Homebrew Can't Update FBI, and Can't Launch Luma?

FIuveeX

out of service!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why does this have 10k+ views? I mean, thanks I guess???

Hey, I'm having trouble with FBI and checking updates. Whenever I select "Update", I get this error:

Failed to check for update.
Result code: 0xD8A0A03C
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid state (5)
Module: HTTP (40)
Desc: Failed to verify TLS certificate (60)

Everything but that works. I'm trying to check for updates due to my Tomodachi Life being unable to launch. I receive a crash error (I've had this error since last year).

Luma: Doesn't launch properly via app. The menu where you hold SELECT during boot works fine, but the app doesn't. Also tried to check for updates for my Tomodachi copy, I get this:

Trying detection of current payload version...
Loaded existing payload in memory, searching for version number...
Downloading [the link for Luma]

Could not get status code
Ret code: -660561860

FATAL ERROR
Failed to obtain required data.

Press START to exit.

It will load for about 5 seconds, then I'll get this error. I have no idea what's even going on..

My system version is 11.6.0-39E. New 3DS XL.

Last edited by FIuveeX,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm having trouble with FBI and checking updates. Whenever I select "Update", I get this error:

Everything but that works. I'm trying to check for updates due to my Tomodachi Life being unable to launch. I receive a crash error (I've had this error since last year).

Luma: Doesn't launch properly via app. The menu where you hold SELECT during boot works fine, but the app doesn't. Also tried to check for updates for my Tomodachi copy, I get this:

FATAL ERROR

Press START to exit.

It will load for about 5 seconds, then I'll get this error. I have no idea what's even going on..

you need to update fbi and luma updater manually because a github update broke most of the auto-updaters

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That app is the Luma updater, it errors due to the same error that stopped FBI (Github TLS 1.1 Revoke). Just about the only thing still working is freeShop, which uses Notabug instead of Github.

There is a new Luma Updater available now that does work though: https://github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases

FIuveeX

out of service!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That app is the Luma updater, it errors due to the same error that stopped FBI (Github TLS 1.1 Revoke). Just about the only thing still working is freeShop, which uses Notabug instead of Github.

There is a new Luma Updater available now that does work though: https://github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases
(I got Tomodachi from FreeShop because I lost my cart in a small house fire, so maybe it doesn't work because of that...)
Hm, that sucks. I'll try to fix it, damn you, Github.

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the link for the FBI and I'll have to re inject it into health and safety forgot how to do that

rosenzweigluci

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

FATAL ERROR

Press START to exit.

Hi, I'm having literally the same problem and I still can't solve it. Have anyone figured this out yet? Thanks.

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you say manually install it means i got to go into the fbi and luma to update it myself?? ugh. well ive installed that luma updater thru cia from that page. but fbi still doesnt have a a way to update it. still gives this error that the op had. so whats going on? i need to update this.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you say manually install it means i got to go into the fbi and luma to update it myself?? ugh. well ive installed that luma updater thru cia from that page. but fbi still doesnt have a a way to update it. still gives this error that the op had. so whats going on? i need to update this.

If you're trying to update or install FBI, it comes in two flavors (.3dsx) and (.cia). Latest release can be found here.
  • The .3dsx version is manually updated by dragging and derping that file to the /3ds/FBI/ folder directory on your SD card. This is the one you access through the Homebrew Launcher.
  • The .cia version is the one that has its own HOME Menu icon. I think the only way to update it is, ironically, installing it through the .3dsx version.
  • You can also elect to inject the .cia version of FBI into Health & Safety through GodMode9:
    [3ds.hack.guide] Injecting any .CIA app into Health & Safety
As for updating Luma3DS, the latest stable version is v9.0 . If you've ran the Luma Updater, you probably are up to date. To check what version you're using, turn on the 3DS and hold the (Select) button. It should boot into Luma3DS v9.0 configuration.
  • You can manually update Luma3DS by dragg and derping its boot.3dsx file to the root of SD card. Latest release is here.

Reactions: Latyana

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're trying to update or install FBI, it comes in two flavors (.3dsx) and (.cia). Latest release can be found here.
  • The .3dsx version is manually updated by dragging and derping that file to the /3ds/FBI/ folder directory on your SD card. This is the one you access through the Homebrew Launcher.
  • The .cia version is the one that has its own HOME Menu icon. I think the only way to update it is, ironically, installing it through the .3dsx version.
  • You can also elect to inject the .cia version of FBI into Health & Safety through GodMode9:
    [3ds.hack.guide] Injecting any .CIA app into Health & Safety
As for updating Luma3DS, the latest stable version is v9.0 . If you've ran the Luma Updater, you probably are up to date. To check what version you're using, turn on the 3DS and hold the (Select) button. It should boot into Luma3DS v9.0 configuration.
  • You can manually update Luma3DS by dragg and derping its boot.3dsx file to the root of SD card. Latest release is here.
Tyvm for the help. XD it's finally all been updated thankfully

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjocrCuXN-w