Hacking Cant acces gateway menu any longer. Haven´t used my new 3ds XL for 18 months

mUppenbart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello good people!

Haven´t used my Gateway New 3ds in more than 18 months and now when i try to boot it, it wont enter into the GW mode. I remember having to hold L or R button while booting but nothing happens and i cant find any relevant info how to enter gateway menu to boot into emunand.

Any pointers/guides would be awesome since Yoshi game is releasing soon and i know my wife will steal my Switch and i really need a portable device (3ds) for work.

Tried asking around in the noob thread, but got only one idiot reply.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're going to keep getting advised to discontinue using the Gateway 3DS flashcart because it is more trouble than it's worth than Luma CFW only setup.

mUppenbart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ok then. Sorry wasn´t aware of the hate gateway is getting from gba-temp. All i know is i have a microsdxc-card with over 128gb of .3ds files and some cia-files installed. Also worried about my saves, and i´m not interested in the latest official firmware (yet), and will probably never be. I just want to continue play like i did 18 months ago and no one seems to help me pointing me in the right direction.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadly if your system is updated too far, you can't use gateway anymore and they've ceased to update it. I wish otherwise, but the cfw guide and installing games as cia is really all you can do if the gw mode doesn't work. sorry.

eta:yeah it sucks when you've got a card already full and have to turn everything to cia and worse yet converting saves which is such a hassle I only wound up transferring the saves I really thought I was going to need.

Last edited by tbb043,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok then. Sorry wasn´t aware of the hate gateway is getting from gba-temp. All i know is i have a microsdxc-card with over 128gb of .3ds files and some cia-files installed. Also worried about my saves, and i´m not interested in the latest official firmware (yet), and will probably never be. I just want to continue play like i did 18 months ago and no one seems to help me pointing me in the right direction.
Apologies from the rest of the community in the rather non-serious reply you received earlier in the noob thread. You are correct in your assessment that gateway and other 3DS flashcarts are * NOT recommended or supported here in this forum.

You're better off hacking the 3DS with Luma3DS custom firmware using this guide depending on your 3DS firmware version, the easiest free method being Fredminer. There's a way to 9.2.0 CTRTransfer your EmuNAND to get Gateway working again, but I only suggest this so that you can backup the game saves with JKSM, Checkpoint, or SaveDataFiler from the cart and then import them over to aa migrated HOME Menu CIAs setup.

Edit - * Post edit, missing a word.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

mUppenbart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Apologies from the rest of the community in the rather non-serious reply you received earlier in the noob thread.

Thank you TurdPooCharger and no need for apologies since you guys are awesome 99.9 percent of the time when someone needs some tech-support. TBH this community is one of the warmest and i would reccomend it to anyone.

When it comes to Luma i understand it´s the most ideal thing to do, but too much hustle for me making it not worth it when the gateway used to work and just stopped without any reason whatsoever.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you TurdPooCharger and no need for apologies since you guys are awesome 99.9 percent of the time when someone needs some tech-support. TBH this community is one of the warmest and i would reccomend it to anyone.

When it comes to Luma i understand it´s the most ideal thing to do, but too much hustle for me making it not worth it when the gateway used to work and just stopped without any reason whatsoever.
I get your point but it's actually going to be easier to set up luma than it will be to get your gateway working again. It really is quite easy to set up luma and a lot less hassle than it seems.

Reactions: mUppenbart

mUppenbart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Allright! My problem is solved. I remembered installing soundhax in 2016, so i could load the homebrew launcher and then reaching gateway mode. Will probably use soundhax until it´s time to dump Gateway totally, which quite often refuses to read the red card. Got to use some special technique inserting the damn card itself.

Thank you AmandaRose, TurdPooCharger and TBB043 for trying to help me out. If you believe in internetkarma your help won´t go unrewarded. ;)

Last edited by mUppenbart,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright