Hacking can't to install to cios 250 (dx2) automatic fail? please help!!

goldsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have to checked to see if it worked without 250? Just to be sure you need it or not

i did all games went straight to black screen and controller gets disconnected which then requires a hard reset. even if i use cfg loader the game just freezes

Reactions: swabbo

goldsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's good to hear ;) Let's just hope all your games work :)[/Q
when i used to hack wiis i used to install is 236 then use it to install all the other stuff

i did that afterwards but then i unistall the cios with dx2 installer which i guess permanently deleted both ios 250 and 236

Last edited by goldsoul,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Reactions: fledge68

goldsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error in bold means error mounting source filesystem, which means whatever drive the .wad file is on isn't compatible with your .wad installer.

im using fat32 even if that was the problem why dx2 fail to install cios 250 and usually it work

Last edited by goldsoul,

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
im using fat32

I used to have the same problem as you when installing .wad files, but in my case, it was because I was using a SanDisk Cruzer Glide Flash Drive (example), which most .wad managers seem to have issues with. After switching to one of these, the problem completely went away (after formatting as FAT32, that is).

It also could be the cluster size on your flash drive. Some games are REALLY finicky about the cluster size, including my personal favorite, Metroid Prime Trilogy, which almost REQUIRED 32KB sectors. It randomly froze sometimes with the Gamecube recommended 64KB/sector, and had a 50/50 chance of booting to a black screen if I used Windows' default cluster size.

Try using an application called 'FAT32 GUI Formatter' to format your drives. It should be available as a download through ModMii. Just insert your drive, backup your drive's contents on your PC somewhere, open the application, choose your drive's letter, choose '32768', and optionally, uncheck 'Quick Format'. Click Start (if you did the optional step, it will take about an hour for a 32GB flash drive), and when it is finished, copy back your files that you backed up on your PC. Insert your drive into your Wii USB port, and try installing again.

goldsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have the same problem as you when installing .wad files, but in my case, it was because I was using a SanDisk Cruzer Glide Flash Drive (example), which most .wad managers seem to have issues with. After switching to one of these, the problem completely went away (after formatting as FAT32, that is).

It also could be the cluster size on your flash drive. Some games are REALLY finicky about the cluster size, including my personal favorite, Metroid Prime Trilogy, which almost REQUIRED 32KB sectors. It randomly froze sometimes with the Gamecube recommended 64KB/sector, and had a 50/50 chance of booting to a black screen if I used Windows' default cluster size.

Try using an application called 'FAT32 GUI Formatter' to format your drives. It should be available as a download through ModMii. Just insert your drive, backup your drive's contents on your PC somewhere, open the application, choose your drive's letter, choose '32768', and optionally, uncheck 'Quick Format'. Click Start (if you did the optional step, it will take about an hour for a 32GB flash drive), and when it is finished, copy back your files that you backed up on your PC. Insert your drive into your Wii USB port, and try installing again.

the gsmes work on sd so i know it had something to do with my flash drive but my question can i refresh my wii to a point when all ios were in there original state.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes