Hardware Misc Can you change the type of game a flash cart comes up as?

Shane-O

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hiya! Recently I've started Pokemon W2 and haven't played much as I've been trying to get all the legedaries from the Dream Radar app. But in order to do that I need all the gen 4 games.

Is there anyway to make my flash cart be recognized as Diamond/Pearl/Heart Gold (I'm lucky and have Soul Silver and Platinum)?
I belive that all that is requiered is for it to show up like it on the home screen as copies of any langedes apparently work

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hiya! Recently I've started Pokemon W2 and haven't played much as I've been trying to get all the legedaries from the Dream Radar app. But in order to do that I need all the gen 4 games.

Is there anyway to make my flash cart be recognized as Diamond/Pearl/Heart Gold (I'm lucky and have Soul Silver and Platinum)?
I belive that all that is requiered is for it to show up like it on the home screen as copies of any langedes apparently work
I honestly don't know. I think that the display game and game icon are in a ROM and cannot be modified. God knows why it's set to Touch Bomberman Land of all games though.

Reactions: Shane-O

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. That information is ROM. I suspect these 3DS Compatible flashcards are being made in a similar fashion as Counterfeit games in order to help bypass security check.

If I open my flashcard (Supercard DSTWO) in Godmode9 through the gamecart option, I can actually dump Alex Rider Stormbreaker as an NDS file.

Reactions: Shane-O and impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The flash cards have a bootloader, a firmware and a kernel.

the firmware and the booloader need a special process in order to upgrade, that are the pieces of software what face a "original" game in order to be loaded by the OS of your DS or 3DS, they think the card is genuine. then uses a exploit to run the "kernel" the kernel is the menu what let you to load the files on the SD card and run the games.

I had a R4 which originally was showed as a Bob Square pants game and after a Upgrade now is a Japanese game with a Q on the image.

The "presentation" on the OS has nothing to do with the ability of run SD games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo