Hacking Can you share SD2Vita with PS TV and Vita?

lovethevita24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone managed to share an SD2VITA card between a Playstation Tv and Vita? This isn't working for me.

I've set up enso 3.65 on a Playstation TV as well as an SD2VITA and it works fine. However when I then setup Enso 3.65 on a VITA 2000 and tried to set up SD2VITA Enso simply crashes on boot.

I take the Sony memory card for my working Playstation TV and the SD2Vita card, put them both in the Enso 3.65 VITA, reboot, and Enso simply crashes. I have to go into safe mode and rebuild the database to get the Vita 2000 working again, and it doesn't read the SD2VITA.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the same adapter but I think that you can't use the same content on two different consoles, basically the important stuff like user data stuff that is stored on ux0.

lovethevita24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the same adapter but I think that you can't use the same content on two different consoles, basically the important stuff like user data stuff that is stored on ux0.

So upon further testing, with the proprietary Sony memory card and a hacked enso 3.65 I can happily swap back and forth between the Playstation TV and the Vita, playing the patched Legend of Heroes Trails of the Sky FC (my test game). But... with an SD2Vita this is not possible in my testing. Swapping just causes the Vita to crash. This kind of makes the SD2Vita useless for my use case, since I want to be able to play games both on the go and on my TV.

If anyone has gotten this to work, let me know, otherwise I might just end up using the memory card I bought for the Sd2Vita in my Nintendo Switch instead and sticking with the proprietary Sony Memory cards for the Vita .

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
As long as the PSN account linked to the memory card is present on both the Vita and the PSTV, you can swap memory cards freely between the two.

Regarding your issue, is your tai config on ux0 or ur0 for both your PSTV and your Vita, or do they use separate paths (ie PSTV uses ux0, Vita uses ur0)? They should be in the same place, with the same SD2Vita plugin for it to work properly. Can't say I've ever seen anyone have issues with it crashing on one and working fine on the other myself.

Reactions: Mayo1990

lovethevita24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as the PSN account linked to the memory card is present on both the Vita and the PSTV, you can swap memory cards freely between the two.

Regarding your issue, is your tai config on ux0 or ur0 for both your PSTV and your Vita, or do they use separate paths (ie PSTV uses ux0, Vita uses ur0)? They should be in the same place, with the same SD2Vita plugin for it to work properly. Can't say I've ever seen anyone have issues with it crashing on one and working fine on the other myself.

Thanks!

I went back and checked everything and realized that on the playstation tv the gamesd.skprx was 2.81 kb while on the vita it was 2.57 kb. Recopying the gameds.skprx to the vita fixed it, I guess the file didn't transfer right before.

MJrolla07

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I didnt want to start a new one, when people that could help are already in one thread. How do I go about this? I just got a PSTV, and am wondering how I too can keep everything uniform between my vita and mt PSTV. Should the bubbles appear upon inserting the SD2VITA into my PSTV? Im really confused about how this would all work. Everything is already set on my vita, I just need to get everything running on my PSTV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JCVDChan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im curious about this too. I would like to move my SD2VITA card from Vita TV to Vita. Im thinking just move the card and remount ux0. If it asks to format use memcardswap. Will this work?

RobotHelper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any chance of resuscitating this thread? In the same boat here.

Hi guys. Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I didnt want to start a new one, when people that could help are already in one thread. How do I go about this? I just got a PSTV, and am wondering how I too can keep everything uniform between my vita and mt PSTV. Should the bubbles appear upon inserting the SD2VITA into my PSTV? Im really confused about how this would all work. Everything is already set on my vita, I just need to get everything running on my PSTV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: SadeyJade

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delete id.dat or unlink the memory card in henkaku settings. both do the same thing. you should be able to use the memory card between them as long as it's the same account.

RobotHelper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
delete id.dat or unlink the memory card in henkaku settings. both do the same thing. you should be able to use the memory card between them as long as it's the same account.
Thanks so much for the reply. I’m looking to swap the sd2vita between vita and Pstv, not the Sony memory card. Is that what you’re talking about?

Also, my sd2vita has been set up and in use on my vita for a few years, while the Pstv is new. Would be nice to be able to pop that sd2vita into the Pstv and use the content already loaded on it. Interested in what groundwork needed to achieve that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, you can either delete the id.dat on the micro sd card's root or use unlink memory card in henkaku settings. both do the same thing. don't worry, the id.dat will be recreated when you put it in the pstv. it contains things like firmware, device id, account id, account name. you can see the stuff if you open it with notepad++.

RobotHelper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, you can either delete the id.dat on the micro sd card's root or use unlink memory card in henkaku settings. both do the same thing. don't worry, the id.dat will be recreated when you put it in the pstv. it contains things like firmware, device id, account id, account name. you can see the stuff if you open it with notepad++.
Awesome, thank you. Do I need to do anything to prep the Pstv? Like make sure internal storage contents resembles that on the vita? Remove the Sony mem card, which I don’t want to use?

lappenhonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Sorry, but what are the prerequisites for the PSTV? What steps do you have to do on a fresh PSTV in order to just swap the SD2Vita? Do you have to put the CFw, Adrenalin and some plugins on first Or is just swapping the card enough?

2tack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a hacked Vita and VitaTV. Both have my PSN account. So I just leverage the cloud saves if I want to play the same game on both.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a hacked Vita and VitaTV. Both have my PSN account. So I just leverage the cloud saves if I want to play the same game on both.
but wouldn't you need psn plus? I'm pretty sure playstation doesn't offer free cloud saving, unlike xbox.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii