ROM Hack Can Someone Complile The New Gen 7 PKHeX ?

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone who hasn´t finish the Pokemon League yet, dont use the Mageana Event Flag setting. It will prevent you to finish the League normally because everyone will treated you like a champ even though you enter the League for the first time. Also the Final Battle is Your Rival instead of the Professor. Making Entering post game impossible!

You can still uncheck the Flag to fix it though :)

What is this Flag exactly? Is it set to "on" by default?

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Use Save file manager, decrypt save file then restore edited main file. it should work again.
Can you elaborate on this please? Which program do I need to do this, or is it literally called "Save File Manager"? I've only ever used SVDT and JKSM so I'm not familiar with other tools.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you elaborate on this please? Which program do I need to do this, or is it literally called "Save File Manager"? I've only ever used SVDT and JKSM so I'm not familiar with other tools.
Either or, as they both dump a decrypted save. Just use them like you normally would (sdvt for cartridge, jk for CIA copies). Being that they're save managers, it also doesn't matter which you use

-edit-
Just dump the save with jksm, its easier on the eyes. Then open that backup in pkhex and enjoy editing. (Just plz remember, SuMo support is early in development, therefore backups are HIGHLY recommended)

Last edited by Sketchy1,

OkazakiTheOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Either or, as they both dump a decrypted save. Just use them like you normally would (sdvt for cartridge, jk for CIA copies). Being that they're save managers, it also doesn't matter which you use

-edit-
Just dump the save with jksm, its easier on the eyes. Then open that backup in pkhex and enjoy editing. (Just plz remember, SuMo support is early in development, therefore backups are HIGHLY recommended)
Yeah I understand, but when I import it back into Moon, it says its corrupted. Is there something special I'm supposed to do?
(And yes I am a backup maniac :P I take lots and lots and lots of em...but thanks for the advice! :))

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I understand, but when I import it back into Moon, it says its corrupted. Is there something special I'm supposed to do?
(And yes I am a backup maniac :P I take lots and lots and lots of em...but thanks for the advice! :))
Sounds like moon uses secure value now? (Like animal crossing I guess) use savedatafiler (can be found on that iso site) and dump the secure value as well as the save. Then restore the secure value with the save, and see if that helps.

OkazakiTheOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sounds like moon uses secure value now? (Like animal crossing I guess) use savedatafiler (can be found on that iso site) and dump the secure value as well as the save. Then restore the secure value with the save, and see if that helps.
I'll try I guess
But it doesn't seem like other people are having this issue does it? Hmm I'll try a couple other things first.

nikolai131

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So can someone explain in simple words what these Magearna flags are exactly? Thank you xD

"Recieved Magearna Gift" - So I guess (if checked) it's that you've received Magearna corectly via QR??
"Magearna Event Active" - Does this mean (if checked) there is a story event with Magearna in game?

Also I wasn't able to receive Magearna before I became Champion, and I am still unable to, now that I am... *sigh* Do I have to beat the Battle Tree before I try again?

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
So can someone explain in simple words what these Magearna flags are exactly? Thank you xD

"Recieved Magearna Gift" - So I guess (if checked) it's that you've received Magearna corectly via the QR??
"Magearna Event Active" - Does this mean (if checked) there is a story event with Magearna in game?

Also I wasn't able to receive Magearna before I became Champion, and I am still unable to, now that I am... *sigh* Do I have to beat the Battle Tree before I try again?

yes, yes, no.

OkazakiTheOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Use Save file manager, decrypt save file then restore edited main file. it should work again.

I've tried a few things in an attempt to fix it. I did as you said and looked into the save with save data filer, but there was no secure value file to backup/restore.
I also tried wiping the game's save with JKSM then restoring the edited one, but that didn't work either.

I just wanted to change my "Started Adventure" date to 11-18-16 :/

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried a few things in an attempt to fix it. I did as you said and looked into the save with save data filer, but there was no secure value file to backup/restore.
I also tried wiping the game's save with JKSM then restoring the edited one, but that didn't work either.

I just wanted to change my "Started Adventure" date to 11-18-16 :/
I'm pretty sure secure value is dumped with r+x button savedatafiler, (top screen shows the controls)

-Edit-
Make sure to DUMP the save, NOT explore it (pressing a opens the explorer in savedatafiler, dump it by pressing y I believe)

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. I'll try that. I've never had to deal with secure values before. What do I do with it after it is dumped? Sorry if I'm being a bother.
Oh its no problem. Secure value was meant to stop hackers simply injecting edited saves for games like animal crossing, and the secure value changes every time a game is started. Therefore , if the game save files stored value and the current game value don't match, the game will reject it and treat it as corrupt.

And you keep the secure value until the moment you restore the game. Other then that, it serves no other purpose. Just restore the secure value with the save

Last edited by Sketchy1,

OkazakiTheOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Once u dump it and you have your edited save, restore both by moving all the way to the right on the bottom screen don't worry, they'll both be labeled secure value and save
There's no option to dump the value :(
http://imgur.com/a/UeZxb

Nevermind, I found it. Trying what you said now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I did exactly what you said and it still didn't work :(

I did this:
- Exported the secure value and save with SaveDataFiler
- Edited the 'main' file exported by SaveDataFiler
- Restored the edited 'main' file back
- Restored the secure value

And it still says it's corrupted :/

The only save that works is the unedited one when I push it back into the game.

I must be doing something wrong.

Last edited by OkazakiTheOtaku,

OkazakiTheOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
:( oh no...

None of my backups are working...when I restore them all it says they're corrupt. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?
I know I messed something up and it's my fault but I'd appreciate help here...I put like 20 hours into the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @light27, i wanted a Wii u as a kid when i watched a Mario kart 8 commercial on tv