Hardware Can you hear your Wii U's Fans

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My friend just bought a used but really really good condition Wii U on Kijiji. I've never seen one in real life before so I have no clue what it's meant to sound like. Anyway he is worried because he can hear the fan (it's very quiet yet stable), and is wondering if it is normal. The Wii U is on a computer desk maybe an arms length away. What is sketching him out is that the Wii's fan made no audible noise what so ever.

It doesn't sound like other wii u fan videos online that people post (like it doesn't sound like it's chugging or chopping ect...). We're going to get a game for it tonight. Apparently the disk drive is louder than the fan.

But basically, we're just wondering if the Wii U's fan is mildly audible/can you hear your wii u's fan at all.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My friend just bought a used but really really good condition Wii U on Kijiji. I've never seen one in real life before so I have no clue what it's meant to sound like. Anyway he is worried because he can hear the fan (it's very quiet yet stable), and is wondering if it is normal. The Wii U is on a computer desk maybe an arms length away. What is sketching him out is that the Wii's fan made no audible noise what so ever.

It doesn't sound like other wii u fan videos online that people post (like it doesn't sound like it's chugging or chopping ect...). We're going to get a game for it tonight. Apparently the disk drive is louder than the fan.

But basically, we're just wondering if the Wii U's fan is mildly audible/can you hear your wii u's fan at all.
I don't have a WiiU, but it wouldn't surprise me. My PS3 Slim fan is audible as well, and the WiiU uses twice as much power as the Wii, so it generates more heat as well.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can hear my wii u only when playing black ops 2, not sure if it's the fan or the disc but it's completely quiet while playing the other games i own but with black ops in there you can hear it over the sound of the tv from about ten feet away.

linuxGuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii u is at least as loud as my ps3. I game far enough away that the noise doesn't bother me too much though.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Fans? Wii U? HAHA but it has no gaemz!

jk.
I guess it's normal?
If it's hot, more so. Maybe the place where it's, well... placed, it's kinda hot so the console itself has to do some extra work to keep itself cool?

edit: CHARI Y U DO DIS

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cool Beans! Thanks y'all for checking. It's pretty stable, quiet and doesn't sound sick. I've just never seen/herd a Wii U before so I wanted to double check with some people who have.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
People post videos complaining about the fan noise because they have a Wii U with a messed up fan. It's not supposed to be loud, and isn't when working correctly. People send them into Nintendo, and Nintendo fixes/replaces the fan so it's not noisy.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fans on mine are quiet. I've had trouble feeling air move, lmfao. They are working though. From 360 fat, this will trip people out. I used this fan and modded the hell out of it. People water cooled their 360!!! I highly doubt Wii U will need anything like this. If Wii U mode is hacked publicly I wonder if temps can be monitored from the system menu. Only for laughs.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it has a larger fan than Wii; larger fans spin slower to push the same CF of air and are therefore quieter. Logic should follow it's quieter, till you factor in faster cores and more of them...Still...:unsure:

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I rarely if ever hear the case fan in my Wii U. But I do hear the blue disk drive but even it is fairly quiet. Sometimes I here the Toshiba tb drive but all in all it is much quieter than my Xbox 360 side by side and an arms length away.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know about your friend, but I can hear any Wii's fan from 2 feet away.
If he could hear his Wii U's fan from 5 feet away, that would actually be something to ponder.

That's actually a pretty accurate description. It's on a computer desk so we're quite close to the console itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER