Hacking can't to install to cios 250 (dx2) automatic fail? please help!!

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to refresh the wii to get my original ios slots back such as 250 and 236

If IOS236 is removed, you can't install cIOS .wads until you use Multi Mod Manager to reinstall IOS36 with the proper patches, then use IOS236 Installer v5 Mod to install IOS236 again. Put Multi Mod Manager's and IOS236 Installer v5 Mod's folders in a folder called Apps on your Wii SD card, and put your cIOS .wad files in a folder called wad on your Wii SD card. Open the Homebrew Channel, then press the 1 button on your Wii Remote and choose SD if it isn't already selected, then load MMM. Choose 'Install & Patch IOS36', and choose 'get from Nintendo Servers/NUS' for everything. Finally, return to HBC and run 'IOS236 Installer v5 Mod', again choosing Nintendo Servers/NUS if prompted. When it is finished, open Multi Mod Manager, and tell it to use IOS236. Install your cIOS .wad using Multi Mod Manager's built-in WAD Manager, then it should work.

Also, if the method above doesn't work, then you actually DID delete your cIOS. To fix it, you'll need to follow the steps below. I once had to stub 2 cIOS (it was 222 & 223), but actually REMOVED them, and got the same problem until I installed 'stub' 222 & 223.

You'll need to go to advanced downloads in ModMii, then type 'U' and press Enter, then tell it these options (press Enter after each one): 250, *, A, 250, Y, D, Y, O. Copy the file titled 'IOS250vNEW[FS-ES-NP-VP]-slot250.wad' in the resulting \COPY_TO_SD\WAD\ folder that ModMii opens to your SD:/wad/ folder, and install it with MMM, then install the cIOS you want with d2x installer (or, optionally, download it with ModMii, and install it with MMM).

goldsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If IOS236 is removed, you can't install cIOS .wads until you use Multi Mod Manager to reinstall IOS36 with the proper patches, then use IOS236 Installer v5 Mod to install IOS236 again. Put Multi Mod Manager's and IOS236 Installer v5 Mod's folders in a folder called Apps on your Wii SD card, and put your cIOS .wad files in a folder called wad on your Wii SD card. Open the Homebrew Channel, then press the 1 button on your Wii Remote and choose SD if it isn't already selected, then load MMM. Choose 'Install & Patch IOS36', and choose 'get from Nintendo Servers/NUS' for everything. Finally, return to HBC and run 'IOS236 Installer v5 Mod', again choosing Nintendo Servers/NUS if prompted. When it is finished, open Multi Mod Manager, and tell it to use IOS236. Install your cIOS .wad using Multi Mod Manager's built-in WAD Manager, then it should work.

Also, if the method above doesn't work, then you actually DID delete your cIOS. To fix it, you'll need to follow the steps below. I once had to stub 2 cIOS (it was 222 & 223), but actually REMOVED them, and got the same problem until I installed 'stub' 222 & 223.

You'll need to go to advanced downloads in ModMii, then type 'U' and press Enter, then tell it these options (press Enter after each one): 250, *, A, 250, Y, D, Y, O. Copy the file titled 'IOS250vNEW[FS-ES-NP-VP]-slot250.wad' in the resulting \COPY_TO_SD\WAD\ folder that ModMii opens to your SD:/wad/ folder, and install it with MMM, then install the cIOS you want with d2x installer (or, optionally, download it with ModMii, and install it with MMM).

after i reinstall ios36 can i then reintstall ios 236 and 250

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States

Hopefully. But if you actually did remove the cIOS, I think that getting it back will require the steps in my post above. I could be wrong, and there could be a totally different way to achieve the same result, but in my one-time case, those steps are the only thing that worked for me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Be back in about an hour. My show is coming on. :/

goldsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully. But if you actually did remove the cIOS, I think that getting it back will require the steps in my post above. I could be wrong, and there could be a totally different way to achieve the same result, but in my one-time case, those steps are the only thing that worked for me.

Be back in about an hour. My show is coming on. :/

i think the third option is the one i'm looking for.

goldsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wait do i choose max or no?

wait do i choose max version 65535 or no?

goldsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either onewould probably work, but I think I kept the default version, so choose No.
it work but it created a stub and also i use 249 because 58 did work. So i try to overwrite the stub using dx2 cios installer but it still failed. dx2 uses ios 58 also which could mean something is wrong with ios 58

i can't get the first option to work either it only crashes mmm

my only started acting weird after installing 236

it crashes right after title content 19/19 which is odd

it work but it created a stub and also i use 249 because 58 did work. So i try to overwrite the stub using dx2 cios installer but it still failed. dx2 uses ios 58 also which could mean something is wrong with ios 58

i can't get the first option to work either it only crashes mmm

my wii only started acting weird after installing 236

it crashes right after title content 19/19 which is odd

cios 249 install and overwrites perfectly though so i don't get it but i got to christmas to figure this out

Last edited by goldsoul,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool