PS1/2 Can't seem to successfully play backups

finalriches

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I've tried trouble shooting myself and came here hoping to maybe get some help.

So I dusted off the old ps2 recently and acquired a fmcb v1.962 card, along with a premodded ps2 network adapter so I can use a sata drive. I formatted a old extra WD (2007) 250gb drive I had lying around that i pulled from a working computer with winhip and also installed hdboot.

It looked like I did everything properly, as Mcboot, Hdboot and every application opened fined. I even successfully added my iso backups from the computer, along with ripping a couple of games directly from the ps2 with hdloader.

However whenever I attempt to load and play a game with OPL or HD loader i start having a lot of issues. First off any game i ripped directly from the ps2 gets nothing but a black screen despite it ripping without errors, and any backups ripped from the computer only load partially sometimes (and sometimes get a green screen). Best luck I had was getting one race in on Gran Turismo 3 before getting stuck at a loading screen.

I honestly have no clue what the issue is, and my only guess is maybe my old hardrive is giving me issues (which i planned to upgrade soon).

if anyone can help in anyway it would be much appreciated.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello all. I've tried trouble shooting myself and came here hoping to maybe get some help.

So I dusted off the old ps2 recently and acquired a fmcb v1.962 card, along with a premodded ps2 network adapter so I can use a sata drive. I formatted a old extra WD (2007) 250gb drive I had lying around that i pulled from a working computer with winhip and also installed hdboot.

It looked like I did everything properly, as Mcboot, Hdboot and every application opened fined. I even successfully added my iso backups from the computer, along with ripping a couple of games directly from the ps2 with hdloader.

However whenever I attempt to load and play a game with OPL or HD loader i start having a lot of issues. First off any game i ripped directly from the ps2 gets nothing but a black screen despite it ripping without errors, and any backups ripped from the computer only load partially sometimes (and sometimes get a green screen). Best luck I had was getting one race in on Gran Turismo 3 before getting stuck at a loading screen.

I honestly have no clue what the issue is, and my only guess is maybe my old hardrive is giving me issues (which i planned to upgrade soon).

if anyone can help in anyway it would be much appreciated.
when using OPL go to the game push Triangle and run it using MDMA or UDMA 0. It usually works that way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, And you too :) +1