hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
img1.png
Play early, buy early!

To celebrate the launch of the new Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo will be hosting events in Toronto and Vancouver on Sat:, March 26th, from 6:00pm to 12:00 am. There will be multiple Nintendo 3DS gaming stations onsite with a wide selection of 3D games such as Face Raiders, Pilotwings Resort, nintendogs + cats, Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition plus many more...

Arrive early for your chance to win free Nintendo 3DS toques and t-shirts (while supplies last). In Toronto, Virgin Radio will be onsite giving away Nintendo 3DS systems on the hour. Make sure to enter onsite for your chance to win!

Once you've had a chance to play Nintendo 3DS, stop by Future Shop Yonge-Dundas or Future Shop on Robson to buy the Nintendo 3DS early... These locations will be open at 12:00 am.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source, location list

Here's a list of locations for the 3DS Canadian tour. The tour will take place in Toronto, Vancouver, Mississauga, Richmond, Coquitlam, and Montreal.
Some locations listed have already to demoed the 3DS. So this news is a little late.
It looks like they're giving away 3DSes at the launch events. Additionally, the Future Shop stores near the Vancouver and Toronto events will be open for midnight 3DS sales.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
What's the point in going to these stations when you can easily find 3DS stations set up somewhere a bit closer to home within two days after release? Well, I suppose it'll be interesting for the midnight launch... I doubt I'll be going on an hour trip downtown just for the 3DS launch though.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CarbonX13 said:
What's the point in going to these stations when you can easily find 3DS stations set up somewhere a bit closer to home within two days after release? Well, I suppose it'll be interesting for the midnight launch... I doubt I'll be going on an hour trip downtown just for the 3DS launch though.
They had demoes this weekend, and there are a few events happening this week leading up to the 20th. It's just that the pre-launch events are usually the biggest.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vidboy10 said:
Doesn't 6pm seem to late?
That's the times for the launch event. It lasts from 6pm until the midnight launch.
There are other events taking place on different days, so that timeframe doesn't apply to all of the events.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
YayMii said:
CarbonX13 said:
They had demoes this weekend, and there are a few events happening this week leading up to the 20th. It's just that the pre-launch events are usually the biggest.
Yeah I just noticed it after I scrolled down, lol.

I might go to the Metrotown one this week...

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
Vidboy10 said:
That's the times for the launch event. It lasts from 6pm until the midnight launch.
There are other events taking place on different days, so that timeframe doesn't apply to all of the events.
I see, what will be the times for normal days?

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Vidboy10 said:
YayMii said:
Vidboy10 said:
I see, what will be the times for normal days?
It's in the source...

For Vancouver region it's:
Metrotown - 10:00am to 9:00pm Weekdays, 9:30am to 9:00pm Saturday, and 11:00am to 6:00pm Sunday. Starting 3/14/11 and ending 3/20/11
Silver City Coquitlam - 5:30pm to 10:30pm Friday, 2:00pm to 10:00pm Weekends. Starting 3/18/11 and ends 3/20/11

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If only they announced locations for the 'demo pods'. I don't live anywhere near Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal, so it'd be nice if I could know if I could go to the local Future Shop and check it out.
I only posted this because I signed up for the tour locations e-mail thingy anyway.

bwmat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I went to metrotown for a ds event before it was released. That was pretty cool, they even had donkey konga set up.

The only problem is WHERE in metrotown is it?
If you've ever been there, you'd know the place is HUGE

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
bwmat said:
I went to metrotown for a ds event before it was released. That was pretty cool, they even had donkey konga set up.

Hey, it's the whole point of Metrotown. Walk around with a group of friends and you're bound to have fun going around the place.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bwmat said:

Huge? Hah, that's an understatement. It's like a fucking maze. The only place where you can't get lost, is the top floor with the TGIF's and Theater.

But going there for this event would suck because of the ridiculous amount of people who shop there. It'd be impossible to try the thing before they close.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.