward and tbh takes minimal effort you can keep both and choose which to boot by holding X on boot I also have other games in .wuhb like Sonic 1, 2, Mania, CD, SM64, Cave story, Ship of harkinian saves having additional clutter on SD card as it's all packaged in .wuhb and acts like it's an official Game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up