Can't play my dump of NES Remix Pack on my PAL Wii (Tiramisu)

metal_slugger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
(title should read "PAL Wii U")
I just received Nes Remix Pack from the USA on disc. I have just done a virgin mod of my Wii U with latest Tiramisu and everything is working fine so far except for this one game.
I dump the disc on to SD card using WUDD as usuall (in .app format), then install the dump using "WUP Installer GX" to external USB drive.
The game icon shows up on home screen as all the other discs I dumped do (from my PAL collection) but when starting the game hangs on the initial intro screen showing tiled NES characters and chiptune music plays but then it stays like that for ever and the console becomes unresponsive, I have to power-off to get out of it.
I am new to Wii U modding and have dumped / installed all my PAL discs with no issues so I can only asume this problem is something to do with NES Remix Pack being a USA release. Is there anything I can do?
Thanks
Post automatically merged:

OK I think I just sorted this out myself, I used Spiik to set my Wii U region from EUR to USA and the game is now loading fine. I guess I was expecting Tiramisu to have catered for this region disparity automatically, but now I know this is not the case for some games....

Last edited by metal_slugger,

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I guess I was expecting Tiramisu to have catered for this region disparity automatically, but now I know this is not the case for some games....

Tiramisu will just let you run any region titles, but whether those titles will work depends on how they were programmed. If the developers made incorrect assumptions about your console (like that it's the correct region), games can easily break. Aroma is more suited to this sort of thing, as it comes with a dedicated region-free plugin which essentially does what you were hoping Tiramisu would. From the user end, it pretty much just makes all out-of-region titles work.

metal_slugger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tiramisu will just let you run any region titles, but whether those titles will work depends on how they were programmed. If the developers made incorrect assumptions about your console (like that it's the correct region), games can easily break. Aroma is more suited to this sort of thing, as it comes with a dedicated region-free plugin which essentially does what you were hoping Tiramisu would. From the user end, it pretty much just makes all out-of-region titles work.
Thanks, I will look in Aroma if needed later. For now, using Spiik is fine with me as this is probably the only USA-only disc I will ever get.

Last edited by metal_slugger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol