flo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi , i have a Wii-U on 2.1.3e software , trying to update it via Splatoon disc i get an 199-9999 error ( same error with Mario Kart 8 ) , when i try to update it online i get error 105-4035. Browser works ok , same with vWii Mode

Any ideas ?

Last edited by flo,
Reactions: KiiWii

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
is your vwii hacked? maybe it was hacked and someone putted a bad vwii ios and now your wiiu cant update.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EDIT: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wf...?error_code=105-4035&system=Wiiu&locale=en_US edited again

Error Code: 105-4035
Situation:

• The update stops during download and the error message "Unable to connect to server" is displayed.
    What to do:
    • Review our Network Status page.
      If the Wii U Nintendo eShop service is undergoing maintenance, you will receive this error code when attempting to perform a system update. Click here to view our Network Status page.

• Check for wireless interference.
      Wireless interference between your Wii U and wireless router may be causing the download to time-out.

As an easy solution, try moving the Wii U into the same room as your wireless router during the update, and then moving the Wii U back once the update is complete.

If you are unable to do this, try our more extensive wireless interference troubleshooting. [How to]

• Manually enter network your IP address and DNS settings into your Wii U.
      Entering your network information into the Wii U my improve your connection with your network and allow the update to complete. [How to]

Still Not Resolved:
    • If the issue persists, please contact us at 1-800-255-3700. Specially trained representatives will be available to assist you, 6:00am - 7:00pm (PST), seven days a week.

The closest one I could find.

Maybe Nintendo are updating their update servers.........

Last edited by KiiWii,

flo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm trying to update to the latest firmware online , my friend has been trying the same for a month , i don't think there's an issue with their servers . I don't know what firmware is in the disc , i think 5.3.2

The vWii part had some cios , i reinstalled them just to make sure , still no luck in WiiU .
There's no Nintendo ID on the console but i don't think that matters , should i try one ? Also , the shop on vWii doesnt work , i get an error to consult the manual ..

I hope all these clues lead to a conclusion

Last edited by flo,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm trying to update to the latest firmware online , my friend has been trying the same for a month , i don't think there's an issue with their servers . I don't know what firmware is in the disc , i think 5.3.2

The vWii part had some cios , i reinstalled them just to make sure , still no luck in WiiU .
There's no Nintendo ID on the console but i don't think that matters , should i try one ? Also , the shop on vWii doesnt work , i get an error to consult the manual ..

I hope all these clues lead to a conclusion
Likely something is wrong with your vWii's IOS causing it to be unable to update.
Post a syscheck: https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, none of them belong there. IOS in vWii should show as vIOS in syscheck. This is pretty screwed. Did someone run pimpmywii or something? Who the hell would change all their vIOS? Anyway, thats why it wont update. You need to get hold of ALL the original vIOS and reinstall them all.

flo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
I was using an older version of Syscheck , here is the new log http://imgur.com/a/uPXLB
They do show up as vIOS .
I compared to info found here http://wiiki.wii-homebrew.com/VWii and found minor differences ( chart is updated for 5.x.x i think )

IOS 59 - mine is v7201 , should be v9249

IOS 62 - mine is v6430 , should be v6942 ( strange thing is the Wii version is v6430 , maybe this is the "faulty" one if vWii never had a v6430 ?)
Another thing i noticed , Wii shop doesn't work in vWii mode , and Wii Shop needs IOS 62 to work . So , should i install the proper version v6942 ?

Last edited by flo,

flo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
I reinstalled vIOS 59 and 62 with their correct files , still can't update . Any point in reinstalling all vIOS if their numbers are correct ?
aWii Shop in vWii does not work ( does it need an account in WiiU Shop to work ?)

Console is second-hand and does not have a Nintendo ID ( if the former owner had one and formatted the console did this erase the pairing ? )

- Could faulty hardware cause the update errors ? ( everything seems to work though .. dvdrom , bluetooth , Wifi )

Other ideas ?

This is the disc update error https://vid.me/kpP4 , you might think it's a faulty drive but it also errors in wifi update

flo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
i reinstalled all IOSes except 33 , 37 and 55 , vWii is clean but still no change . I see some people also had update problems but it was caused by routers , never read about disc updates failing

I also received this opinion on irc

"there is a problem updating to a firmware 3.00 and up , it's caused by the DRC update "

Anyone knows what this is about ? Could an update with 3.0.1 work ?

Last edited by flo,

flo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Same problem with a black Wii U with 1.0.3E , slight differences though :

- update from wifi fails right away with error 105-3155
- update from disc fails at 29 % with error 162-3147

Wii mode requires an update , doesn't even start , so i don't there's some kind of brick there .

Is there a known issue the failed updating from older firmwares ? Should i try an incremential update like 2.1.1 or 3.0.1 ?

I tried with a 3.1.0 game and it didn't work

Last edited by flo,

flo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Anyone with an idea ? Was there ever a problem with the country where you perform an online update ( didnt work from specific countries ?) . I think this console has the launch firmware , i remember reading an update was mandatory then . Maybe future updates require having that mandatory one installed and that is why they fail ?

flo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
I didn't rob any truck that supplied stores for launch day :D

These are just consoles of friends , i returned the first one because i gave up on it but i'd really like to update this one

D

Deleted User

Ok, probably stupid question but do you have a DNS or is your router blocking firmware updates?

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing jumps out from the syscheck. Honestly I would reset the thing to factory settings if it will let you do that without updating. Then try again. I am betting it's some sort of corrupted update data. Quick Google search shows that other than just waiting for it to magically fix itself, thats the most common fix for that error code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...