Hardware Can You Recommend Enclosure For PS4 HDD?

OrGoN3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've posted this in another thread, but it seems nobody looks there. Let's see if this can gain any traction. I know there has to be somebody on these forums that upgraded their PS4's internal HDD and are now using the old 500GB as an external for their Wii U. I tried with an Orico case, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M08LCXW, but the Wii U refuses to format it no matter what. I suspect it is the bridge, as the hard drive works just fine and I can do what I want with it on a computer (note i already destroyed the tons of partitions from the PS4 and tried with on unformatted partition and one formatted to fat32).

With that being said, has anybody found an inexpensive enclosure that worked on their Wii U with their PS4 hard drive? This would save me from continually purchasing and returning. Thanks!

D

Deleted User

Use Y Cable because Wii U doesn't supply enough power, maybe that's why it doesn't want to format it.

OrGoN3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use Y Cable because Wii U doesn't supply enough power, maybe that's why it doesn't want to format it.

I am using a Y-cable. As I said, the chipset seems to be unsupported. Without a y-cable, the hard drive just clicks and never gets recognized. With the y-cable (and plugged into the wall or Wii U) the hard drive powers up and the Wii U recognizes it as a USB device capable of being formatted, but then it refuses to format.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if this is helpful but i found this.
https://www.amazon.com/OWC-Drive-Upgrade-Sony-PlayStation/dp/B00PG5FHCU

I had consider buying this for myself. Is a ps4 internal HDD upgrade kit, is supposed to come with a 2TB HDD that you can install in the PS4 to replace the 500GB one, so you would install the 2TB HDD and then you can use the 500GB one as a regular portable HDD for anything else, PC, android tv, and i suppose game console. I suppose if you can determine what the specific tool is, then it maybe can help if you find it as a stand alone product for cheap.:unsure:

Includes: 2.0TB 2.5" Seagate/Samsung HDD, OWC Express USB 3.0 Black Enclosure, 8 GB

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1