Hacking Can't install channels/titles

nib0rrr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I followed the Noob guide and all seemed to go well. Ik installed Haxchi and CBHC as explained in the tutorial. After booting item says i'm on firmware 99.99.9E so everything looks ok.

The problem ik encounter now is that i can't install channels or titles with loader GX as explained in the tutorial. My WiiU just get stuck when trying to install and needs to reboot. It doesn't matter trying to install to a external hdd or nand memory. Im using a 2GB Sd which i tried formatted ad fat and fat 32.

The following methods i tried. I tried them without having an external hdd connected. Also i redownloaded the channel install packages from the guide multiple times to ensure they were not corrupted.

- installing booting straight to homebrew loader (HB) thru CBHC menu then opening GX.
- opening HB then GX thru site loadiine.com\kafluke
- opening HB then GX thru site wiiubru.com\go

I don't know what to try anymore and after 4 hours i'm getting desperate. So any help will really be appreciated.

Last edited by nib0rrr,
D

Deleted User

Now, I will ask you some questions!
  • Game size
  • Error message in Wup Installer GX2/Y mod
  • Is External HDD formatted to Wii U format?
  • Are you running CFW environment?
Also, SDCard needs to be formatted to FAT32/32kb cluster size.

nib0rrr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They files I tried to install were the following :
The GX loader channel (9MB) to external HDD with GX > failed wihout error, WiiU just hangs and disconnects from my home cinema receiver.
Homebrew Launcher Channel (8MB) to nand failed wihout error, WiiU just hangs and disconnects from my home cinema receiver.
Mario Maker (921MB) to nand failed wihout error, WiiU just hangs and disconnects from my home cinema receiver.same

So I always have the problem that my WiiU hangs when starting an install.

On my sd card I have the following programs installed
-Homebrew Launcher
-Homebrew app store
-Haxchi
-GX installer

External HDD is formatted by the WiiU itself.
I don't use any CFW except Haxchi with coldboot set to boot to system menu like the guide said.

Last edited by nib0rrr,
D

Deleted User

They files I tried to install were the following :
The GX loader channel (9MB) to external HDD with GX > failed wihout error, WiiU just hangs and disconnects from my home cinema receiver.
Homebrew Launcher Channel (8MB) to nand failed wihout error, WiiU just hangs and disconnects from my home cinema receiver.
Mario Maker (921MB) to nand failed wihout error, WiiU just hangs and disconnects from my home cinema receiver.same

So I always have the problem that my WiiU hangs when starting an install.

On my sd card I have the following programs installed
-Homebrew Launcher
-Homebrew app store
-Haxchi
-GX installer

External HDD is formatted by the WiiU itself.
I don't use any CFW except Haxchi with coldboot set to boot to system menu like the guide said.
Download Wup Installer Y Mod or Wup Installer GX2 and try again.
Look at your gamepad to see if it really hangs, it might only lose connection to HDMI receiver.

nib0rrr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will try to redownload again. The WiiU really hangs and also the gamepad turns black and loose connection to the WiiU.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you try a different SD card?

When you launch WUP Installer GX2 from HBL do you see your game listed in the install menu?

Also, loading HBL straight from CBHC will boot you to HBL without CFW and you won't be able to install channels

nib0rrr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you try a different SD card?

When you launch WUP Installer GX2 from HBL do you see your game listed in the install menu?

Also, loading HBL straight from CBHC will boot you to HBL without CFW and you won't be able to install channels

Yes i do see al the files and can select them and everything works untill i press install. I knew about booting straight to HBL is without CFW but i tried it because the rest wouldn't work also. Could you explain to me wat is the proper way to enter HBL when booted to CFW thru CBHC.

I will also try to format my SD card today with an other program as the standard windows formatter. This worked for me in the past with the Wii.

I do noticed something strange about my CBHC installment. I read multiple times that it will change the channel logo of Haxchi to something as "Do not touch this". My channel just still says Haxchi. Don't know if this is relevant because he does boots to CFW 99.99.9.E

Last edited by nib0rrr,

nib0rrr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I reformatted 2 separate sd cards again in Fat32 and downloaded wup installer y mod. Again I can open the program but as soon I tried to install an title/channel it hangs. But this time with an error code 160-0130 error and later I tried again and got 160-1710 , both system memory errors. After a quick google search I realised I'm probably screwed :S
I now removed CBHC (worked) and tried to remove the haxchi channel thru settings>data management>system memory and..... again the error code 160-1710.

Now I knew my system nand is partly corrupted so I did the thing I read everywhere you shouldn't do. I choose the option in the settings menu to erase all. Now my system is stuck in this loop and I sent it to Nintendo today. So hopefully the can't see I messed with the system and are able to repair it.

nib0rrr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will glady do the if i know how and if i will ever get it back.

I'm out of warranty so curious with what price they come up with for repair. Hey told me when a new printplate is needed it will be a little over 100 euros (125$). He also said sometimes a reboot with there equipment could be enough.But the initial control/analysis is free. If the repairs is to costly i don't know what to do yet.

Thanks for al the help so far and I will keep you updated.

nib0rrr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thats what i read on the internet and told the service operator but it could be al lot of things he said. Probably just so they don't have to pay for their own design faults. My WiiU is from december 2012 production. Hardly ever booted up the console myself, but my 5 year old son just loves mario maker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P